It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't fear the Aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
For the sake of this thread and subject we're all going to accept that aliens are real for a moment, like Hawkins said. Then we pretty much know without any doubt that they visited our ancestors due to the knowledge we know they held and the paintings we've seen. I could sit here and list source to these all day long. Some don't and won't believe but remember my first line, for the sake of this discussion in light of Hawkins announcement we are going to accept they are real for now. If you don't agree don't bother, this thread isn't for you.

I'm sure someone has pointed it out in the mountains of threads already posted but I feel this is important enough to post separately.

According to multiple sources(if you believe them) there is a fight for disclosure(whatever that may consist of) going on right now. Some want it, others want to keep it hidden.

Starting with the ABC TV series V, it shows aliens are the bad guys. They are hiding among us and secretly want to harm us. Right away this puts it in the head's of the viewer that aliens are evil, bad, and we should avoid them.

It seems to me this is exactly something that the disclosure opposing forces would want to project to us. So we will oppose any progress towards disclosure.

Then I see these threads popping up where Stephen Hawkins is nearly saying the same thing. Aliens want to rape and pillage us.

Well I strongly oppose that aliens are evils. And here are my arguments.

First of all you can't fit advanced beings into our tiny understanding of the cosmos and consciousness. Just because we are savages, kill our own, build weapons of destruction, and harm ourselves and our home doesn't mean a greater, more advanced being is going to do the same.

I think better understanding comes with the knowledge required to be considered a more advanced being than ourselves. As a civilization evolves from our current age of sickness and destruction it begins to realize the higher calling, the greater understanding of the whole picture and the need to uphold a better standard for all of life. I believe those things evolve hand in hand with each other and any beings more advanced than us, who can travel the universe at great distances would have already gone through that evolution in both their mindsets and actions towards other life.

This means any beings capable to traveling the universe and visiting smaller civilizations is further advanced than us in technology, of course, but that shouldn't be all they are more advanced in. They should also be more advanced in understanding the needs for life to strive and not suffer and technology would be an aid in this understanding when it's used for positive instead of war. Something which I think comes naturally once technological capabilities grow and their potential outgrows the need for war, destruction and death.

So you see, aliens may not be as evil as someone is trying to convince us. Besides, our ancients seem to have gotten along with them pretty well.

I know many of you that read all of this will have many comments and disagreements. I look forward to hearing them.

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

So do you personally feel this way about all of the POTENTIALS being fair and nice to humans and others, just asken? I feel there are many POTENTIALS who can be good energy but some are also evil energy. The thing with this disclosure issue is it may cause powers to switch around or even non exist as they do today. I guess that is a no no for some here on EARTH I just hope they will be COOL with the humans here but WE SHALL SEE. If not ohh wellz space bugz.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I will admit it is hard to me to say all advanced beings would share this positive nature towards life.

On one hand I would like to think that with technological advances comes the ability to better and more efficiently take care of ourselves and our world.

A conflicting voice wants to be heard and it does say that some might take longer to realize this and to change for the better quality of life.

But that there is more good than evil in the advanced realms and a higher quality of life is always the ultimate goal in the end.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The argument that more advanced creatures and stuff are less violent, does not hold true on our planets does it. Humans are savages, and are far worse than most animals, so it really is not in nature for the higher up the food chain to be more passive.

Only a small percent of humans are passive, so what does that tell you. Isn't there aggressive and passive dogs, like all animals.

I personally think all alien species would be bad news to us.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

mountains of threads already posted

Please contribute to the ongoing discussion here.

Thread closed.

Mod Note: ATS Search – Please Use This Link.

[edit on April 26th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

top topics

join