It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Criminalizing Rights to Peaceably Assemble? Militia Now Viewed as "Gangs"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
sorry, I don't want these people...with bad spelling and grammar screaming about how the government is evil. And believe anything Fox News tells them.

Irony is that in the very paragraph you attack another persons ability to use spelling and grammar you have failed to capitalize and then proceeded to start a sentence with the word 'and'.

So are you actually listening to what the majority of the people have to say or only listening to what news outlets have portrayed?

Your rebuttal to another poster was to just demonize and demean rather than engage and persuade.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WWJFKD
reply to post by lilwolf

Alright lets all get on the same page here and come to some consensus before we all meet in the real world. What are you talking about? what is your mission statement - if you will - You are turning your back on the uninformed when the chips are down? And all will benefit from a Restored Republic essentially saving their butts - What is the empasse here? You and I both know its the real deal so where are we at odds?

9:02 pm later.... Guess not

[edit on 26-4-2010 by WWJFKD]

we are not at odds...and i had to go to the store... a person must eat... and after i have dinner I will respond to you.

okay dinner is finished...

Any legitimate militia has pretty much fashioned themselves after the Michigan militia... they are by far the best , have the longest existance, and they are the most respected out there... there is none better.

I will turn my back on any person or persons that have no intent to understand what they stand for, nor will I listen or waste time with some idiot that thinks they are all redical elements. We are not...As I said, the fringe elelments are the problem and we know that... and many different good and active militas... will and have worked with the feds to bust them up...
We do not want to be the ones that get blamed for the ignorance of some fringe group that is all hung up on , what ever their reasons are.

Militias are not going to stand around and literally wait for the government to literally destroy all that is America.
We are pro constitution, many are oath keepers, we suppport the laws of the land. Now, that said, we do not like the patriot act but we do understand that it is a needed evil at this time.
We, also do not like gun control in the manner that many on the hard left and some on the right want... it is a failure in totality.

We also support the rights of any American over any person that has illegally entered into this nation.
We do not support illegal immigration under any circumstances.

Whether this next line is a contradiction of termsand meaning..I leave that to you to decide.
We do not like the wars being waged at this time.. but we support our soldiers in any and all amnners that is needed.
We support all the bill of rights.... rights for Americans.

That is ageneral idea. We train in a variety of manners, we hate the terms that we are gangs, or groups of thugs...
We have left that term for the government... it does not apply to most all militia persons.

We are the back ground of what will be needed, when it all falls. We have seen what is coming. The present administration as well as the last is destroying the very fabric of this nation. That cannot continue for very long before it implodes.

Yes, we have guns. Many people have guns stashed all over the nation and some of the larger groups are already in positions of high power, so they see and know what is going on. And they inform their respective groups. That is no secret at all.

Now, it is my understanding and my intent as well as several hundred thousand men and women across this nation.. that we will not fire the first shot.... but we damn sure will let them open the dance, and we are going to be there to restore order under the auspices of our respective governors... but we will not go against the constitution.

we believe in self defense and will not hesitate to defend ourselves.

Now does that sound like we are intent upon a violent over throw at this time? No, we are not and will not be until it becomes needed and that is not my decision to make... thankfully.

And that is all that needs said.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by lilwolf]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Here's one freedom they took away, the right to fish and catch your own food. Now you have to register and pay a fee to get a license to go fishing in saltwater, all in the name of keeping track of fish. It maybe trivial, but it is on less FREEdom we have

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

So basicaly they want to make it Ileagal to be an Able Bodied male.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I think that perhaps some people have forgotten the basic founding principles of America... A government OF the people, FOR the people and BY the people. It was about liberty, freedom and property. It was about an individual's right to decide for themselves what would be best for them. And most importantly, it was about organizing a government that advanced the will of the people. The founders even insured this by allowing Americans the Bill of Rights - most notably freedom of speech, the right to bear arms, peaceably assemble and REDRESS OF GRIEVANCES. They insured that the Republic would remainOF the people by offering in the Declaration of Independence the following:

"When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security. --Such has been the patient sufferance of these colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former systems of government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute tyranny over these states. To prove this, let facts be submitted to a candid world."

Benjamin Franklin understood the danger to our Republic when faced with the question, "So, what form of government have you given us?" He responded with, "A Republic, if you can keep it!"

The facts are and remain that since that time, powers have been at work to undermine the greatness of the American experiment - a nation run by it's citizens. Since it US who own this country it is OUR responsibility to see to it that the government is kept in check and does not become an entity unto itself working against its own people. WE ARE the government.

What we have here is a government run amok utilizing "Laws" to preserve itself against the very people that it works for! They have created an "Us versus them" paradox, accompanied by heavy propaganda designed to program people into accepting the government as the ultimate authority over OUR lives. This was never the intent. So instead of functioning as it was intended, it is enacting tyrannical laws and regulations in order to keep its "Subjects" in line.

The right of every American to peaceably assemble, regardless of what title, name or flag they assemble under, shall be reserved as inalienable and shall not be infringed upon by ANY governing body. If, however, said group begins to engage in illegal behavior, only then should we begin a discussion about that group's right to exist - but THAT group only. The thing that scares me most about people's willingness to sacrifice freedom for perceived security are reading the posts that support this insanity. This tells me that they understand very little about this nation's roots, the Constitution and even less about the propaganda and programming that they are being subjected to.

Freedom is absolute - you either have it or you do not!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Darn - double post!

So sorry!

[edit on 26-4-2010 by kozmo]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I think if a bunch of idiots wanna parade around with guns, I kind of doubt a law would actually stop them.

I stopped taking these militias seriously when I realized all they do is make masturbatory youtube videos of them pretending they're in a real life Call of Duty game.

when the time calls for them to MAYBE be of service, they're not going to be defending anyone's freedom but their own from a BS bunker in their backyard.

oh, and I bet they'll all go back into hiding when another republican gets back into office.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Nevermind - I'm being bad - Back on Topic - Masturbatory - ROFLMAO!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by piddles

Is that all they do... "Make masturbatory videos"???

Sounds like you may have some experience regarding the matter, eh?

Thank you for sharing that deep, thought-provoking pearl of wisdom. Because, I thought the militias did a whole heck of alot more than that. But what do I know, right?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
So my question is this(though I have my own answer): what is it that the "common man/woman" can do, to reverse the trend of snubbing they have received from the Peoples government to right this sinking ship.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12GaugePermissionSlip

I can detect your butt puckering with that one. I guess your little dream of armed insurrection by treasonous rednecks doesn't fit with your imaginary version of the US Constitution.

I found this post enlightening until I reached this point.
The term" treasonous redneck" seems to give this post a "corporatist" slant.
If America is a corporation, as many say, this makes sense.
That thought brought to mind something I recently read .

"In 1921, 10-15,000 unionized coal miners from West Virginia and Virginia marched on Mingo County, West Virginia to support the struggle of non-unionized miners. Legend has it that a reporter from New York (imagine that!) coined the term "redneck" beacause the union miners tied red bandanas around their necks to identify themselves.
What resulted was the bloodiest battle fought on American soil since the Civil War- the Battle of Blair Mountain. The miners never made it to Mingo County- instead, the union uprising was put down in Logan County by a private army raised by the mine owners (complete with an air force!) as well as U.S. Army troops. Many of the union miners were brought to trial and were railroaded.

So, when someone calls you a redneck, consider it a compliment. The name originally comes from working class people who put their lives on the line to defend the rights and dignity of other hard working people." by Georgia Dawg

[edit on 26-4-2010 by 23refugee]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

I think that there are as many answers to that question as there are people willing to answer it. However, very few of them would be either acceptable or effective solutions. I have my own opinions on the matter, but they're only opions.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
They are just giving us more and more reasons to fight back, and replace this goverment, its our right to do so once our government starts taking out basic rights away, and well folks, the Constitution is our basic rights. I wont let it happen, when the time comes you will see me with the others making sure our rights will never be taken away. They will have to take the life from my body. This is so terrible that is happening and not more poeple are doing something about it, We are so brainwashed with the way we live our lives, I really am not sure if people will ever stand tall when they need too.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahmonrarh
So my question is this(though I have my own answer): what is it that the "common man/woman" can do, to reverse the trend of snubbing they have received from the Peoples government to right this sinking ship.

Stay involved in the process of peaceful redress this is a must and hold on to those firearms like your life depends on them. They are the final dividing line between liberty and tyranny. Don't be afraid to go against the grain. Your opinion matters. If a piece of legislation infringes on your rights - well quite frankly disregard it. Harm no one and give up no ground. Be prepared, one day they will overstep their bounds and then we'll see where it goes from there. What does it hurt to be prepared? You have a right to your pursuit of happiness and no one can infringe upon that. Just remember - harm none in the process.

Adding - any force brought to bear should be met with equal resistance.

that is "The very PC version" of my answer.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by piddles
I think if a bunch of idiots wanna parade around with guns, I kind of doubt a law would actually stop them.

I stopped taking these militias seriously when I realized all they do is make masturbatory youtube videos of them pretending they're in a real life Call of Duty game.

when the time calls for them to MAYBE be of service, they're not going to be defending anyone's freedom but their own from a BS bunker in their backyard.

oh, and I bet they'll all go back into hiding when another republican gets back into office.

perhaps you ought to look around and see just what they do before you start having your orgasmic ecstacy over what you think they are.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
reply to post by piddles

Is that all they do... "Make masturbatory videos"???

Sounds like you may have some experience regarding the matter, eh?

Thank you for sharing that deep, thought-provoking pearl of wisdom. Because, I thought the militias did a whole heck of alot more than that. But what do I know, right?

you knew a great deal more than he did...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahmonrarh

Stay involved in the process of peaceful redress this is a must and hold on to those firearms like your life depends on them. They are the final dividing line between liberty and tyranny. Don't be afraid to go against the grain. Your opinion matters. If a piece of legislation infringes on your rights - well quite frankly disregard it. Harm no one and give up no ground. Be prepared, one day they will overstep their bounds and then we'll see where it goes from there. What does it hurt to be prepared? You have a right to your pursuit of happiness and no one can infringe upon that. Just remember - harm none in the process.

well said, and these so called gang , that are militias have no intention of using weapons until and only as a last resort.... but people are usually scared of what they do not understand..

Be vocal by all means and make yourself known out there...

Those who do nothing and do nothing to prepare are the real losers in all of it, because their nanny government will not be there to care for them from cradle to grave... then what are they going to do? They are going to die off. And the strong will survive.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Nevermind - I'm being bad - Back on Topic - Masturbatory - ROFLMAO!

uhh masturbatory doesn't always literally mean a dude jerking himself, it can apply to people who stroke their egos. now let's grow up and put on our big boy pants, okay?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This is just one more step in the master plan of the left to dismantle any opposition by whatever means necessary. The staged arrest of the Hutarre militia members, this Oklahoma House Bill, the ADL "report" that S.O.'s thread talks about, are all part of this orchestrated plan, in complicity with the MSM, to wipe out the militias, and all means of defense of the Constitution of the United States. Our country is at war, not with a foreign power, but with the far left, that wish to destroy our Constitution and our way of life, and replace it with their government controlled slave state, where free speech is reserved only to those that agree with their plot. There is little doubt in my mind that this is leading to a boiling point, one which they have planned for. Those that support the Constitution and freedom of speech must remain strong, and vigilant. The next few years will not be pretty. Can we prevail? Well, I remind you that our founding fathers managed to defeat the mightiest army and navy in the world, with only a rag-tag under-fed, under-armed, and under-clothed militia of several thousand dedicated patriots. Tyranny comes in many disguises. The "slick" disguise of the present tyrants may fool some, but be assured, there are those that recognize what is really going on today in this country.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
it will be a sad sad day
if this passes

before u know it, I'm gonna have
to fill out a request to go take a cr@p
and then my toilet paper is limited
cuz I'm harming trees.

what a crock !!!

here's a hint big brother
u cannot micromanage
300 Million people

I told people a long time ago just watch this country will be like the movie Demolition Man. Then in November all the idiots will vote all Republican and then the Republicans will have a Republican president in 2012. Then the backlash will begin ten fold. I am Republican and hate to see them all in full control with 60 votes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join