It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama seeks to 'reconnect...young people, African-Americans, Latinos, and women' for 2010

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Obama seeks to 'reconnect...young people, African-Americans, Latinos, and women' for 2010

www.polit ico.com

The Democratic National Committee this morning released this clip of the president rallying the troops, if rather coolly, for 2010. Obama's express goal: "reconnecting" with the voters who voted for the first time in 2008, but who may not plan to vote in the lower-profile Congressional elections this year.

Obama speaks with unusual demographic frankness about his coalition in his appeal to "young people, African-Americans, Latinos, and women who powered our victory in 2008 [to] stand together once again."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I am speachless. This is our post racial president and he is directly calling for racial divide. this is without question the poorest example of leadership I have seen in my 50 years.

This country is never going to recover from his race, age and class warfare.

What do you suppose if someone did this on the other side? Oh, I guess that is OK?

I am disgusted by this. I get upset by things our government does no a regular basis. I am disgusted by this.

He clearly has proxies to excecute this retoric should he want to. By him doing it is extremely troubling.

It also shows his and the left's despiration

www.polit ico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
He HAS to rally the minority vote or the Democrats are going to get SMOKED in November! His entire 2008 election was predicated upon class warfare, racial division and appealling to the "Entitlement era"! The strategy was effective during the last election cycle and there is no reason to believe that it will be any less effective this time around. Do I agree with it? Hells NO! Is it pure hypocrisy? Hells YES! This isn't leadership, this is coercement!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Yes, that's right Obama. White males are your biggest danger. How dare he. That racist idiot. Just keep moving your jaws...... our time will come.

I hope this tactic fails big time and just maybe he'll see the writing on the wall. GET OUT!

[edit on 4/26/2010 by anon72]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
What do you suppose if someone did this on the other side?

Yeah! This is the first time a president has made an effort to connect with the various groups of people who voted him in! How dare he!? That would be like George Bush seeking the evangelical vote or trying to connect with black people by speaking at the Urban League.

Disgusting! Never heard of anything like this before!

/sarcasm

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

What really is going to happen if these joker get their agenda passed is that more folks will become more and more dependent on the government and rely less on themselves to support themselves. The spending spree can not be sustained so these programs are going to be cut, hurting the very folks he is looking to help now. He should be working with as broad a group of folks as possible to create more independence, not more dependence.

He's smart and when smart folks do foolish things, my experience is that their motives a suspect. I can only assume that he is seeking to drive more dependence which will create more wards of the state.

This country needs a uniter, not a divider if we are going to solve the problems we have. We need folks of every perspective and background engaged in developing solutions that work, not this myopic and cynical approach to merely staying in power.

I think this will backfire big time.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The comment section of the article is great. These comment boards hve been swinging hard over the last year. The first one is my favorite...

"Ah, the real base of the Democratic Party. Those too naive to really know what's going on, and those easily influenced based on "feelings".

Posted By: Flatulent Fred | April 26, 2010 at 09:07 AM"

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
so basically obama hate white people. What a racist.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I am speachless. This is our post racial president and he is directly calling for racial divide. this is without question the poorest example of leadership I have seen in my 50 years.

The left has been up to this for years and Obama is not shamed faced here.

The target is white males, it is clear.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TaxpayersUnleashed
so basically obama hate white people. What a racist.

Not just white people but white males. They will be divided along gender lines.

They have hoped for years to get white women to vote liberal. To see the white male as thier oppressor. And sadly it has worked at times.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
They have hoped for years to get white women to vote liberal. To see the white male as thier oppressor. And sadly it has worked at times.

Sadly, it's been TRUE!

Anyway, have your fun with this thread.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The reason this is grade A retarded is not necessarily because it is blatent racism/sexism. But because it is a retarded strategy.

Why would you focus on groups that will already vote for you?

If I were Obama, I would be pandering to the middle-aged to older white male demographic.

In that way, he could actually calm down the majority of his detractors. Thus improving his reputation significantly.

But instead, he chooses to piss them off even more by doing stuff like this. Me thinks its a conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
So enraptured were the people by the color of his skin that they forgot to examine the content of his character.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I am latina, I voted for him and the Democratic party, but I am not voting again for him.

I am one minority along with my family that he is losing.

My prediction is that congress will change hands in mid term and so the presidential seat on the next elections.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Sadly, it's been TRUE!

That's ignorant as hell and you know it.

Asian males, Arabic males, Indian males, African males, and European males ALL have oppressed their women.

Not just white men.

This blaming everything on white males has got to stop. What are they the new Jews?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

What do you suppose if someone did this on the other side?

Yeah! This is the first time a president has made an effort to connect with the various groups of people who voted him in! How dare he!? That would be like George Bush seeking the evangelical vote or trying to connect with black people by speaking at the Urban League.

Disgusting! Never heard of anything like this before!

/sarcasm

This is much more cynical and just bad bad bad what Obamas doing here.

Even if pandering Bush was not dividing.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Sadly, it's been TRUE!

That's ignorant as hell and you know it.

Asian males, Arabic males, Indian males, African males, and European males ALL have oppressed their women.

Not just white men.

This blaming everything on white males has got to stop. What are they the new Jews?

Yea thats right. Minorities are included as a whole in this language and thus since whites are not mentioned, but women are, this is a strait attempt to divide whites along gender. The rest still have thier race to bind them even if there is some gender strain.

Thank god for my liberal education! This is a shade of Marxist Feminisim which by the way is a class offered on many colleges campi.

The Red model goes after the majority or the minority whoever holds more power. So they unite everything else and divide the majority any way they can in this case.

The US has as its weak spot as far as the Reds are thinking in its racial groups and never letting anything go to waste they go after gender ego driven cracks.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Logarock]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'm not convinced that he hates white males, but I think he is aiming to rally the youth and minority to get out and vote in November or else he knows that post-November through the rest of his presidency is going to be one hell of a tough slog.

He's doing so by outing the white male. Look for further blasting of anti-illegal immigration laws being passed by Arizona and other states like Georgia and Utah and putting the illegal immigration issue, including amnesty, on the front burner. We might even see a speech about how "time is of the essence" for this issue.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I think the race scam is played out. Most people recognize it as another weak, ineffective trick in an increasingly tattered bag of used up ideas from another age. I do think the commies will run with it right up to the end, though. Old timers, old ideas.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

"young people, African-Americans, Latinos, and women who powered our victory in 2008 [to] stand together once again."

I'm sorry...I'm reading this quote. It says YOUNG PEOPLE, AFRICAN AMERICANS, LATINOS, and WOMEN.

Could someone tell me how this is frickin racist? Do you assume that by referring to "Young people" and "women" that he's referring to minorities?

How in the hell did you make this leap?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join