It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer claimed that existence of Loch Ness Monster was 'beyond doubt' Also new video.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
A letter has come to light after 70 years from William Fraser - the then chief constable of Inverness-shire Constabulary - claiming that the existence of Loch Ness Monster was "beyond doubt" www.telegraph.co.uk...

In correspondence to the Under Secretary of State at the Scottish Office, Mr Fraser said: "That there is some strange creature in Loch Ness seems now beyond doubt, but that the police have any power to protect it is very doubtful."

He told the minister that a London couple, Peter Kent and Marion Stirling, "are determined to catch the monster dead or alive".

Although very interesting I am still of the thinking it was probably a seal or some such creature.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by tarifa37]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Here is some recent footage of what looks like something strange traveling through the water at loch Ness

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

It is interesting that this wave activity fits the discription of what people have claimed to see, in conjunction with monsters, in other lakes around the world.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I don't know I am skeptical of that video. It looks like the waves left from some sort of jet ski or something.

I believe that plesiosaurs still exist to some extent. But I have not seen any evidence to prove it beyond a doubt yet.

I do not see any reason why it would be impossible though. It seems likely that a few would have been left over from the prehistoric eras.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

CX

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I spent my honeymoon around the Loch there, i swear you think the slightest wave is a hump!

I even filmed a log for about 10 minutes thinking it was Nessie.

The tourist information guide guy there said with a smile "It brings the tourists in", and the guy in the hot dog van next to it said the only monster he'd ever seen was when his mother in law went swimming in the Loch.

I always heard that one end connected to the sea, but looking at a map it looks like it stops short of the Morray Firth.

CX.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

Those waves don't even line up straight, they are all on an angle. A creature moving through the water couldn't possibly create such angled waved, they would all line up straight.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

I never been to Scotland but do plan to visit. I have always wanted to windsurf the loch, although it maybe be a little spooky when in the water waiting to water start.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Looks pretty cool, but at the end of the video, you can see the same wave formations a little further back. I was looking forward to seeing something.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by bittersylence
Looks pretty cool, but at the end of the video, you can see the same wave formations a little further back. I was looking forward to seeing something.

Maybe there are two of them

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
its a submarine ?

my two cents

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Given all the hoaxes in the past 70 years it wouldn't have been hard to trick this guy back then in to believing that Nelly was surfing about.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
its a submarine ?

my two cents

How on earth would a submarine make those waves?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

nelly? E-I-e-i-uh -oh nelly? Or did you mean nelly furtado?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch

Originally posted by zerbot565
its a submarine ?

my two cents

How on earth would a submarine make those waves?

Yep no way that is a sub, Ive watched a few times and if paused a few times there does seem to be some thing moving through the water. I'm guessing its had cgi treatment.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Loch Ness is connected to the ocean.

Loch Ness is connected to the open ocean by waterways large enough float medium-sized oceanliners. That is how all those large fish (five-foot salmon and five-foot pike) get into Loch Ness from the open ocean. Five-foot, juvenile giant eels could easily travel in both directions through those same waterways.

www.bfro.net...

It is connected at the southern end by the River Oich and a section of the Caledonian Canal to Loch Oich. At the northern end there is the Bona Narrows which opens out into Loch Dochfour, which feeds the River Ness and a further section of canal to Inverness. It is one of a series of interconnected, murky bodies of water in Scotland; its water visibility is exceptionally low due to a high peat content in the surrounding soil.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
"5ft Pike from the sea ?",someone needs to learn natural history !

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
something moving underwater

WARNING: MUSIC!

it may be moving fast coz it wanted to get away from the music

kidding aside, does anyone know the source of this vid? w/o the music please.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
hi,

just joined ats because i wanted to reply to this thread,

the previous video clip is from a spoof film called 'Incident at Loch Ness'

imdb www.imdb.com...

and a wiki here en.wikipedia.org...

the film starts off good but fades when the 'sex object' arrives on the boat

(i'll get my hat and coat now)

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
There's nothing in Lock Ness, trust me.

It's a lovely place to go to but there's no monster.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Always skeptical of 7 second videos offering "proof." With the spacing between the nearest set of waves you would definitely be able to see some of its body. Sorry homeboy, still not convinced, but thanks for the post.

new topics

top topics

join