It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Evidence suggests there was no ash cloud over Europe!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I was thinking the same thing. Not surprised though they often review films in that paper and it amazing how often a film will be panned in the daily mail only to be given a glowing report in the mail on Sunday or vice versa.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I think all this is evidence of is the Daily Mail is an untrustworthy source of information. I've seen some ridiculous articles written by them in the past but this one certainly takes the biscuit.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I am fairly sure there was an ash cloud, but it probably wasn't as bad as was reported.
There was definitely a fine ash-like substance all over my car, which first appeared a few days after the flights were grounded, and only now has stopped appearing. It could easily be dust, as it hasn't rained for quite a while. But I think it was a mix of dust and ash.
One day last week I was listening to the radio as the reporter took a sample of the dust/ash which landed on her car whilst at the radio station car park to the local Uni to have it tested, as they were testing samples from all over the county and testing the quantity of ash in them. As they said the sample was about 50% ash, that makes it quite likely there was ash falling.

In addition, your source is the Daily Mail, a tabloid well known for scaremongering and blaming everything on immigration. If it was from a more reputable source such as the BBC/Telegraph, I would be more inclined to believe it.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
While I agree that the Daily Mail isn't the best source of information, it's still something to think about.

I know that where I am in the UK there was no ash to be seen anywhere.

Strange though how Europe is using this supposed ash cloud to push its "single sky" idea.

www.reuters.com

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
market manipulation ? options trading/betting ? then if no cloud

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
OMG! I wish just once something could happen in the world and everyone on ATS could all agree it was NOT a conspiracy and that the official story was the real one!!!! I know it'll never happen, but I can dream! Every earthquake, fire, volcano, tidal wave, plane crash, political thing gets explained by conspiracy. What ever happened to the good old days when earthquakes were just earthquakes? Or at least they were only the gods fighting.

Paul

PS - I know, I know... We need people questioning things, and nothing is immune, but you know what I'm saying.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Well this is what can happen when you fly through ash clouds.

I think it was the right call. Always make decisions that have safety as their top priority.

If they didn't shut down air travel and a couple of planes went down or had really bad close calls then everyone with a voice would be screaming about why wasn't the airspace shut down. Including the airline industries.

The airlines just saw an opportunity to get taxpayer dollars and they're going ahead with this "no ash cloud" story and overreaction. It's sad since they're the ones that wanted these kinds of measures in place.

For some reason I just looked at my "Registered Date". It's hard to believe I've been on this site 6 years. It's scary to think about how many days I've logged on this site.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by DEEZNUTZ]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by yellow.sapphirine

Absolute rubbish.

I've got the stuff covering my car (no point washing the thing to get thick with it again) half a mil thick!

If anyone doubts there was an ash cloud, i'll get you a sample to test under a microscope if you want, i've got plenty of the stuff!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Hello,
I apologize for sounding ignorant, or plain foolish...

How much of a hazard was it for those helicopters circling the volcano? I don't have a link to what I'm referring to. But somebody has to know, or have seen the same footage? Thanks.

OK, here it is...www.youtube.com...

[edit on (4/26/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well, I knew it al along!!!
I opened a thread about it and most of the ATSers thought I was seeing a conspiracy where there wasn't a conspiracy.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
It seems there is still very much ignorance here a ATS, but hey, the truth is so unbelievable that no one believes it! (except me
)

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Regenstorm]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
Well, I knew it al along!!!
I opened a thread about it and most of the ATSers thought I was seeing a conspiracy where there wasn't a conspiracy.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
It seems there is still very much ignorance here a ATS, but hey, the truth is so unbelievable that no one believes it! (except me
)

There may well be a conspiracy, but it's not the one you think

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I think there have been ash clouds here in Denmark. Many people have been sick of it. From eye problems to pneumonia.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Fran, you are forgetting one very important and pertinent fact.

The volcano with the unpronounceable name, HAS been spewing volcanic ash for a week or so!

It's a pretty safe bet that the reason is that there was an ash cloud, and that the unusually heavy coating of crud all over my car, is mostly ash too.

It's a bit like someone eating 20 cream cakes and drinking a glass of water, then claiming the queasy sick feeling they get 10 minutes later might be due to a dodgy glass of water they just drank, as it couldn't possibly be due to the 20 cream cakes.

Hmmm...cream cakes..

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

A hazard yes, but not too much.

Helicopters and other small engined aircraft have engine filters, that filter out the ash and dust, and stop it going into the engine.

The hazards they would face would probably be due to clogged filters, not shredded and pitted turbines or engines with thick volcanic glass coatings.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Nope, I have to disagree. I knew all along it was a hoax and I was wondering all the time what the reason for this could be. Just the fact that it was a hoax was dismissed by most members. Now it's getting evident that this really is a hoax.

From my point of view there are reasons to believe that the airspace above Northern Europe was closed because of a threat from a certain group of people which existence is heavily ridiculed here on ATS. This could be a counteraction in a response to the suspicious crash which eliminated the Polish government.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
well I live in the UK and there was definately fine ash on my car over the past week.

Totally agree ... if there was no ash cloud over Britain why did all the cars in my village (in North Yorkshire) look like they'd been in a rally ?

>>> As for being 'over cautious' ... can you even begin to comprehend the outcry that would have ensued, had a plane crashed because of volcanic ash in the air ... I certainly would not have wanted the responsibility of making such a decision. The way I see it the decision makers were always going to be in a lose/lose situation whichever way they'd gone.

Woody

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
reply to post by Essan

Nope, I have to disagree. I knew all along it was a hoax and I was wondering all the time what the reason for this could be. Just the fact that it was a hoax was dismissed by most members. Now it's getting evident that this really is a hoax.

From my point of view there are reasons to believe that the airspace above Northern Europe was closed because of a threat from a certain group of people which existence is heavily ridiculed here on ATS. This could be a counteraction in a response to the suspicious crash which eliminated the Polish government.

Hello,
Checkout this video...Something about Visas???

www.youtube.com...

Interesting none the less.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Interesting..You know; I didn't believe in the ash cloud in the first place.
I mean, not in the way it was reported to be.
I happen to live in one of the areas that the ash cloud was supposed to be over; And well..
If there was a real ash cloud in the sky, sure, I might not be able to see it from the ground; but tell me, would it really be summer temperatures and sun shining every day?
I highly doubt it, then again I cant know for sure. But I remember reading that if yellowstone blew up the ash cloud might make a short "ice age" for the earth, so I'd assume that an ash cloud covering europe would at least make it few degrees cooler.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Klavier

What the hell are you talking about?

This is not a question of belief in an ash cloud...take a look at the volcano erupting and spewing thousands of tonnes of ash!

You don't have to believe it, just have a look and see it!

It's there...it's erupting..and ash is spewing out in great quantities. What's there to believe?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

There was an eruption, no doubt. But it didn't spew that much that whole Northern Europe was covered with it. Most of that part of Europe had clear blue skies. The volcano is also too far away to pose a real threat.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join