It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My thoughts on Arizona/Illegal immigration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
If you havent heard, Arizona passed a new law that allows police officers to pull "random" people over and ask for their paperwork.

Is this law needed? I would agree that SOMETHINg has to be done. The failure of our government to do something prompted this legislation, but this legislation is going to illicit racial profiling. There's no beating around the bush here.
Is a police officer going to pull over a fluently english white or black guy driving a nice car? Nope. They are going to look for hispanics driving used ghetto cars and pull them over. Thats the truth.

The problem we have here is not the illegals. The problem lies in the fact that drug cartels are causing violence. You can buy a mansion in Arizona now for about $300k(i saw it on yahoo). Could this have somethign to do with the violence? Maybe. But you cant deny the violence is here because of the drug cartels.

this is what happens when we dont put forces on our borders. Drug cartels are the real terrorists right now. But assuming our government is a total failure(so far it seems like it) Arizona has to do something to stop this, right?

I think there should be some kind of "side" system for illegal immigration. If you get caught, and you simply want to "work" here, you can fill out a form. Your deportation will be delayed(hey, your illegal now) but since your ambitions are to stay and work you will have some kind of precedent and/or addition to our quota. This will increase the average wages of the area by allowing illegal workers to work legally at the "right" wage. This will also force them to be fingerprinted and entered into our system. Comon, the crime they committed isnt that serious. However, if we catch an illegal doing a crime here on U.S. soil, he should be tried in our court. Fingerprint the guy, and hand him over to Mexico. This way, if he comes back, we know who to blame.

If the cartels want to start a war with America, they picked the wrong damn country. But, we gotta be careful here. We cant just start rounding up hispanics. Thats like rounding up Italians because of the Mafia's in the early 1900's. Lets be civil but lets get it done.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Well said. I wonder about how they would deal with my wife who is British. You would never know she was not american until she spoke. What would they do keep an ear out in the mall and stop anyone who "Talks Funny"? We live in North Dakota and no one gives us a second look until they hear her talk. Then we get one of two looks, Shocked curiosity(sp) or miffed anger. They way they look at her you would think that the Burnning of D.C. happened last year, not 200 years ago. I do hope that this law gets declared unlawful and forces action at a federal level.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The police will be on the look out for individuals who fit a certain profile. If you are not here legally, you will be detained. They can self deport if they like.

The communists are responsible for this mess. If the illegals want to blame someone, it should be the communist filth that urge them to "take what they are entitled to". The invasion is real and we need to stop it.

The last time these illegals crawled out into the streets they we all marching under the flag of communism. I have no problem kicking these scum back into Mexico.

The Illegal Immigrants Marching for Communism.

Even the effing protest banners are bi-lingual.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by mike_trivisonno]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

If the cartels want to start a war with America, they picked the wrong damn country. But, we gotta be careful here. We cant just start rounding up hispanics. Thats like rounding up Italians because of the Mafia's in the early 1900's. Lets be civil but lets get it done.

Italians and Germans were rounded up during WWII, and gays were dumped in San San Francisco. They don't talk about it much. All we hear about are the poor Japanese and "Native Americans".

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obinhi
Well said. I wonder about how they would deal with my wife who is British. You would never know she was not american until she spoke. What would they do keep an ear out in the mall and stop anyone who "Talks Funny"? We live in North Dakota and no one gives us a second look until they hear her talk. Then we get one of two looks, Shocked curiosity(sp) or miffed anger. They way they look at her you would think that the Burnning of D.C. happened last year, not 200 years ago. I do hope that this law gets declared unlawful and forces action at a federal level.

If we wait for the feds to do anything OTHER than F up something else, youll be waiting for a while. States have the right to take care of themselves if and when the feds dont pull their share.

Next step will be ousting of officials for dereliction of duty.

By the way, we have no problem with your wife...as long as she is a legal citizen. Why folks give her hell for being Brit god only knows. I kinda dig meeting folks from other places.

Brits and Germans have a common bond. Neither of us like the French

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno

Italians and Germans were rounded up during WWII, and gays were dumped in San San Francisco. They don't talk about it much. All we hear about are the poor Japanese and "Native Americans".

ya but those where all wars with sovereign nations. Im talking about gangs and violence.

new topics

top topics

join