It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arming the Left: Is the time now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Arming the Left: Is the time now?

I hope you didn't open this page to read what we already know: that this is the most rightwing government we have ever had in the US, even far right of Bush I, that our rights are being eroded daily, and that our democratic process is all but gone, if it isn't already gone.

I hope you came here to read about tactics for action that will finally have some consequence. I hope you agree that our protests, petitions, letters, and on and on, have been utterly ignored. The fascistas that run our country laugh at us. They believe they can do anything and that we haven't got the guts to revolt, but only to wage a war of words. I have seen the Bush cavalcades, as they drive away, his aids sneering and jeering and laughing and mocking our protests. They think we are a JOKE. Tens of millions of Americans protested the war, but because we posed no REAL THREAT to their power, we were UTTERLY IGNORED.

As long as we pose no REAL threat to the powers-that-be, to what is shaping up into a dictatorship, we will continue to be ignored. Right now, we are ignored because we present no organized power to fight this onslaught of anti-democratic, totalitarian government that we are up against.

It will take time, but it's time to get more left-leaning liberals and outright leftists to at least POSE a threat, by getting organized and getting ARMED. It's time to get well past this liberal phobia and taboo about weapons and force. After all, our liberalism was won with a REVOLUTIONARY WAR! they used real guns in that war. The French Revolution was also a WAR and they used real weapons there too.

Perhaps people believe that since the US federal government has the fire power to blow up the world X times over, that we have no chance, and that the 2nd amendment is therefore moot. I used to think the same thing. In fact, this was the major if not the only lasting upshot of the Cold War! the Cold war wasn't about one opposing ideology against the other; it wasn't about the East vs. the West. In the end, it was about the respective governments against their own peoples. The Cold War resulted in the repression of the peoples in those countries, and likewise, of peoples around the world.

But, it is still a myth that the US citizens are powerless against their government, a government that has become tyrannical and has usurped our democratic rights. We are not powerless against it. If we get organized and armed, and form a force of hundreds of thousands, we can overcome this government, or pose enough of a threat to have power. The government cannot drop a nuclear bomb on DC. It cannot risk the lives of whole cities, without revealing its own contradictions that is. Further, there is no guarantee that the military will remain loyal to a government that continually reveals itself as imperialistic and ruthless and having no real concern for its own personnel. The Iraqi occupation is teaching many of them that hard lesson. They are realizing that not Hussein, but the Bush regime, is their real enemy.

So I ask you, isn't it time that left-leaning liberals and leftists exercised their 2nd amendment rights and got organized and prepared? Isn't it time, before it's too late? Isn't it time, before another Bush coup and the following four years of increased repression and economic ruin?

We should remain committed to the absolute condemnation of individual acts of violence or terrorism. Read Trotsky's essay on terrorism, in the political education section of this website. Our reference to Trotsky does not mean that we are Marxists. I am merely referring to a good argument for any real revolutionaries against terrorism. We want a democratic government, which is not predicated on a Marxist state. In fact, we leave that to the future of the new movement for democracy, given that the future should be democratic and in a democracy, the people will decide. But, our goal is to make a future wherein the people CAN and WILL decide!!!!!!

This obvious call to arms comes from an opinion published by Citizens for Legitimate Government - A news service exposing the Powers that Be and the crimes they are committing.

There are several valid points being made in this man's discourse.

The only question is, will his publishing this really make a difference?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
You do realize that this was written 7 years ago right?

...by a left wing extremest no less. Does the ADL or SPLC know about this?

[edit on 26-4-2010 by lernmore]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Just realized this article is from seven years ago... no longer relevant.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by ForAiur]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
when you talk in Left -vs- Right ... congradulations you have been brainwashed into believing there is two sides of the story. wrong -
there is one side to the story the American Side ... when you hear left -vs- right you are participating by reaffirming there is two sides - being two sides to the story allows for Media Spin,
example - they are currently convincing Americans are Communist. Yea, right --- no left ...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Funny OP you say this-

I can only hope the rhetoric from the Left about "Right-Wing Extremist Nazis" is just that -- rhetoric. Sadly I don't think it is rhetoric; I think it's a symptom of paranoia. The Left really believes that you pose a threat to our liberal democracy. And when it comes to paranoia, just remember, "Just cuz you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you."

The US of A is NOT a democracy.
The Democracy Conspiracy, why we are not following the Constitution.

The rule of the Majority is EXACTLY why our country is in the shape it is. Both parties are used to enact legislation that is NOT Constitutional to make an ever increasing TYRANNY prevalent.

Funny how the anti-war protests have gone away now that the Dems are in power. Hypocricy at its finest.
Now that the Dems are in power "War is Good"!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
It's funny that you mention Trotsky, when he has had such a big influence on the supposed right-wing too. TROTSKY, STRAUSS, AND THE NEOCONS

How about focusing on Liberty instead of Left or Right?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Actually our government is very much afraid of We the people specially those that runs the country behind the presidential seat.

Those that are killing our nation while selling its sovereignty for profit making.

If The American people, tax payer, voters raise up against our government and demand that the government works for us our entire economy will collapse the rest of world will shut down and our nation will fall into chaos.

Yes our government will actually find itself unable to function as it will not be either smart or desirable to turn against its citizens and receive a negative response from all those countries that American has been "showing how a truth democratic freedom look like".

Because at the end our system of government is nothing but a fake democracy run by an elite corporate entity.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
lol left vs right nonsense.

There IS no conflict between left vs right, the conflict is statist vs anti-statist. And while there has been a rise in the number of "conservative libertarians" (who are only libertarian in nature when it benefits themselves), there are people on the left who are anti-statist.

Like myself

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore
You do realize that this was written 7 years ago right?

...by a left wing extremest no less. Does the ADL or SPLC know about this?

[edit on 26-4-2010 by lernmore]

Interestingly, this article is extremely relevant to the nutty sh*t that's being proposed now. Just change Bush to Obama, and change War to Healthcare, and it's the same damn crap being pushed from the Right.

Even the tax cuts are the same, only it's the middle and lower classes getting the tax break this time around.

Can someone please explain to me exactly how it is that we've "lost our country" to Obama as a result of the Bush Administration's bank bailouts, and the recent legislation to regulate the enormous Health Insurance cartel. I must be missing something, because I'm not seeing the correlation to what's actually occurred, what's occurring, and the loss of our freedom. Even the Bush Executive Order that allowed the federal Executive Branch to seize an American citizen off the street and hold him/her indefinitely without due process was rescinded by Obama (That means it was cancelled) I think that's probably a good thing, but I must be missing something.

Help a guy out here. I watch the news, but it all just seems like people pissed over losing the election in 2008, and not being able to handle losing.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Wow, are the wars over or been stopped?

That "thing" you call health care reform, what exactly does it do again? Oh yeah, new taxes and increased insurance costs plus less coverage.

Tax cuts? You have got to be kidding everyone.

Please give the EO number. I would also like to state that the Patriot Act has been re upped with even more powers.

Wow, Bushes bailouts, didn't Obama vote for those? And then instituted even more bailouts.

Also, the rule on assassinating Americans was also kept in place by your guy.

Then to accuse people of being upset because they lost an election, instead of that the Constitution is being thoroughly burned.

You people in the Obama camp really need to open your eyes to your own ignorance. Sometimes the truth does hurt, but you are not fooling anyone else with your hyperbole.

Nice rewrite of history attempt.

new topics

top topics

join