It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's a way to solve the whole war problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
The only problem is... our bought out 'representatives' would never go for it. It would be against their 'special interests' to support a bill such as this. It would officially end our military ventures around the world, butting in on foreign nations affairs, and finally stop the military industrial complex.

Here is the proposition: Add another amendment to the constitution that declares the United States of America as an officially Pacifist nation.

[edit on 4/26/10 by Misoir]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
lmao

ok, u made me pee on myself
from laughing so hard

i don't think they would go for it
unless it had a stipulation of

"Dont ask, Dont tell"

hahaha

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
There is another way. One who does not need a bill.

Everybody that had and does use a weapon. Has to say, No more.
Without the sheep to kill the sheep of the enemy. There are no more sheeps getting killed all together.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Pacifism is not what we need.

What is needed is a combination of 2 things:

1) A willingness to remove our military presence from other nations land and house it in our own nation or upon the seas.

2) A willingness to crush any who attack us with no pretense of nation building.

We will fight less, spend less, be hated less, and deter more with this action.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
What is interesting is if you look a the early French Republic, they did profess to be a Pacifist nation. This is, of course, right before the Terror and the Vendee.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Interesting, I'd be curious as to see what actual legislation would look like for this, where the limitations would be, and so forth. Something of this nature could easily form the basis of a broad policy-shift away from preemptive war for the United States. Every American president since Ronald Regan has conducted a major military offensive while in office. Now these were not all unjust wars and the majority should not be considered as such, but the simple fact does still remain.

To most Americans I can understand how such an idea as a pacifist nation would seem alien or foolish, but a pacifist can still defend themselves, and I for one would not advocate the disbandment of the United States Military at all, just a review of its use to equate with a less-confrontational nature.

There are however times when I truly do believe the United States Military has been used in an interventional way with positive results for the good of mankind, the American-lead war against Serbia, and the first Gulf War were good examples of this. I would be interested to see how any proposed legislation for pacifism would still allow the United States to conduct such operations to defend those whom cannot defend themselves, and to maintain the Pax Americana around the world.

Edit: I must remind the members of ATS simply of one fact: War involves two parties that both make a choice to fight, the pacifism I would advocate is not one based on not choosing defense but actively choosing not to be an instigator of war. We, as a species must keep violence as an absolute last-resort.

As such, acts of violence must be seen as failures of every other option. We have not reached that point yet in any capacity. As John Lennon said, "War is over, if you want it."

[edit on 26-4-2010 by ProjectJimmy]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
All we need to do is stop being an imperialist nation.
1 : imperial government, authority, or system
2 : the policy, practice, or advocacy of extending the power and dominion of a nation especially by direct territorial acquisitions or by gaining indirect control over the political or economic life of other areas; broadly : the extension or imposition of power, authority, or influence

We are rolling over the middle east like Hitler's stormtroopers, but slower.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
There is no real war problem. War is the product of internal affairs at work. Understand that the machine which man has constructed, shot itself in the foot. Though these ideas are common in all of us to believe in, we are distracted from critically thinking them out into the mass reality.

top topics

join