It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Mysterious Anomalies of Mars

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I dont know folks.....any of us really believe they would release any really good stuff? do we?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It would not surprise me if they find aquatic animals (bones, or fossils) let alone water in general, as I believe, according to the Biblical account of the Flood, the waters of the deep shot out of the earth so fast they shot rocks and other debris including water into space. Asteroids, according to this theory, are such rocks from earth. I believe I heard somewhere that all the asteroids in our solar system combined equal about 1/3 of the Earths crust, filling in most of the ocean. This is what I believe and my explanation for animal like finds. As for the monoliths, those are interesting. But from my pov, no artificial in terms of man-made. Perhaps long rocks shot from earth that landed on mars vertically.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Eheheh no!
I'm just saying that I hope you'll tell me the SOL of the images that you posted! I'm just curious: if you can retrieve it and tell me, I'll be happy!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Thanks to the OP for posting these pics. Some I have not seen yet. I am a firm believer that Mars once held life and might possibly still hold some forms of plant life. To everyone who complains they have seen these photos before... Many I have not, so...lighten up. Many new people who come to this site probibly havnt seen these pictures either, so its nice to see a thread with MANY pictures instead of just one or two.

Great job!!
Mars is one of the coolest planets around besides our own!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Markz0r
I recently watched the BBC program Wonders of the Solar System and it had a very interesting piece on Mars.

The reason Mars has no sufficient atmosphere is because it's a dead planet. It has no geothermal activity in the form of magma to create volcanos. Without a significant atmosphere it cannot sustain complex life such as crickets or bigfoot.

Well that may be true presently. However Mars was active at one time. Mars has the largest volcano thus discovered in our solar system. Man.. I would have hated to of been around when it blew.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8cf54188921f.jpg[/atsimg]Ol ympus Mons

Olympus Mons, the largest volcano in the solar system, stands out in this image of the Martian surface. The volcano's odd oblong shape may be key to how it was formed, report scientists who suggest that there could be a reservoir of liquid water beneath the surface there today. |

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kabal

Also, someone would be hard pressed to start a thread about something which hasn't been mentioned here before already.

I don't mind the same topics and photos as long as the OP is looking at them with fresh eyes, and it's not old news to them as well.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Risen]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm not sure this is entirely true even today. Not completely, anyway. Remember this event ... forgot?
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 26/4/10 by 2_of_7]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by -Blackout-

-Blackout-.....

Every one of these topics has been the focus of myriad extensive threads, resulting in hundreds & hundreds of pages of previous discussion.

Regards
Maybe...maybe not

That may be the case but it's nice to see them in ONE thread vs going through multiple threads

S&F for the OP, I LOVE Mars anomaly pictures

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If you'd ask me the US militairy has been on Mars a long time ago and know exactly what is going on on that planet.

Great thread by the way. It doesn't matter if some pictures has been shown before....its always interesting to see them again or to read an other point of view.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Markz0r
I recently watched the BBC program Wonders of the Solar System and it had a very interesting piece on Mars.

The reason Mars has no sufficient atmosphere is because it's a dead planet. It has no geothermal activity in the form of magma to create volcanos. Without a significant atmosphere it cannot sustain complex life such as crickets or bigfoot.

There is no evidence against complex life previously exsisting though.

Now that this has been said can people stop looking for trees and animals on the surface of Mars?

I love bbc - and like nasa itis full of people bursting for disclosure.

I think that's why nasa releases photos - slightly doctored ok (color etc.) - but not everything airbrushed out... that and maybe cuz they're understaffed / make mistakes

Mars being a dead planet is not a comforting thought. I find it very hard to believe intelligent didn't inhabit both or only Mars at some point and that is why both Arabs and the History Channel's Life Without People series agree that...

Man fears Time... but Time fears the Pyramids. Old Arab proverb

I won't be surprised when it is announced that Alexandria's Library's contents weren't entirely destroyed and the Smithsonian and the Louvre have decided to disclose that yes, we are mere ants in a galaxy picnic teaming with life that we can only begin to fathom.

Thanks OP - I believe, you're part of the process that helps the grasping of the situation

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Nice pics - not new and only really show past soil erosion due to the water flows.

VERY similar effects can be seen here on Earth - gravity and wind erosion cause these.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kbriggss
New people to ATS every day that don't even know where to begin. Yes some things become redundant as far as information and the debunking of it, but we are all searching. Keep up the good work. For the negative ones, I just love the ignore user button!!!

If something has been debunked please give links....

At least the next time someone posts these images, hopefully a mod can close the thread and point reference to this one, because...

Really... We have to start from scratch each time??

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

If I might ask, what makes you believe that the United States Military has been to Mars before? Do you have any literature, evidence or proof that this is actually the case? Dont get me wrong I would love for it to be true but to me that is a bit of a stretch...

Gk

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Well done OP for an interesting thread. A good collection of Mars anomalies.

Please ignore those who think they have a monopoly on what should and shouldn't be discussed within this forum. The fact that something has been discussed before is no reason to never discuss it again. The fact that others might be familiar with a case or scenario does not mean that everyone else on the planet is (or should be). The fact that some might not be willing to entertain certain possibilities or scenarios is no reason for others not to discuss them.

Also do bear in mind that a good deal of the time when people around here scoff and cry ' Oh this has already been debunked in such and such a thread' what they actually mean is that a whole bunch of people have expressed opinions which have somehow magically turned into definitive explanations... ie: No one still knows what the thing that's been labelled 'debunked' really is. However, they've made up their mind about what it is and would much rather no one else suggested differently or upset their carefully contrived and 'definitive' explanation

I normally stay away from the UFO forum nowadays, despite it being the main reason I joined ATS. I am sick and tired of the negativity, lack of imagination, bullying, and general nastiness that goes on in here... but I just thought I should contribute to your thread, in an effort to prevent others from discouraging your efforts.

... and yes, I realize it's ironic I'm telling the OP not to give up on the UFO forum or get discouraged, when I already have... lol

I'm off back to the Breaking News forum ... It's now become the main reason I keep coming back to ATS

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by Exuberant1

Exuberant1.....

Don't mind the negativists. They've usually got nothing to add, so they mostly whine

What's the use of posting material that has already been explained time after time after time after time after time after time.....

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]
Give the guy a break, have you read some of the other crap on this site lately.

Good job OP S&F

[edit on 26-4-2010 by lee63]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Without going over every picture from that website you copied all of this from, just using this first one for example should be enough:

Martian Trees and Shrubs:

Sure, IF that photo had been taken from a normal airplane-type altitude, here on Earth, THEN you could infer that those objects could be shrubs or trees, or some other form of plant grouwth.

BUT --- we don't have anything on orbit around Mars that is down that low, in altitude. These photos are taken from satellite heights, as they orbit.

I am continually amazed at the fact that people just accept, when presented with these photos, the 'explanation' that osmetimes accompanies them. From these very, very speculative "websites"...

Chalk it up, I suppose, to a lack of understanding of size, distance, perspective --- and the details about HOW the photos were obtained. That is, the technology involved.

The reason many of these are incredibly interesting, is NOT because they may be "plant life", but because they represent naturally occuring formations (VERY large formations, BTW) on an alien planet.

Geologic (or, 'areologic'...) in reality, with a few similarities and parallels on Earth (since it is similar to Mars in that they are both 'rocky' planets), but there are many unknowns as to the exact nature of their establishment.

UNTIL a closer inspection can be made, they can only be inferred, based on what we KNOW from our experiences here on Earth.

Just, everyone should guard against viewing these photos and perceptualizing them in ways that seem 'familiar' and "earthlike".

Best way to understand this is to compare to HOW Earth appears in satellite images. Mars is extremely arid, so don't try to compare river deltas, and such. Focus on the Earth desert areas, from the satellite images.

And, remember, there might be 'areological' forces at work on Mars that aren't fully understood, yet, and have no corollary to what we see on Earth.

Given what we know about the climate, and atmospheric conditions, on Mars (remember we DO have two functioning Rovers, at present) it could be reasonable to assume some sort of very, very simple algae-like life, as a possibility. There is strong evidence of the existence of water (frozen, most of the time) below the surface where it is mostly protected from the sublimation forces, due to the low atmospheric pressure.

AND, life on Earth has shown an incredibly strong ability to form, and even thrive, in some very harsh conditions.

BUT, on Mars? Complex, multi-cellular lifeforms that still survive (assuming they evolved eons ago, maybe) and can exist ON the surface?

Highly unlikely. Not impossible, of course --- it IS an alien planet, after all. Just, very improbable, from what we know, so far.

Would be an amazing discovery, however. Lots still to learn about extra-terrestrial life, since we are (likely) just on the brink of truly discovering it.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerocd
You have barely peeked into the rabbit hole OP. You have much homework to do:

Here is a start...

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Thats right send them to the living moon were he can see the PINK sperm spaceship all the factories and roads on the Moon here is the link

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Thats what they class as evidence of a spaceship join the dots and colour in must be a 4 yr old that runs it

That image is about as deluded as it gets but go visit give yourself a laugh, also have a look at the pegasus research consortium Yes I know sounds like the baddies from a Man From Uncle film but they are deadly serious again you will find the zoom technique just keep zooming until you see what you want.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join