It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

im incredibly sick of christians slapping a satanic sticker on everything they dont agree with

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

Honestly, I think you were bashing Christians in general by that post, even though at the end you claim not to be.

Check out some of Marilyn Manson's quotes and you will see why he was considered satanic. Things like...

"Hopefully, I'll be remembered as the person who brought an end to Christianity." (Spin, August 1996, p. 34)

"I think every time people listen to this new album maybe God will be destroyed in their heads. . ." (huH, Oct. 1996, p.37)

... and the fact that he is an ordained "reverend" in the church of Satan.

I completely agree with you that those who put a blanket statement on rock and roll being satanic, or video-games or whatever... have bought into a lie that everything is good or evil in and of itself. There is plenty of Christian Rock Music, s well as secular music, that is perfectly acceptable. We also have to recognize that there is music out there that promotes messages and ideas that are violent and hate-filled.

Drinking Alcohol isn't wrong. Some Christians would say it is. What is wrong is becoming a slave to alcohol (or any other thing, as some video-games are just as addicting and enslaving as drugs). I see no problem with playing WoW, but if you play 70 hours a week and are killing yourself and your relationships because of it, there is a problem. Same with drinking. If you drink so much that you are hurting yourself or those around you, there is an issue that needs taken care of.

Some Christians are what we call KJO (King James Only). They believe that most modern things including even contemporary Christian music are of the devil and are evil, even when they give obvious glory to God. They are so radical that they claim that if you read any interpretation of the Bible other than the King James version, you are probably going to Hell.

Obviously, most Christians do not fall into that category. But we also dont want to be so accepting of secular things that you cannot tell the difference between a Christian and a non-Christian.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mykahel

Check out some of Marilyn Manson's quotes and you will see why he was considered satanic. Things like...

"Hopefully, I'll be remembered as the person who brought an end to Christianity." (Spin, August 1996, p. 34)

"I think every time people listen to this new album maybe God will be destroyed in their heads. . ." (huH, Oct. 1996, p.37)

... and the fact that he is an ordained "reverend" in the church of Satan.

well from those statements i imagine hes just sick of christianity

and where did you hear he is a reverend in the church of satan? links please

i understand what your saying about addiction
"too much of a good thing" comes to mind
so why is it though that people get sucked into their bibles and condemn everything thats different? perhaps religion can be addicting?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

well that was a well thought out post i even gave you a star
however i guess we will just have to agree to disagree
when i was a toddler when i did something wrong i knew it because there is this thing called punishment, spankings, standing in the corner, being sent to my room etc of course i deserved most of tose punishments but sometimes i didnt as i explained to randys on another thread i remember once i decided i didnt believe in god i got slapped in the mouth for it, that was wrong

i knew then that there was something wrong with religion to have a "believe what i say or ill hurt you" attitude
now not christians are like that
but many are and i imagine the christians who protest rock and roll and call it devil music are probably awful to their children

and its quite alright to go a litle off topic, because in actuality you were still kind of on the topic anyway
you have to describe right and wrong when you describe religion right?

lets see where this takes us

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I have only read your opening post on this thread.
I am a christian lady,who is a sinner saved by grace.
I used to listen to black sabbath with ozzy,led zeppelin,
metallica...loved it all.I went to a metallica concert in
1994,when I was 39.

I accepted Jesus as my Saviour.I eventually destroyed
all my bad music without any encouragement from my
church or husband.I only want to listen to music which
gives glory to our Heavenly Father.

My favorite metallica album was the black album.My
favorite AC/DC was the razors edge.My favorite black
sabbath was the master of reality.All the led zeppelin
albums were my favorite.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

I have only read your opening post on this thread.
I am a christian lady,who is a sinner saved by grace.
I used to listen to black sabbath with ozzy,led zeppelin,
metallica...loved it all.I went to a metallica concert in
1994,when I was 39.

I accepted Jesus as my Saviour.I eventually destroyed
all my bad music without any encouragement from my
church or husband.I only want to listen to music which
gives glory to our Heavenly Father.

My favorite metallica album was the black album.My
favorite AC/DC was the razors edge.My favorite black
sabbath was the master of reality.All the led zeppelin
albums were my favorite.

well now no offense but you sound like you been brainwashed thers nothin in any of taht music that is bad,
why would you throw away everything that made you and individual away?
why embrace sheepledom?
tell me what happend and remember im not trying to be offensive but these are very difficult ideas to express nicely

i believe your statement is proof that religion is addictive, please dont lock yourself in your room with some food and watch benny hinn, ad leave your children (if you have any) to fend for themselves

i had a friend who pretty much had to take care of his little brother because their mom would do that except it was jim bakker at the time.
he still pretty much hates his mom to this day
she never bought much food for them

my friend told me memories of having to cook up old potatoes because their mom wouldnt take care of them

your probably not like that at all just dont let this religion thing run your life and dont listen to jesus take the wheel while your driving lol

[edit on 27-4-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

One question:
Why didn't you post this in rants?

No offense intended. I respect everyones right to post their opinions. And the OP is your opinion..
Answering my own question: I think I know why, because BTS is where threads get sent to die.

[edit on 27/4/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

One question:
Why didn't you post this in rants?

No offense intended. I respect everyones right to post their opinions. And the OP is your opinion..
Answering my own question: I think I know why, because BTS is where threads get sent to die.

cuz i dont hang out in bts

also i think there really is a conspiracy here
dont you think that the people who protest rock and roll are brainwashed?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

No real christian would ever listen to benny hinn.
I did post earlier,I listen to music which gives God
glory,praise and honor.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

No real christian would ever listen to benny hinn.
I did post earlier,I listen to music which gives God
glory,praise and honor.

but why the obsession?
i beleive somwhere in the bible jesus said to accept him and praise god and all that good stuff but he also said to live your life

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Brainwashed? No, I don't think so. I feel they just have much different views of "pure" and "impure" than we do. Personally I don't think there is a thing wrong with any kind of music, and rock IS the type of music I listen to most.

But people "brainwashed" against it? I don't think so.

And I don't hang out in BTS either. I'm just a little chuffed because one of my threads got moved there and it was less of a "rant" than your piece. That's all. Nothing against you or your OP.

BTW one rock song I like refers to Christian hypocracy by saying that even Jesus "ate with the sinners and hung with the thieves."

It's called "(Bounce Him Off) The Rubber Sky".

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I do live my life,I live it for God.
Sorry,I can't play anymore right now.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

yeah ive had a few threads moved to bts myself
its kind of a slap in the face

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

well whenever you get back just tell me do you think those artists are satanic?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

or your OP. BTW one rock song I like refers to Christian hypocracy by saying that even Jesus "ate with the sinners and hung with the thieves."
Not trying to give a bible lesson but I would like to explain why he did this. He ate with them to teach them, to bring in lost souls. The pharisees of the time actually tried to use this against him. They argued that if he was who he claimed to be then why would he eat with such people. Jesus then told them the parable of the lost sheep. I will put it in todays terms.
Let's say that in your wallet you have 80 dollars. You also had a twenty in your front pocket. You find that the twenty in your front pocket is gone. You look everywhere and then find it. You still have 80 dollars still in your wallet but you rejoice over the lost twenty. The same goes for us. There will be more rejoicing over the one lost soul that repents than over 99 that need not repent.
He left the believers to find the lost. Strong Christians should do the same. I have several friends that are atheist and I find it interesting talking with them. I truly don't believe in atheism. I think that people know that God exist but choose not to acknowledge him. I myself fought getting saved for a long time. I thought it would make me into a kill-joy. I thought I would be giving up to much. What I gave up I found I did not need. What I got in return is more than I ever imagined.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

the things christ did are clever metaphors however this is from a 2000 year old book why do you take it as fact?
why not take the quoran as fact or the book of morman? how about most of stephen kings stories?

what makes christianity or any faith in your mind the correct faith?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Yeah thanks but I KNOW. I was just mentioning a f--ing song man. LOL Religion makes so many people want to tell you "just how it is".
BTW I take it you didn't get the humor in the bit about how he "hung with the thieves" SPELLED OUT : when he was crucified.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I understand that perhaps you have had....hmm trouble? With Christians in the past. If they called you the anti-christ then they were wrong in doing so. If they judged you then they were wrong in doing so. Judge not least ye be judged. We as Christians are still human and will make mistakes. We can not possibly know what is in a persons heart.
With that said I do believe that some music is evil/bad. Music that promote sex and violence are among them. What purpose does it serve?
What message does it send to our young ones of which I have three. I would not tell someone other than my children that they could not listen to it though. Once they leave home I will not have a say in the matter though.
As for the toddler discussion we were having earlier my youngest son is almost a teenager. My wife and I have three boys and I can tell you that they new right from wrong at a very early age. Well maybe right from wrong is to strong of a charge but they definitely knew somethings were wrong before punishing them. Maybe we should also discuss the differnce between the power of conviction and personal conviction.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
To the OP >

Are you talking about Christians or Religion in general ?

Either way it doesn't seem to gel with what you feel you should do in your life, so you attack it. But it's okay because at the bottom you said you were not attacking it which makes everyone feel better.

Why are Christians being attacked on a regular basis by people like yourself ?
(the ones who claim they can "think" for themselves)

If you claim that you want your beliefs to be left alone, Why do people like yourself have to attack and single out Christians ?

Now where is that black pot or was it a black kettle !

The Truth will prove you and others like you wrong. But your type will never admit to such things.

Read Revelation, it is where we are up to.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

correct me if im wrong but are you saying that since so many people worship satan hes real? how does this apply to the wiccan gods or the ancient greeks and vikings?

Yoooooou!

See I said, what I said, exactly the way I said it, for a reason. So you could ponder exactly that. In other words , I'm not cop'in to noth'in.

As for the ancient's I'm not sure but everything is connected.

all in all a good thread to stir some crap up.
SnF

[edit on 27-4-2010 by randyvs]

so if iwere to follow bhudhism or the viking beliefs or the ancient sumerian beliefs to the letter than i would go to heaven?
if i havent misenterpereted your satarting to sond like oprah

however contradiction from you in 5,4,3,2,1.....
right?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneExplorer

read reveleation huh? i dont think so
im not going to be brainwashed and sucked into religion
no way not me

ive seen it happen, its not a pretty sight

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>