Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

im incredibly sick of christians slapping a satanic sticker on everything they dont agree with

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

hey just some advice when making multiple quotes at the end of every one of his quotes
put a / in front of the word quote in the [] on the end of all his statements
i hope that helps

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I am so sorry man. I really do not mean to be a pain in the behind and all but I tried and got so lost in that mishmash of quotes within quotes within quotes with some labled as yours but then quotes within that from a different post or something. I dunno. I was really trying but I just cannot wade through that. If anything it is worse now.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
this has been an interesting thread. not just another attacking thread. a few slip ups but we seemed to have been respectful and curtious

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

Odd position since most of the people who have had the greatest impact on history have believed in a god. May not be the christian god, but they believed in some deity that ultimately was in control of the universe.

Please let me know if there was anyone through all of history who was an atheist and had a positive impact on the world. Just can't think of anyone at the moment.

Hard to think that Gandhi, Martin Luther, MLK Jr., and numerous others were of a weak mind. They all believed in a deity of some sort and seemed to be pretty tough people.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by intjus01

Odd position since most of the people who have had the greatest impact on history have believed in a god. May not be the christian god, but they believed in some deity that ultimately was in control of the universe.

Please let me know if there was anyone through all of history who was an atheist and had a positive impact on the world. Just can't think of anyone at the moment.

Hard to think that Gandhi, Martin Luther, MLK Jr., and numerous others were of a weak mind. They all believed in a deity of some sort and seemed to be pretty tough people.

So anyone that doesn't believe in a god makes no positive difference in the world?
I'd ask if you're serious, but I know you are.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123

So anyone that doesn't believe in a god makes no positive difference in the world?

can you name a couple? instead of answering with another question?

[edit on 14/09/2009 by the illuminator]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90
hey ats what is with alot of christians on ats calling things satanic?
things like rock and roll, action films, goths, and politicians
yeah obama isnt all that great but i doubt hes satanic
believe me ive heard it said

i watched this video 12 times last night i even put it on my member profile
though there is satanic imagery, they are not condoning satanism, there telling a story about going to hell and kicking ass

its shock rock people its meant to shock uptight religous wierdos and look cool, nothing more and if you think rock is satanic you probably sit in church every sunday and possibley wednesday and devour every word preacher man bob says without a second thought, doubt, no questioning, just absolute belief, did you know the bible was rewriten a gazillion times? with 2 gazillion different translations?
to me this is ignorance and this is what we are suppose to deny on this site

another thing ive heard people call lady gaga, marilyn manson, king diamond, and rob halford satanic
i bet those of you who have ever claimed this never listened to any of them or only one song and probably half at that!

im not an idiot christians are using this as a scare tactic to make you subscribe to their faith just like when they stole hell from the ancient greeks
and the valley of gehenna shame on them!

and another thing why all the confusion over the word paganism? it means beliefs in multiple gods its polytheism, not witchcraft and satanism.
the acnient greeks, the vikings, the ancient sumerians, the celts, the aztecs, most ancient cultures were all pagans so whats up with that?

also im not bashing christians im bashing ignorant people

on a lighter nite there are actually some very cool christians who do enjoy some of these things and dont spout off satan this satan that

[edit on 26-4-2010 by ashanu90]

[edit on 26-4-2010 by ashanu90]

Most christians don't know it but they are the ones that are controlled by the 4th dimension or negative force they classify as satanic.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by the illuminator

can you name a couple? instead of answering with another question?

[edit on 14/09/2009 by the illuminator] [/quote

I'm not going to get sucked into a debate in which the starting point criteria is ridiculous on it's very face. No atheist has ever made a positive difference in the world, lol. Sounds like a blanket statement more designed to placate yourself and prop up your beliefs than a statement of fact.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Northwarden
Lol What delusions about Christians I've read here. The divisions are drawn, the battle is on seems to be the common war. Do you realize that Christians war is against the spirits of darkness, not mankind? It doesn't matter if you can't see them, understand them, or accredit them existance. I'll stick my head in the thread to take a tomato if needed as one who has been outspoken on the topic lately, but I usually avoid threads where it's just about people bashing what they think they understand.

I didn't turn Christian until I was 21. I've been to 35 concerts including 2nd row center to Judas Priest/Megadeth. My girlfriend gave me those tickets at the time, deal was that I found us tickets to AC/DC in return. I spent an hour on hold with ticketmaster and found us second last in the nosebleeds - not a fair trade at all. Anyway. Point is. I've seen both sides of life, and walking with God and being with Him in spirit is infinately better than a life living among the sordid aims of hell. I love what I've learned, and the heavenly associations I've made. They are real, and can help everyone out, and that's why I provide a voice to try and help others out. Not perfect, but there's room for improvement in us all.

I am also well aware of the hostility between that which is sanctified by God, and the ever-corrupting aims of evil spirits. It becomes an awareness over time, and a great joy to win your battles over temptation and sin when you grow stronger. Not by our grace, by His grace.

We are not against man when we are in the truth of Christ, we war against the powers and principalities of darkness in the heavenly places. If you think you are immune to these battles, study theosophy in great detail. Recognize the depths adepts will teach to, and how they reason away Gods existance into imprisoning depths. It takes a concern to change sometimes over simply caring, and there is no harm in enlightening anyone because there is a way through the thousand-fold mental confusions that daily work in the lives of those who have rejected virtue in their lives, and embraced vice. We're not here to judge each other, but to help each other. Christianity is a brotherhood and a sisterhood, not a prison. We follow of our own free will, because we have a working comprehension of our beliefs, not just distant memories of someones intelligent-sounding slander against. Everyone is unique, and we need tailored help from God to help us fight our battles. Give Him the glory.

Lady Gaga is a brain-control illuminatii puppet, I'm sad to say, as was MJ. If you don't think Judas Priest sings the ideologies of Lucifer in their music, then you've got another thing coming.

Hate to tell you but The Jesus in the bible didn't actually exist.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
truthbeknown.com...

"The Christian religion and Masonry have one and the same common origin: Both are derived from the worship of the Sun. The difference between their origin is, that the Christian religion is a parody on the worship of the Sun, in which they put a man whom they call Christ, in the place of the Sun, and pay him the same adoration which was originally paid to the Sun." --Thomas Paine, Age of Reason

Contrary to popular belief, there was no single man at the genesis of Christianity but many characters rolled into one, the majority of whom were personifications of the ubiquitous solar myth, whose exploits were well known, as reflected by such popular deities as Mithra, Heracles/Hercules, Dionysus and many others throughout the Roman Empire and beyond.

How the Jesus Myth was created
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Because of being steeped in, believing, and living a lie, in the the advanced stages of Christianity, the Christian takes on an artificial appearance and begins to look like the lie:
The well-known pasty look with the smiley mask. The lie emerges in the physical self.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by danhow]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Polytheism is the belief in and/or worship of multiple deities, called gods and/or goddesses.
wikipedia
Christians know 100% (in their own hearts) that they are to worship the true God of the Bible. To us, false gods may not be satan but they are in league with satan. We are also commanded to…
Abstain from all appearance of evil - 1 Thess 5:22 KJV

If it walks like a vulture and it talks like a vulture it may only be an old buzzard. We probably should do a better job of picking our fights though.

Peace.

JESUS|YESHUA|SON < YHWH|YAHWEH|FATHER > CREATOR|KING|SAVIOUR

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil
Polytheism is the belief in and/or worship of multiple deities, called gods and/or goddesses.
wikipedia
Christians know 100% (in their own hearts) that they are to worship the true God of the Bible. To us, false gods may not be satan but they are in league with satan. We are also commanded to…
Abstain from all appearance of evil - 1 Thess 5:22 KJV

If it walks like a vulture and it talks like a vulture it may only be an old buzzard. We probably should do a better job of picking our fights though.

Peace.

JESUS|YESHUA|SON < YHWH|YAHWEH|FATHER > CREATOR|KING|SAVIOUR

whoa whoa whoa back up lois this is not my batman glass
what do you mean they "know" god is real?
what if i told you i "know" in my heart he is not?
not trying to atack you or anything just wondering what your reasoning is

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

Then I would know you are not a Christian.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by danhow

Because of being steeped in, believing, and living a lie, in the the advanced stages of Christianity, the Christian takes on an artificial appearance and begins to look like the lie:
The well-known pasty look with the smiley mask. The lie emerges in the physical self.

Lol That's about the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. I've seen Christians in all walks of life, in all manners of profession, and there is nothing but a cross-section of People there. You can often identify an evil-filled person from no gleam in their eye however - and I think more than a few people would agree it's a sign.

In this day and age however, with tampered foods, poisoned air, big meds at work, and temporaryism, pre-judgementalism, and shortsightedness running loose as health hazards, physical and mental, I wouldn't go judging books by their covers. You can also look at a richer person, who has access to real healthcare (ie. the kind big pharma doctors will look at for themselves) and all organic food, and go to say that they are perfect specimens. It's not an accurate measure. But there is the eyes ... yet anyone can have a bad day too.

As for the rest of your claims, why bother quoting all that just to throw in a line of your own? Do you think it's somehow "impactful'? I'm not concerned with your sun god claims, or "Jesus wasn't real" posts either.
Seriously dude, give it up.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I need to clarify my previous statement.

I was not trying to infer that anyone who doesn't believe in a god makes no positive difference. I'm sure there are many good people who live normal lives and contribute to society yet don't believe in any deity.

I was simply trying to respond to your comment that anyone who does believe in a god are of a weak mind. That seems to be an extreme statement given the fact that there have been so many very strong historical figures who did believe in a deity.

I was asking an honest question regarding atheist and impact they have had on the world and history. My question was in regard to what would be considered great world leaders such as those I already mentioned.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I'm not sure what you mean by a favorable statistical outcome. Moreover I was just conveying the christian worldview, since that is essentially the question of this thread. Whether I'm right or wrong you will have to decide based on the evidence available to you.

I think the evidence favors the Biblical version of events. Certainly the consequences of being wrong about this could be staggering. As far as the evidence is concerned, my point of entry is the amazing number of fulfilled Biblical prophecies.
100prophecies.org...

Others need emotional or philosophical reasons to believe. For many there are barriers along the lines of "Why does bad stuff happen to good people". Most, however just ignore the question of the fate of their soul altogether. They just don't want to be bothered.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

i dont see how anyone can claim that a biblical prophecy has ever been fullfilled because there are a billion ways to interperet them and also all prophecies of any sort speak in very very vague terms. they could mean everything!
ive heard people say obamas he antichrist and its bible prohecy
however i wouldnt believe that unless somewhere in the bible it outright said

obama will eat your babies obama will steal your soul he is the one who is called i am! our name is obama for we are many

you know stuff like that

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Are they so vague? Google Biblical Prophesies Fulfilled and see what you find. Time for some more research 4u!

therefinersfire.org...
100prophecies.org...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Actually that's what makes Bible prophecy so unique. In many cases the prophecies are very explicit. For example the king that would destroy Babylon, Cyrus, was prophesied to arise by name, a couple of hundred years before it happened.

The arrival of the messiah was predicted in Daniel 9:26 and the fact that he would be assassinated down to the very day some 500 years before it occurred.

The precise timeline and the activities of various world empires is predicted in astonishing detail in several chapters of Daniel.

The rebirth of the nation of Israel is unequivocally predicted in Amos, Isaiah, Ezekiel and other prophecies.

The way that Tyre would be destroyed and it's reduction to a mere fishing village was predicted with some precise detail. I could go on, but it's best to see for yourself.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join