It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

im incredibly sick of christians slapping a satanic sticker on everything they dont agree with

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
hey ats what is with alot of christians on ats calling things satanic?
things like rock and roll, action films, goths, and politicians
yeah obama isnt all that great but i doubt hes satanic
believe me ive heard it said

i watched this video 12 times last night i even put it on my member profile
though there is satanic imagery, they are not condoning satanism, there telling a story about going to hell and kicking ass

its shock rock people its meant to shock uptight religous wierdos and look cool, nothing more and if you think rock is satanic you probably sit in church every sunday and possibley wednesday and devour every word preacher man bob says without a second thought, doubt, no questioning, just absolute belief, did you know the bible was rewriten a gazillion times? with 2 gazillion different translations?
to me this is ignorance and this is what we are suppose to deny on this site

another thing ive heard people call lady gaga, marilyn manson, king diamond, and rob halford satanic
i bet those of you who have ever claimed this never listened to any of them or only one song and probably half at that!

im not an idiot christians are using this as a scare tactic to make you subscribe to their faith just like when they stole hell from the ancient greeks
and the valley of gehenna shame on them!

and another thing why all the confusion over the word paganism? it means beliefs in multiple gods its polytheism, not witchcraft and satanism.
the acnient greeks, the vikings, the ancient sumerians, the celts, the aztecs, most ancient cultures were all pagans so whats up with that?

also im not bashing christians im bashing ignorant people

on a lighter nite there are actually some very cool christians who do enjoy some of these things and dont spout off satan this satan that

[edit on 26-4-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I dress 'preppy' I guess, and all that stuff.

But i've been called.

-Future Antichrist
-Possessed by Satan
-Possessed by Demons
-Satan himself

All for just saying I don't believe in a god, not even odd behaviour, just the sole fact I don't believe.... and half the people who call me these things, I don't know at all! They just heard I don't believe and ergo I'm satan.
Quite an honor to be such a infamous character though!

and if you think rock is satanic you probably sit in church every sunday and possibley wednesday and devour every word preacher man bob says without a second thought, doubt, no questioning, just absolute belief,

The less you question, the better their reward is, that's the belief.

Take everything a child molestor says as truth, and you'll get into a metaphorical pearly gate.

Not saying all church leaders are molestors, just a few, but they throw their net extremely wide.

Everything is satan these days though.

Just look at the real evil!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

im so sorry to hear that
ive been called an antichrist myself for my lack of belief

i mean people who believe in god i dont have a problem with but i downright hate those who judge and say "your going to hell you antichrist"
yet at the same time they believe "judge not lest ye be judged"
im sure we all see the hypocrisy here

lol footloose satanic? i got a better one,
i was talking to this guy on another thread and he said a guy told his dad that pokemon converted children to satanism! epic lolz

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

Its easy for them to just label anything that doesn't fit their worldview as anti-God or pro-Satan.

To some Christians anything that doesn't come from God comes directly from Satan, they believe that any other belief or religion, if it doesn't fit their own religious views, is a deception of Satan. Now most Christians are okay with rock music and all that stuff, most are just normal people like the rest of us, but these fringe fundamentalists and their poisonous propaganda are bad for us as a society.

Another belief that bothers me is the one that says the Elite or Powers that Be are Satanic despite the fact there is no evidence. I've even seen videos claiming that the entire music industry is in league with SATAN HIMSELF and people buy this crap as truth and support it wholeheartedly.

Now I won't argue that Lady Gaga isn't Satanic, because I'm pretty sure she is - think about it - only through some dark power could such a hollow vacuous bland bimbo become famous. Regardless of whether or not she is Satanic she is definitely not a good influence on anyone and her music has the emotional substance of the average VH1 reality show.

People will continue to label stuff they don't agree with as evil or Satanic and there really isn't a way to stop it... at least they aren't burning anyone at the stake anymore though.

Evolution
Rock Music
Teen fads
Pop music, rap music
Pokemon
Mental Illness (I've had numerous Christians claim that split personalities and other mental illnesses are all demonic)
Dungeons and Dragons
Hollywood Movies

Etc
etc
etc

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

the lady gaga comment made me lol
yeah shes just awful but in my opinion keshas worst

and i actually have seen a few posts by atsers who call most if not all the things you labeled as satanic

i wonder why people become so gullible to this fundamentalists drivel?
brainwashing in my oppinion

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Yeah, Kesha is definitely bad too.

I think blaming things we deem as bad or negative on some bogeyman is a very common psychological mechanism we humans cooked up. Even in the ancient times every quake, eruption or flood was seen as the world of angry gods or demons. Even today you've got people blaming earthquakes on secret government quake machines and such.

Anything we deem as negative that we can't understand is often at risk for being labeled Satanic. Parents didn't understand why their kids loved rock music: must be Satan

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

I think blaming things we deem as bad or negative on some bogeyman is a very common psychological mechanism we humans cooked up. Even in the ancient times every quake, eruption or flood was seen as the world of angry gods or demons. Even today you've got people blaming earthquakes on secret government quake machines and such.

thats probably what it is but man o man does it get tiring
i remember once some people tried to sue ozzy because his satanic influence made some kid commit suicide or something like that(luckily ozzy got off because i think the jusry realized the family and the lawyer were idiots lol)
its just running rampant and infecting people left and right

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Ignorance is easy to spread because people are generally gullible. Knowledge is very hard to spread because it usually takes some thinking on the part of the person you're spreading it to - people don't like to think, they'd rather be spoon fed.

Comedian Bill Hicks made some good points about backwards Satanic suicide messages in music:

"What performer wants their audience dead?"

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
i remeber my friend telling me about this
where the mother of an out of control kid blames gwar for his misbehavior and calls them evil
but oderus stands up and calls the mom a bad mother because all bloody puupets and fowl words should be the least of her worries
it was great
showed that **SNIP** what for
i hope this is the right video

Admin Edit: Profanity

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Crakeur]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

well the lack of thought is definatlely an american thing

i also thought of something else, theres an old christian phrase "idle hands are the devils workshop" i think this means people who dont work and think are satans slaves or some other bs

wow that guy sounds smart and funny, i gotta check it out sometime

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

And let us not forget all the e-mails and smses around the last US election that informed us that Obama was the anti-Christ.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Well the thing about that is there are are quite a few people that are doing that besides the Christians. Dan Brown, Jim Marrs, and many authors use this venue because even as the rock stars will tell you. Satan sells. So you can't pin all that on Christians. It just won't fly.

Some of the stuff dug up by non Christian authors shocks the Christian community that had no idea. So I think your a little off in this perspective.

Or maybe you would prefer this response?

So.

Ok I just squirmmed through 48 secs of the vid.
I think I just found the reason are planet is falling apart.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Well the thing about that is there are are quite a few people that are doing that besides the Christians. Dan Brown, Jim Marrs, and many authors use this venue because even as the rock stars will tell you. Satan sells. So you can't pin all that on Christians. It just won't fly.

Some of the stuff dug up by non Christian authors shocks the Christian community that had no idea. So I think your a little off in this perspective.

Or maybe you would prefer this response?

So.

well randys that probably is true maybe i shouldnt completely blame overzeaolous christians, however most times when a musical group uses satanic imagery it is called shock rock, its meant to shock, and doesnt necasarilly mean they believe in those things they sing about

however dont be confused there are some real satanic groups out there but to generalize rock and roll as satanic is wrong

lol so

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

however dont be confused there are some real satanic groups out there but to generalize rock and roll as satanic is wrong

Agreed.
There are many over zealous Christians labeling things Satanic as a whole.
i'm a child of the seventies and eighties. The fact that it is not just the Christians seeing this Satanic influence everywhere. Shouldn't that be some kind of a clue for you though?
Or do you just want to be sick and disgusted by the facts?
There are Satan worshippers everywhere, in all walks of life.
Being of the times I am, I've looked at this with a microscope many times.
Satan is aparently alive and very well off on planet earth.
You really are discussing something that is real as it gets. Which also may not be to your liking.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90

also im not bashing christians im bashing ignorant people

Perhaps, your title suggests othrwise (?)

I'm a metal head, love metal music. But i cannot ignore the OBVIOUS connections to amongst other things satanism (in places)?

And if you want to mention "lady gaga" well she's candy coated mind control for the masses. The blue pill.

I'd agree that some christians are paranoid. I'd even add to an extent rightly so. But i can also not ignore the fact that certain bigots USE christianity as a means to further their own ends. Mr and Mrs Gore spring immediately to mind. Honestly, calling them christian in any way is really, um, misinformed.

It's a minefield, you have some bands being INTENTIONALLY provocative (towards specifically christianity), then they get all "artistic license" and "freedom of speech" when challenged.

I would agree with other posters here that blaming christianity is a little wrong. As silly as they may seem, they do make a very good good argument against some of these bands.

(see Bill Hicks satan's on your stereo - excellent!!!)

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Yes considering the Jesuits and Church, just erected a huge telescope in Arizona and called it Lucifer.

www.arcticbeacon.com...

Considering what is really running this world.

Considering that all roads lead to rome including whats running the east, the west, the governemtens, and the cia even.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
What a weird thread lol. I can hardly believe it is here much less, that you are NOT bashing on Christians. What my spiritual beliefs are is my concern and not for ATS but, I will say this. I disagree with a lot of religions but I don't hate anything they do. Nothing they do can bother me. I ignore all religious viewpoints not of my own. Funny that huh?

Vance

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

It's beyond me how any religious group can pass judgement on another it seems rather hypocritical to me. I thought benevolence and tolerance and love of your brother were paramount in Christianity. I am a fool or there are allot of hypocrites who purport to follow Jesus.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Yes, I am with you friend. The very word itself was taken from an Arabic word, can't remember the word itself, but was something like "satain." (anyone speak Arabic?) Means "Adversary." In those days Arabic was considered a dirty language by the Holy Roman Church, who is wholly responsible for a great deal of the hype concerning "satanism," "devil worship," witchcraft," "demonic," and a host of other things and words that did not like, and do not want people doing. Think about it...if you were the Church in those days, and you wanted the ultimate power, even over the Monarchy, you would most certainly need an evil being to scare the people with. The original meaning of "Pagan" does not, in any sense, mean satanic.

The Latin word paganus is often misrepresented as an adjective meaning "rural", "rustic" or "of the country". Paganus actually was a noun derived from the word pagus which originally meant 'something stuck in the ground as a landmark'. The root pag means "fixed" and is also the source of the words "page", "pale (stake)", and "pole", as well as "pact" and "peace". In later years it was metaphorically extended to 'rural district, village'. Later the noun paganus was coined to mean 'country dweller. villager' and was not meant as an insult at first. As the Roman Empire strengthened paganus came to mean 'civilian'. It was only after the Roman introduction of the aqueduct system of transporting water throughout the Roman cities that it began to have negative connotations, and did not actually become a slur until it was adopted by Middle English speaking Christians to refer to those who would not embrace Christianity.

www.wordiq.com...

Same thing with the word "Witch."

The Old English words wicca (m.) and its feminine counterpart wicce both mean wizard and gave rise to the adjective "wicked". Wizard, again is thought to be related to the modern term "wise". A cautious interpretation gives us a witch being a person of (presumably occult) knowledge.

www.wordiq.com...

So, by definition, if you live in a country setting where at least one "pole" has been set to mark your property lines, and if you have read one book containing occult knowledge, and are considered to be wise, then you are a Pagan and a Witch.

I have been called these names too, being a long time Wiccan, I have had people cross the street to inform me that I was going to "Hell," another made up word. I live in Ohio, and of late there have been some UFO sightings here. I was telling a neighbor lady about this, and she loudly told me these were "Satan's Army" and that if I even believed in such "satanic garbage" (her words) then I was going "straight to Hell." (again, her words)
Back in Indiana, a man I was friends with for years often told me that it was his mission, ordered by Jesus himself, to save my soul, and save me from Hellfire.

I too wish they would just stop it, it make no sense, it is know to be made up, and invented, so stop it already. Wake up Christians, you are being lied to.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Religion is such a powerful thing, it clouds the mind and while can bring enlightenment to some, most of the time it does bring nothing but obfuscation to others.

I still remember when I was working with children in elementary school, It was this littler girl that hit another student, when I ask her why she did it, she told me that the devil told her to do it.

Right there and then I actually saw the work of parents on children to Find a scapegoat whenever they make mistakes and actually think they can get away with it.

That is when violence is view as ok as long as it can be blame on the supernatural.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join