It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: Experts Say Aliens Real! We've been working with them for over 50 years now. [from 2007]

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
www.youtube.com... watch this...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Angry Ferret

hogwash. You give our federal government way to much credit. our government couldnt hide water in the ocean.

more on subject, I take the position that IF there have been crashes, and landings, by aliens, that it would be impossible for our government to secure, and sanitize 100 percent of the sites, without
1. someone getting there first and taking wreakage or evidence away,\
2. one of the techs, or scientist, sends a sample to a friend or steals
sample.
3. They simply miss something which gets found. \\

reason dictates that I compare each premise based upon the knowledge i have of current reality. To wit:

No compelling or verifiable evidence exist that Aliens have visited the earth. The government is not covering up alien crashes or landings, for the simple reason there have been none, and have no recovered ships or other artifacts left by aliens because there are none to recover.
until such time as reasonable proof can be located, my arguement stands on solid foundations.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Phedreus

Don't you and your kind realize that people of your type sounds so hollow nowadays?

But you do have a right to your own comfort and solace for you to hide in. Ignorance is bliss in this cruel world filled with realities. Many are sick of being lied to and aren't taking it lying down anymore.

If a miserable piece of new generation Ipad can be hiddened from the world, and that is only for its company, how more earth shattering, paradigm shifting, and awesome truths must be kept hidden from humanity?

Fortunately, there are some who have more integrity and loyalty to mankind, instead to the self serving corporations, to reveal what they saw and what they know.

Enjoy your ignorance. May your kind be the last drop in our genetic pool as we become more aware daily.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
CNN: Experts Say Aliens Real! We've been working with them for over 50 years now. [from 2007]

Working on them for what? Making the world a better place?

Wheres the free energy/

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phedreus

hogwash. You give our federal government way to much credit. our government couldnt hide water in the ocean.

more on subject, I take the position that IF there have been crashes, and landings, by aliens, that it would be impossible for our government to secure, and sanitize 100 percent of the sites, without
sample.

reason dictates that I compare each premise based upon the knowledge i have of current reality. To wit:

No compelling or verifiable evidence exist that Aliens have visited the earth. The government is not covering up alien crashes or landings, for the simple reason there have been none, and have no recovered ships or other artifacts left by aliens because there are none to recover.
until such time as reasonable proof can be located, my arguement stands on solid foundations.

I see your point and it is a valid one. I still say that it's not an impossibility! And to asume that there is no evidence on hand to verify whether these phenomenons are real or not is absurd, and how would your personally know that to begin with?
You can research many case studies of abductees that have had objects(implants) removed from their person that was of an unknown element to our periodic table and was declared of artificial manufacturing. Also there have been many people that have come forward with artifacts of the same nature from crashes (including Roswell) that were also of unkown origin that were were taking before any government/military official responded to the site.
And to say that too much credit is giving to our government to hide this secret is also absurd. Take 911 for example...they did a damn good job of covering that up to get the majority of american people to go to war. There were however the few that stood up and said wait one minute this isn't making sense, and few from the majority listened due to 911 was such a clataclismic event. And still to this day most americans still believe that "AL QUEDA" and terrorists were the men behind it. UFO's/ET are not a major concern to the mass majority of the population. Most americans are like cows in a herd that are following the masses. We listen only to what the TV's, magazines, news papers, and Gov. officials tell us too. So to hide an event from most people that don't believe in the possibility is very easy.

And for the ones that do believe or do have the evidence...what if your life and your families life was threatened not to say a word about what you saw or experienced??? WOULD YOU? Maybe it doesn't go that deep, maybe it does!!! I just wouldn't be the one to rule out the possibility of anything. Unless you have proof to say it's not true, then don't pass judgement on the ones that believe it is.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Don't you and your kind realize that people of your type sounds so hollow nowadays?

But you do have a right to your own comfort and solace for you to hide in. Ignorance is bliss in this cruel world filled with realities. Many are sick of being lied to and aren't taking it lying down anymore.

If a miserable piece of new generation Ipad can be hiddened from the world, and that is only for its company, how more earth shattering, paradigm shifting, and awesome truths must be kept hidden from humanity?

Fortunately, there are some who have more integrity and loyalty to mankind, instead to the self serving corporations, to reveal what they saw and what they know.

Enjoy your ignorance. May your kind be the last drop in our genetic pool as we become more aware daily.

My kind of people? Would that be people that require some substantive proof that something exist? I would also ask how someone can have more loyalty and integrity simple because they claim something exist, even while unable to provide even reasoned circumstantial evidence, let alone solid proof of that existence. It is not ignorance to reject something that has no basis in fact. While I do take some things on faith, this is not one of them.

As you become more aware, you will understand that for man to grow in knowledge and power, he must base his new knowledge on reasoned and supportable evidence. Simple because you wish something to be so, does not make it so. Your earth shattering, paradigm shifting awesome truths are moot until such times as they are unveiled and made credible by the proof of their existence. I would even go so far as to say they cannot be earth shattering, or paradigm shifting, until such time as they have been proven to exist. Until then, they are simple conjecture and have no basis is reality, kind of like your belief that the earth has been visited by aliens.

To claim that the simple act of belief in something constitutes proof of its existence;
That I find to be ignorant.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Just thought i would shed and example on the subject.

The Ice-Age UFO in Estonia
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Like i said it's an even playing field in my eyes. Nothing to prove it does exist, and nothing to prove it doesn't. To leave the possibility on the fence seems more logical than assuming something you cannot prove.

regards,

angry ferret

[edit on (4/29/10 by Angry Ferret]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Nice one........HERE IT GOES PEOPLE....................

maybe......

Man....i've got a fear of Flags...i'm getting out of here!

[edit on 25-4-2010 by grantbeed]

I see nothing new in that video, "HERE IT GOES PEOPLE" has been going on since the papers reported roswell in the 1940s: NO DEFINITIVE CONCLUSION.

Thanks for the time waste though, i appreciate not coming any closer to disclosure.....

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

....Then may the Earth be flat always till a Columbus, with his funds wringed from those in power to 'prove' to you otherwise.

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angry Ferret

sample.

I see your point and it is a valid one. I still say that it's not an impossibility! And to asume that there is no evidence on hand to verify whether these phenomenons are real or not is absurd, and how would your personally know that to begin with?
You can research many case studies of abductees that have had objects(implants) removed from their person that was of an unknown element to our periodic table and was declared of artificial manufacturing. Also there have been many people that have come forward with artifacts of the same nature from crashes (including Roswell) that were also of unkown origin that were were taking before any government/military official responded to the site.
And to say that too much credit is giving to our government to hide this secret is also absurd. Take 911 for example...they did a damn good job of covering that up to get the majority of american people to go to war. There were however the few that stood up and said wait one minute this isn't making sense, and few from the majority listened due to 911 was such a clataclismic event. And still to this day most americans still believe that "AL QUEDA" and terrorists were the men behind it. UFO's/ET are not a major concern to the mass majority of the population. Most americans are like cows in a herd that are following the masses. We listen only to what the TV's, magazines, news papers, and Gov. officials tell us too. So to hide an event from most people that don't believe in the possibility is very easy.

And for the ones that do believe or do have the evidence...what if your life and your families life was threatened not to say a word about what you saw or experienced??? WOULD YOU? Maybe it doesn't go that deep, maybe it does!!! I just wouldn't be the one to rule out the possibility of anything. Unless you have proof to say it's not true, then don't pass judgement on the ones that believe it is.

Where are these alien objects? have they been researched and studied by scientist? where are the papers and test results that would prove them to be of alien origin?
One would assume that if someone feared for the lives of themselves or their families, they would not be out telling others that they had been threatened.

You’re building a house of cards here.

Let me see if I can summarize your argument, Aliens have landed on earth. Evidence of this does exist, however it cannot be supplied because it has been suppressed. The fact that no evidence has been released is evidence of that suppression. People who have evidence of alien interaction with earth, have been threatened by the government to not come forward with that proof. The proof of these threats is the fact that no one has come forward. Since no one has come forward it proves that the government has threatened them. There are people who claim to have had physical artifacts of alien origin, but the artifacts existence is not verifiable because these objects have been hidden away by the government. Proof of this statement is that no artifacts have come forward.

As for 911, lets not even go there.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

until such time as objective facts verifiable by others proved that the earth was round, the idea that the earth was round was conjecture only ahd had not been proven.
By the way, Columbus did not prove the earth was round, in fact he gave queen Isabella a "globe" with his proposed route traced on it.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Then by all means live well with your 'conjectures' and 'truths' while ignoring the millions who only reported what they saw and experienced. It's your life and not mine to live on your behalf.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
i think they are/have been prepping the public for a long time. gradually. unfortunately they've lied and deceived and covered up so much throughout history, we never know when to trust them, or which information warrants scrutiny. why is groom lake so overly secret?

think of the galaxy as a neighborhood. there are 27 houses in my neighborhood, but i only know my immediate neighbors. every now and then i venture further down the road, but i still couldn't tell you if the houses are being lived in or not, nor by whom.

so.....of course there are other lifeforms, and i'm sure they have been by earth, maybe not stopping necessarily, but they've seen us. they may even be among us. it's hard to keep a secret for very long. eventually it will reveal itself. it's not a matter of if, but when...

i think they realize people are catching on, and they are conditioning us to accept it, as they conditioned us to deny it. this forum is a perfect example of that. some topics have complete chaos, with name-calling and finger pointing, both sides being represented equally, points being made, then disproven. and after 30 pages of reading, you still can't tell which argument is more valid than the other.

can anybody explain why there are pyramids on earth AND mars?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

With regards to your statement I agree to a certain point. Without any "Physical Hardcore Evidence" that is shown to the "PUBLIC" we cannot prove the existence, so your statement is true. But as Seeker has pointed out there are countless (thousands) of eye witness reports of seeing UFOs or have had contact. Just because you can't see it, smell it, or touch it....doesn't mean it's not there. Granted many sightings or contact may be that of military projects, false accounts,or mental disorders. But even yourself can't deny that many individuals have experienced something unexplainable! And with that in account doesn't that justify a good case to be studied and looked into? And if so why is it that everyone except our government and military chose to acknowledge?

I believe the point of this site is to educate yourself with the "Posibilities" of the unexplainable. Physical evidence or not there is something going on that our government is denying and keeping secret. All evidence is pointing towards the same direction and with the countless sightings, websites devoted towards the subject, and all other aerospace programs all over the world (including NASA) searching for ET life, I believe that's evidence enough.

My question to you is...if this is all true and there is a disclosure that admits the the American people and world that these events are true....where then will you stand?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by contrafear
i think they are/have been prepping the public for a long time. gradually. unfortunately they've lied and deceived and covered up so much throughout history, we never know when to trust them, or which information warrants scrutiny. why is groom lake so overly secret?

Agreed 100%..... Couldn't have said it better! I think lot of movies dating back to the 50's were all a test to see how the general public would react. Not to mention the over abundance of information that is put out by movies that reference of possibilities. Example: Contact with Jodie Foster, or The Knowing with Nicholas cage. Both these movies have referenced/included information from websites, articles, and beliefs from many top rated sources.

But like you said it's hard what to believe anymore since there has been so much deception and cover up. Like i've said the main point I think for all believers is to remain optimistic.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It's 2010 for God's sake. Can the media please stop being so condescending about this for once? Why do they always have to throw in things like "We didn't just pick this guy up off the street", or "these aren't your run of the mill UFO crazies."

This area of study has become mainstream enough and has enough reputable minds within it, to at the very least not be poked fun at while doing a cover story. There is clearly still a hidden agenda at work here. The language alone is inflated with bias and manipulative verbage. Why I don't want to be a UFO crazy; they must not be real at all. Those people are insane for claiming to have seen such things. Is that what I'm supposed to think to myself after watching Wolf Blitzer discuss the issue?

It's almost like the MSM brings up the story only to dismiss it in a condescending fashion immediately. That's how I see it anyway. They seem to be going out of their way to dismiss the issue entirely. We don't see sarcasm at this level with any other topic of debate.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by spinalremain]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

With regards to your statement I agree to a certain point. Without any "Physical Hardcore Evidence" that is shown to the "PUBLIC" we cannot prove the existence, so your statement is true. But as Seeker has pointed out there are countless (thousands) of eye witness reports of seeing UFOs or have had contact. Just because you can't see it, smell it, or touch it....doesn't mean it's not there. Granted many sightings or contact may be that of military projects, false accounts,or mental disorders. But even yourself can't deny that many individuals have experienced something unexplainable! And with that in account doesn't that justify a good case to be studied and looked into? And if so why is it that everyone except our government and military chose to acknowledge?

I believe the point of this site is to educate yourself with the "Posibilities" of the unexplainable. Physical evidence or not there is something going on that our government is denying and keeping secret. All evidence is pointing towards the same direction and with the countless sightings, websites devoted towards the subject, and all other aerospace programs all over the world (including NASA) searching for ET life, I believe that's evidence enough.

My question to you is...if this is all true and there is a disclosure that admits the the American people and world that these events are true....where then will you stand?

The point of this site is to seek the truth. Your statement says it all. People have seen things that they cannot explain. The fact that they cannot explain it does not constitute proof that it is of alien origin. Many people have claimed to see ghost, yeti, pixies, underwear gnomes, (okay underwear gnomes really do exist but the others I mention don't.) but that does not change the facts that no verifiable proof is produced to back up these claims.

I simple maintain that it seems questionable that out of the thousands of sightings, abductions, landings, and close encounters that have been reported, not one solid piece of evidence has ever been made public. It seems questionable that aliens with the ability to travel the stars would visit this world with whole rest of the galaxy to explore.

The premise of the existence of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe has verifiable evidence to support it. The simple fact that humans exist is a strong argument for this premise.
The odds that these life forms have the technology to travel the stars, and that using that technology they would travel to our galaxy, then explore our small portion of on of the outer arms of that galaxy, and would then explore our small solar system seems to me remote at best and down right astronomical at worst.

You can believe what you want. But you cannot state as fact that aliens have visited the earth. Until such times as disclosure of evidence does come forth my premise stands on firm foundations. If and when such disclosure does come about, I will with wild abandon proclaim my premise to be false.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The point of this site is to seek the truth. Your statement says it all. People have seen things that they cannot explain. The fact that they cannot explain it does not constitute proof that it is of alien origin. Many people have claimed to see ghost, yeti, pixies, underwear gnomes, (okay underwear gnomes really do exist but the others I mention don't.) but that does not change the facts that no verifiable proof is produced to back up these claims.

I simple maintain that it seems questionable that out of the thousands of sightings, abductions, landings, and close encounters that have been reported, not one solid piece of evidence has ever been made public. It seems questionable that aliens with the ability to travel the stars would visit this world with whole rest of the galaxy to explore.

The premise of the existence of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe has verifiable evidence to support it. The simple fact that humans exist is a strong argument for this premise.
The odds that these life forms have the technology to travel the stars, and that using that technology they would travel to our galaxy, then explore our small portion of on of the outer arms of that galaxy, and would then explore our small solar system seems to me remote at best and down right astronomical at worst.

You can believe what you want. But you cannot state as fact that aliens have visited the earth. Until such times as disclosure of evidence does come forth my premise stands on firm foundations. If and when such disclosure does come about, I will with wild abandon proclaim my premise to be false.

Again very true. But I still stand firm on the subject that although physical proof may not be made public, (quite possibly it has but not viewed important enough to display nation wide) the countless eye witness reports still cause enough justification to be considered evidence. I will continue to support the claim that their is physical evidence that has been brought forward (only based on my own research through articles and the web which based on individual encounter's word and my own beliefes, which has no real justification for that I am very aware) but was not considered for national awareness due to general publics opinion to the matter, or for the cover up.

A finding of such significants...word spreads fast and it will catch the attention of the government waaaay before anything could ever get the chance to be nationally pubicized by the media. If that was a valid excuse that would account for the many local community findings but also explain why the local nationals would fail to establish a wide media coverage...Just food for that as an explination.

You say that aliens having the ability to travel the stars but find it absurd that they would visit little ol' us out of everywhere. Well hell man how do you know they aren't visiting other galaxies and planets? I think that's a very open statement to make don't you? We have no idea how many other civilizations they may have influenced. Maybe that is why there are so many other supposide alien races due to innerplanetary travel and expansion. Many other races on many other planets may be visited as well. Or maybe we are just very closer to their own planet. Who is to say??? But to say that you find it unlikely is strange as well, we started sending radio frequencies into space since the 50's looking for a respons. And we have been searching the Cosmos for the same. Why would it seem so unlikely that they were unable to have received our transmission and decided to investigate just like we have?? Although history shows they have been visiting earth for 100's of years. But who knows.
Underwear gnomes RULE!!!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

until such time as objective facts verifiable by others proved that the earth was round, the idea that the earth was round was conjecture only ahd had not been proven.
By the way, Columbus did not prove the earth was round, in fact he gave queen Isabella a "globe" with his proposed route traced on it.

I'm probably the most conservative in these things and I find myself to be a person, who questions these findings most, or at least I hope to be. While I agree that most of Unidentified flying object cases can be solved using natural, earthly and completely understandable explanations, some of the cases have not been solved. I have decided to disregard only cases where there were sightings as these cases are unverifiable. Video and Photographs are useless form of evidence these days, as digital manipulation tehniques have evolved.
I find most intresting the first case on this list. ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ). (In my hypothetical theory, IF real... could be some sort of engine plasma residue, which has cooled down.) However I am skeptical of these findings, and I'd like to remind you that according to my information most evidence is inconclusive. There are multiple possible explanations to these cases even with solid evidence. There is possibility that these are some sort of military anti-gravity crafts. Anti-gravity is humanly possible and even Michio Kaku has come to similiar conclusions in one of his books. And even if Anti-gravity would be yet impossible for humans to develop there could be various other ways to propel aircraft so that it would be appearing to defy gravity. Worst part is that most of people seem to jump to immidiate conclusions without evidence, while forgetting facts.
Anyway IF some evidence would be real, I don't find for government to be hard to discredid them. I mean IF such people as Edgar Mitchell or Canadian Prime Minister with lot credibility may have been discredited how hard would it be to discredid some physical evidence?

Anyway, Public should never know about these things and i think IF governments are indeed covering up they're doing fantastic and great job. I could not imagine how would majority of this world react if these facts were published. I agree however that some people should know the truth if such would be the case. I mean how could you explain this to people living in Amazon jungle or under 1 dollar/per day? If there would be cover-up it would be published, when world would be more egalitarian place to live. We need first to unify economical conditions around the globe, decrease our population in some areas and install democratic international government to manage world recources more efficiently.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtraeme
This is emphatically not Steven M. Greer's 2001 NPC event.

The CNN broadcast was discussing the National Press Club presentation put together by the Coalition for Freedom of Information (CFI), a research group directed by Leslie Kean, back in 2007 with the help of James Fox. For those of you who haven't seen the conference, it was a good one:

Google Video Link

And because I know the subject isn't exactly organized in a manner to easily gain a foothold, this is a good starting point to get a basic understanding of the entire UFO topography.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Xtraeme]

Video can't be seen any more - the link is not working. But in fact I have seen that few people has mentioned that it was aired in 2007. If that was the case then Xtraeme is completly right - it can be only November 12 2007 event in National Press Club that was at the time announced on Larry King Live on November 9 and also after the event on Anderson Cooper.

My report at the time:
ufoupdateslist.com...
November 2007 Index:
ufoupdateslist.com...

I have also created for research purposes DVD with almost all multimedia clippings from many TV stations that were covered the event at the time - most of the CNN video supplements were archived and preserved about the event.

Best Wishes

[edit on 4-5-2010 by uforadio]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join