It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: Experts Say Aliens Real! We've been working with them for over 50 years now. [from 2007]

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

How exactly would religion and faith be shattered? This is one of the excuses that I never understood. In my mind it would further strengthen peoples beliefs in religion. Especially if their god was the same as ours. Unless they had one of those bumper stickers that said "my god can kick your gods ass"!!! Or just maybe we would find out that they are god and creators of all, wouldn't that piss the vatican and muslim people off, all their killing and fighting over all these years and they were both wrong lol.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

How exactly would religion and faith be shattered? This is one of the excuses that I never understood.

There's a very simple answer to this.

One of the cornerstones of some faiths is that we are created in God's/Allah's, etc. image.

So, if a being came forth, that was way more advanced than us "primitive" humans, then it would basically reveal this belief to be a lie (i.e. would God have made some "other" being "better" but inferior "us" in his image?)...

In addition, regardless of the faith, there is always some kind of "covenant" or agreement with God... How would the faithful know what covenant the aliens are bound to? Does that covenant make ours null and void?

There are many, many ways their very existence could have serious effects on the faithful... Of course, there are also many ways to reconcile their existence, for the more creative clergy members, and no doubt, they would find ways to do so (and probably, hopefully, prior to a public revelation)... After all, nobody wants mass suicides, etc.

My larger worry would be the economic ramifications of a major panic, people withdrawing from banks, stock markets plummeting, people not going into work (especially in jobs related to infrastructure, emergencies, law enforcement, etc.). Basically, such an event could grind the entire system to a halt.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
The pressure must continue to mount for the elected representatives to come clean. Many hundred of thousands know what they saw and what they saw are not of Earth origins, including witnesses such as pilots and soldiers and policemen whom are well trained in observation techniques.

Too may people had their lives needlessly ruined and ridiculed for what they saw. The People's representative owes them an answer and a closure.

Regardless if the extra-terresterials are benign or benevolent, the People have a right to know, to discuss, to debate and put forth policies for debate within congress and parliament.

UFOs and their intentions are too big an issue and responsibility to be held in secret by a few mortals. The moral hazards are dangerous and plentiful in such hands that are determine to keep it under covers. The future of mankind for generations is a stake.

It is time to push on all fronts to demand answers

I don't get this!

Unless an alien was waving out the window when a sighting occured, then there is no way to conclusively rule out that it was built by human ingenuity.

Government black projects have the finances required to research & produce these next generation aircraft, as well as being able to recruit the brightest & best in their respective fields to do the R&D in the first place.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
as far as i can see... the video had to been made in fall of '09... how i can tell is on the bottom i can see it was talking bout Brett Fayre and the Vikings playing that sunday.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
There's a very simple answer to this.

One of the cornerstones of some faiths is that we are created in God's/Allah's, etc. image.

So, if a being came forth, that was way more advanced than us "primitive" humans, then it would basically reveal this belief to be a lie (i.e. would God have made some "other" being "better" but inferior "us" in his image?)...

Who believes that? Your "simple answer" sounds ridiculous. Seriously, who actually believes that?

I don't want any speculation; point me to someone that actually believes that physical/mental superiority invalidates the belief in a supreme creator.

In addition, regardless of the faith, there is always some kind of "covenant" or agreement with God... How would the faithful know what covenant the aliens are bound to? Does that covenant make ours null and void?

We already have hundreds of different religious covenants on Earth, but that hasn't really changed anything, now has it?

My larger worry would be the economic ramifications of a major panic, people withdrawing from banks, stock markets plummeting, people not going into work (especially in jobs related to infrastructure, emergencies, law enforcement, etc.). Basically, such an event could grind the entire system to a halt.

Don't worry; a majority of the world really won't care. After all, American Idol comes on at 7 pm... they can't miss that.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The video has nothing to do with the title of this thread.

OP, you posted the same thing on GLP. Thank you for the disinformation service.

With people like you, there is no way disclosure will happen.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublue

How are you so certain this is what they are refrencing to? I mean "collecting the vines from Earth" could be interpreted for so many different things, surely you back your statement up with more evidence to support your theory...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
question on Disclosure in a round about way.....see these

and (this year btw)

So thats Moscow and China who's next or is it fake?
If it isn't who's next and why go east first?

[edit on 26-4-2010 by DreamerOracle]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I think the title of this story from the source, not the OP, is misleading.

What I saw in that video clip was a few people stating that they have seen UFOs or, in the one case, saw a crashed craft of some sort...

Nowhere did I see anyone suggest that "We've been working with them for over 50 years now"

Though, I will admit that it's cool that CNN covered this. Given that it was 3-years ago, I'm surprised I have never seen this clip before.

OP for bringing it to our attention.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Well its a known fact that the government used ufo sightings and aliens to cover up their secret defense programs....but as far as people seeing objects moving at incredible rates and making impossible maneuvers is just not explainable so there has to be something that explains all of this...its time for the government to come out and tell us what is going on even if it is something they don't believe we as a population can handle....its not up to a select few to keep us in the dark fearing a pandemonium...we all as a human race need to make decisions together...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
reply to post by CanadianDream420

CNN: Experts Say Aliens Real!

The most interesting thing to me personally is the clip from 1:25 to 1:54

"And then there is a retired air force security officer who while stationed in England was summoned to a downed aircraft in a forest." And then they cut to the officer describing the experience.

Note that the introduction did not include the words "alleged" "claims "says" or any other form of dismissive. The announcer stated that it happened.

I find that very interesting.

Hes talking about the Bentwaters/Rendleshem (sp?) forest incident. One of my personal favs.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bittersylence

This was over 2 and a half years ago. Nothing became of it. Next!

Unfortunately, I have to agree. For that matter, the Disclosure Project's press conference happened nine years ago, and nothing came of it, either. CNN is so deeply entrenched in the powers that run this country they can hardly be expected to produce anything that is going to be used for any purpose other than one that will serve those powers. Anything other than that is just wishful thinking.

Our government is in a quandary. It will eventually have to face disclosure. How they will do that and explain the decades of lies will be difficult. And how do they plan on explaining the reason for withholding the technology they've had all this time? I think we won't see disclosure until they've disseminated enough of this technology out into the public in small doses that they think we have been convinced it's stuff they've acquired through research over time. Otherwise we will be up in arms over their refusal to release these advancements to alleviate some of our current world problems.

It's a damn travesty...these people have been allowed to operate all these years without any oversight. We have no idea what the hell they've done or what kind of technology they are capable of using. This is the bottom line. We clearly see that through the years, a culture of greed and deceit has risen to power within our government and the corporate arena, and surely this is the same breed of creature that has control of undisclosed scientific advancements and information about things otherworldly we have yet to learn about. A more undesirable circumstance there could not possibly be.

One thing is for sure, the efforts to paint the ufo believers as a group of nuts has been highly successful. If that were not the case, the CNN report in this thread would have been headline news and the public's opinion at the present time would be very different. Now, even when any attempt at divulging information about the topic is done through the media, people don't even bother taking it seriously. They just dismiss it and go about their business.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Brydaws

reply to post by Aggie Man

I'm replying to you two, because you both seem to be the only ones who caught the misleading information about the title.

If the Air Force releases a new aircraft that looks like nothing else we have built, and local citizens witness it in action, without being informed ahead of time - look out! aliens are among us!

Its just Unidentified. That's it people.

The second you see a news source jump to the opportunity to claim aliens are connected with what we can't identify is the second you should notice confirmation bias from the authors - AKA, its not credible because there is a leaning agenda to coincide with the authors own beliefs.
Thanks.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by juveous]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Nothing to see here move along! Nice title to catch our attention, but no disclosure, not proof. Some people confirming what others and they have seen, lights in the sky that they cannot explain whoopty do!

If aliens are anything like us, when they do come here, we will be harvested and our planet raped.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Uhhh....why are those people reading off of something when the explain what they saw....i mean, im sure i would not forget something like that, and not forget it to the point where i have to write it down.....

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by humilisunus

I agree, I also dont think aliens need our governments permission to visit LOL!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I believe in UFO's as much as the next person but a UFO doesn't mean aliens. It's what it says it is UNIDENTIFIED Flying Object. We see a lot of things we can't identify when we look up but that doesn't make it intelligent life from another planet.

Aliens, please,
no one has proved they exist or provided remote evidence. It's just "omg I see something in the sky and I don't know what it is!! IT MUST BE AN ALIEN!!" Blurry colored balls and flashy lights doesn't mean aliens either it just means its UNIDENTIFIED.

Not trying to be shallow and close minded because I have a vivid imagination like the rest of you but IF there is aliens and that's a strong IF then I'd have to physically see one to believe it.

Also, as one poster above stated, how do we know the government isn't conning us into another war? The government knows they have been caught with 9/11 and that Al Qaeda is just a figment of our imaginations, or like a toilet as it's loosely defined. What's keeping them from declaring 'war' on aliens in space now? The Air Force did send up a super secret aircraft into space. I bet it's another deception to get us to go to war again because war makes them MONEY.

2 Thessalonians 2:11-12: And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie. That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Also, fix the damn edit options.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by novastrike81]

[edit on 26-4-2010 by novastrike81]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81
I believe in UFO's as much as the next person but a UFO doesn't mean aliens. It's what it says it is UNIDENTIFIED Flying Object. We see a lot of things we can't identify when we look up but that doesn't make it intelligent life from another planet.

Aliens, please,
no one has proved they exist or provided remote evidence. It's just "omg I see something in the sky and I don't know what it is!! IT MUST BE AN ALIEN!!" Blurry colored balls and flashy lights doesn't mean aliens either it just means its UNIDENTIFIED.

Not trying to be shallow and close minded because I have a vivid imagination like the rest of you but IF there is aliens and that's a strong IF then I'd have to physically see one to believe it.

You are correct in your personal assumption that UFOs are what they are - unidentified. And you are not concerned?

Should a russian Badger plane appears over your head, I am sure you would be alarmed. Why is that russian plane appearing over my skies? You know it is a Badger, learnt from books and media. You check with your authorities, if they are aware of it. They too would be concerned, if they had not already tracked it on radar and had sent american jets to take it down.

But the UFOs are nothing of this world. There are no media or books or national military institutions that alludes them of being of this world. No country had admitted those crafts as belonging to them, not even military allies who share information and no reason to hide such info and capabilities. Zilch! Nadar! Nothing...no one knows...

Even govts around the world who had investigated such crafts, they came up with nothing and had finally admitted they know nothing about them.

Therefore it can only be of 'extra-terresterial' origins - NOT OF THIS EARTH. Regardless if it was a piloted craft with 20ft monsters inside or a 3 inch midget pilot, or perhaps even a robotic drone - it is NOT from this Earth.

Something is up there, and it ain't one of ours or us.

But there had been reports of downed UFO. The military and govt have the capabilities to find out about them, yet they refuse to disclose what they know.

It does not take 100 PERCENT proof on thousands of incidents to show that UFO exists. All it needs is just one incident. If no one can dispute that craft or come up with acknowledgement that they made that craft, it is thus unidentified.

Someone saw a UFO and told you the truth. But you did not see a UFO before. That is the truth, your personal truth. But that is not reality. Reality is based upon the concious perceptions of the majority. One person can lie, but hundreds thousands of credible witnesses lie about the same thing? Doubt so.

You do have a right to your own ignorance. May you find comfort in it till one day you see a UFO upfront and personal yourself.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Originally posted by novastrike81

Aliens, please,

You are correct in your personal assumption that UFOs are what they are - unidentified. And you are not concerned?

Should a russian Badger plane appears over your head, I am sure you would be alarmed. Why is that russian plane appearing over my skies? You know it is a Badger, learnt from books and media. You check with your authorities, if they are aware of it. They too would be concerned, if they had not already tracked it on radar and had sent american jets to take it down.

But the UFOs are nothing of this world. There are no media or books or national military institutions that alludes them of being of this world. No country had admitted those crafts as belonging to them, not even military allies who share information and no reason to hide such info and capabilities. Zilch! Nadar! Nothing...no one knows...

Even govts around the world who had investigated such crafts, they came up with nothing and had finally admitted they know nothing about them.

Therefore it can only be of 'extra-terresterial' origins - NOT OF THIS EARTH. Regardless if it was a piloted craft with 20ft monsters inside or a 3 inch midget pilot, or perhaps even a robotic drone - it is NOT from this Earth.

Something is up there, and it ain't one of ours or us.

But there had been reports of downed UFO. The military and govt have the capabilities to find out about them, yet they refuse to disclose what they know.

It does not take 100 PERCENT proof on thousands of incidents to show that UFO exists. All it needs is just one incident. If no one can dispute that craft or come up with acknowledgement that they made that craft, it is thus unidentified.

Someone saw a UFO and told you the truth. But you did not see a UFO before. That is the truth, your personal truth. But that is not reality. Reality is based upon the concious perceptions of the majority. One person can lie, but hundreds thousands of credible witnesses lie about the same thing? Doubt so.

You do have a right to your own ignorance. May you find comfort in it till one day you see a UFO upfront and personal yourself.

Cheers.

I believe they all saw something they couldn't identify, that's not ignorance, so unless they saw an alien thing walk out of it then it's quite pointless to believe it's from another planet.

You don't know if the government is telling you the truth or not and that's your ignorance. Go ahead and believe everything the media and government tells you. May you find comfort in it until one day you open your eyes and realize the reality we all live in is all about lies and deception. If you disagree then may I point you in the direction of Congress and 9/11.

Have a nice day.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by novastrike81

You are running away too fast. What is true to you? What your 5 senses dictated? Who to trust if everything is lie? Science can be a lie too. Have you seen electrons and protons? What is wind? Why bother going to work? Are you sure when you log on to the internet, it is the govt talking to you and not the wide world or vice versa?

So what is this perception that you call 'true' means to you? Only realities that agrees with you and those that don't are all lies?

Whatever the answer you give, it's only your own paranoid life to live, not anyone else's. May you live it fruitfully

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join