It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream Interperation.. anyone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Ok a wierd reoccuring dream that hits randomly through the last 15 of 26 years of my life. I am in complete darkness and a large ball of darkness, but yet somehow seen is growing and overwhelming me. Remember the langoliers? similar to that but I seem the size of an ant compared to them, while it grows larger and closes in on me.

I've also expierienced sleep parylasis I believe, I wake up and cannot move, only my eyes are open to look around, feeling as if I'm being watched and a fading in and out of consciousness... I'm sure its nothing more than mind tricks but it makes a wierd feeling to expierience these things more than once.. makes you wonder.

Any of you guys know about dream interperation that might know what they can stand for or mean?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
You are the only one qualified to interpret your dreams. We dont know all the secret details about your life, what makes you tick or all your memories. Having no idea who you are it is very difficult, even people who are close to you are still not qualified to explain your dreams to you. You see your dreams are a method your higher self uses to communicate to you, so the communication (which are always symbolic) are coded to how you would interpret them. An example would be if you were native american and thought seeing the animal fox lets say means something good is about to happen then you would get the fox for that message. But for the same message being given to someone completely different in another part of the world the symbol for the same message is competly different.

So your the only person who knows the "key" code for the symbolism given to you in your dreams. Other people can only be of help when they share very similar symbols for the same message.

So im sorry I couldnt be of any help. But I could suggest to keep your dream journal and spiritual journal in the same book as they can be really closely related. If you dont write a journal I suggest you do, often writing things down will make it clearer and allow you to see the answer to your question.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Thats odd. Ive used that exact same visual to try and leave my body. Havent managed yet, but I definetly feel the sensation. Only thing different, Is that its a white glowing ball, and instead of overwelming its me overwelming everything else. It works quite well with me.

I also use it for impreganating things, like food or water (personal thing) but darkness is not usually interpretted as a good thing, I say another side of you? or possibly something trying to get through to you. I get these kind of dreams where im being overwelmed... only when I do something wrong however...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
sleep paralysis isnt really a dream, therefore it cant really be interpreted. there normally isnt any symbolism or anything to see. it is more like your body and conciousness are trapped between dimensions. it is very weird but it can really open your mind. i have seen things in the state, but there is nothing to interpret. you KNOW what you are dealing with if you see any beings while in that state.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
It's very common for some aspect of one's mind/consciousness to be disengaged for a bit - sort of like an accidental Out of Body Experience [OBE]. Not too much to worry about, usually it happens a few times then it stops.

If you happen to get OBE and can't get back in, like sleep paralysis, a reasonably easy way to get "back in" is to focus all your might on moving one of your fingers. This somehow brings the consciousness back "into" the body and you will likely pop awake. If you hear a wooshing or pop during this re-entry don't worry, it's normal.

If you've ever wanted to try astral travel this is a good time to explore that.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I used to have the same "ball of darkness dream" when I was a kid...although "darkness" might be just an attempt at describing this growing "unidentified" thing. Also for me, as it grew and overwhelmed it seemed as if all of its intensity was focused as if on the tip of a needle. I would describe it as an very anxious dream.

Dreams are often the subconscious mind's way of sorting things out...of taking the random data that presents itself to the conscious mind and finding a place for it. As a child I was often overwhelmed b/c my home was not always a nurturing place and I had a difficult time processing the new things that children are exposed to. I think that this dream may have been the manifestation of an overwhelmed childs brain trying to sort it all out but only seeing this overwhelming "ball of darkness."

So for you, I don't know, are you stressed and in a circumstance that maybe you find incomprehensible? Or maybe the reocurring nature of the dream is b/c some trigger is taking you back to a time when such was the case.

Thanks for sharing.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Gibbon]

join