It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia, China and Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'm bored so please be easy on me.

But let's say that China, Russia and Iran got pissed off at the world more than they already are and decided to stop the "U.S. none sense" and sent an invading force to invade mainland United States.

Let's assume that despite heavy losses suffered by them, that they indeed succeeded at landing and setting up while the U.S. regrouped then Canada, United Kingdom and Mexico (To protect it's currently 12+ million citizens residing in the U.S.) joined the U.S. side.

Who do you think would prevail?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The U.S. would prevail. Simply because the army invaders (while heavily numbered) would be witness to Red Dawn Wolverines where ever they go. It is the exact same situation that we have currently in the Mid East. We are fighting but you can't win because you are fighting a belief. Our belief is freedom. Add in some Canadian, Mexican, and UK reinforcements and they wouldn't last long over here. They would have to invade those countries as well. And while the majority of those countries don't have guns the "countryside" residents do. Or so I have been told. Either way, distraught soccer and hockey fans are very dangerous.

I believe that with all that is going on right now we are in the midst of Cold War 2. Everyone is on edge and waiting for someone to make the first move.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Okay.. I'll bite.

1st off if there were multiple, major, attacks on U.S soil by China or Russia, then all of NATO would instantly target key enemy positions, led by U.S operations, on their soil immediately...

They wouldn't have a chance to make it to North American shores. Certainly never long enough to establish a make-shift base or take over a whole airport on the coast... Not a friggin' chance. Thank the 2nd amendment for that one. haha =)

2nd of all.. U.S spends an unfathomable amount of money on their military defense at home and abroad. I bet U.S alone could wipe out Russia and China's military infrastructure ... With MIRV's, cyber attacks shutting down their networks/defense-monitoring, and ACC's... without having major troop deployments.

I know I'll get crap for that, and maybe this... but, I honest to god, do feel safer in Canada thanks to the U.S

[edit on 25-4-2010 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I think if this happened they would attack from Mexico because our border security is crap.as for a push thats up in the air due to legal and illegal gun ownership most americans no matter the difference,will band together if there lives are threatned.

What would suck is the drug cartels allready in place here,who have most likley been offered a slice of america not to mention the number of chinese.there is a chinatown in most major cities

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
You guys are right I agree.

NATO is the unchecked superpower alliance.

But not only that, consider the UN Security Council. Russia and China are on board.

And there has been quiet talk of Russia possibly joining NATO one day in a few decades anyways.

And China has too many trade agreements with NATO nations in the first place to risk a war that could compromise that.

I have a very strong feeling Iran will become isolated. And eventually capitulate. Not tomorrow. Not next week. But in years time, it seems somewhat likely.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Yeah I agree.

1. Russian, China, and Iran could never get enough forces to the continental US to do anything but die.

2. We Americans are gun nuts. We all have guns and for the few who don't there friends have plenty they could borrow. So even in fantasyland they wiped out our military infrastructure, they would still have to face 300 million people armed to the teeth. Look we shoot our own people over stupid stuff here, just imagine what we would do to an invading army.

3. We are already high strung and most of our pissed off 90% of the time. So if they did something that made us think we were going to be late to Walmart we would gun them down without ever giving it another thought.

4. Our Military would rain pain upon their countries day and night until there would be nothing left for their own people.

5. You don't tug on Supermans cape, you don't spit into the wind, you don't pulll the mask off the old long ranger and you dont mess with Uncle Sam.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Lets say for argument sake, this actually did happen, though I don't think the key players would be those there, but close. I believe the US would prevail.
Here is how I came to that conclusion.
1) They would have to move large amounts of personell and equipment into position undetected, that is not something easily done in this day and age, and they would have to stage where they could deploy rapidly. A large movement of troops into areas within striking distance would be detected and watched, the more build up that happens, then those who are watching would end up starting to make small changes in where the US forces are deployed.
2) The initial strike would have to be with convential weapons and on multiple fronts to have any effects. The use of Unconventail weapons would draw unwanted attention from other nations, so they would have to be prepared to deal with those as well, so they would end up having to deal with them as well.
3) The first few battles could go either way but I would think a multinational force would probably go to the invaders, as many people would be caught off guard and still in shock.
4) The war would end up going to the US as the public would raise up to where everyone who was able bodied would be out for revenge and blood, fighting to the death.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Ok first you can take Iran out of the picture. If they left their country defenseless Isreal would attack and then there would be no more Iran. So that leave Russia and China. Russian doesn't have the money to go to war with the US right now, plus the whole Iran and Isreal thing. So it really only leaves China. If they were dumb enough to do it they would have to do it on the west coast that means they have to pass Hawaii. So to answer your question the US will before anyone made land fall on to the mainland.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
they will fail instantly. what do they have that we can't destroy? china's hardware are untested and like everything else made in china, they will probably fall out of the sky by themselves. russia won't last long because they simply can't afford it. iran, how are they going to get here? swim?

matter fact i think they will fail on the way here.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Come to think of it, this is almost comical. Lets look at recent history.

1. Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. We focused our whole country on whooping the living hell out of them. In the process we helped fight like half the world.

2. AlQueda blew up the world trade center and the pentagon, killing 4000 people. We invaded 2 countries and run around the world kidnapping would be terrorists every chance we get.

So we definately don't take well to people attacking us here at home. We would bring a bomb to a thumb wrestling match.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
China may have a billion people, but Americans have quite a bit more than a billion bullets. Even with Russia and Iran, they wouldn't stand a chance. Heck, throw in India just to make it interesting if you want. There is no way that any of those countries could currently wage a war to occupy this entire continent from across an Ocean. They don't have the logistics or the force projection capabilities.

And I'm not just chest thumping when I say that. I don't think America and NATO could successfully invade Russia or China, either. We're talking about three incredibly gigantic countries by landmass, each with its own distinct and nearly insurmountable advantage: China, its population of over 1 billion people; the U.S., its arsenal of privately armed weapons (which could arm the top 14 militaries combined, including the U.S.'s own
and Russia, its harsh and unforgiving winters which have spared it from successful invasion countless times in the past (and have you seen Enemy at the Gates?.)

The only way the U.S., Russia, or China will ever be open to a successful invasion is if nukes fly, and chances are pretty high that would only lead to the end of the world anyway.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
If any of these countries ever attempted any such act it would surly start with a massive first strike targeting U.S ICBM silos and key Navel bases followed by attacks on U.S military based located in Europe .

One could also imagine N.K using such an event to launch an attack on the south , followed by China invading Taiwan .

As for Iran I don't see them as a factor . They know Israel has nukes and they also know that Israel has no problem dropping a few on Iran just for kicks .

In fact I would expect Israel would take the opportunity to bomb Iran while the rest of the world had its hands full .

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Max_TO]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Sadly enough the US would lose without one of them even having to face actual combat. They would have nothing to do other than attack North Americas infrastructure. By simplytaking out the power grid alone it would take months to years to restore it. Gun toting americans would finish themselves off fighting over the necesaties once their dependant life source is turnt off.

There is a down side to having more guns than people, eventually they will be used on yourselves. Most likely for a bottle of water or a loaf of bread. That's the way I see it. It is easier for someone to take what they want by force than earn it themselves.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
With regard to the question the simple fact is both or neither Russia or China could successfully pull of an 'invasion' of the US. The only way to transport that number of troops is by sea. The US is hardly going to allow a few hundred ships to pull up outside their coast.

In this day and age no single country can be caught by surprise via a large scale military invasion.

The fact is the combined military might of NATO cannot be matched. China is so overrated here on ATS. They have lots of troops but have no blue water navy and the majority of their hardware is dated. If anything Russia are far more powerful than China.

This is why whatever happens in Iran will not lead to Russia/China attacking anybody. Sure they are powerful countries but its quantity over quality in their case while NATO has quantity and quality.

[edit on 4/26/2010 by jonny2410]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by airteck
By simplytaking out the power grid alone it would take months to years to restore it.

That is our one weakness and they know it. We need to find alternative sources of power for that very reason.

Also China and Russia may be able to pull off something with the assistance of Cuba and Venezuela. We cannot have anti NATO nations on our continent, and if we don't do something about them we may have an issue on our hands.

The only a way a foreign invasion would be successful would be well placed nukes, and a blockade or distraction of other NATO nations.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Looking_Glass]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by airteck

Except for the fact some of those gun owners are survivalists and/or hunters. Mostly the city people would waste themselves. Not everybody is 100% dependent on civilized living. But Darwinism being what it is the US would have a serious population drop

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
As Dr Paul Craig Roberts said in interviews with Alex Jones (2008 after Georgian war) - there won't be a classical war, there won't be a time for it, there are missiles they are gonna launch. One SS-18 is enough to "depopulate" the East Coast, according to the father of Reaganomy. Obviously the millions survivors will be evacuated, and Obama unless he is a suicide fighter, will sign some kind of armistice. Or if they are "terrorist bombs" then he might even call the UN peacekeepers - including also Russian and Chinese who will "guarantee" no more "terrorist atomic weapons" will be exploded in civilian areas.

A new supernatural message dukepuntalangit.wordpress.com... says N bombs are buried in a big US city and will explode on May 13. That date may fail, nevertheless there are buried bombs that will explode, up to 130. Read Col. Lunev and General Lebed.

As of the freedom spirit of the Americans, would you let me ask you where are those American freedom fighters NOW, where were they during Bush armageddonnic wars? Why don't they change the American policy NOW, why don't they raid the Wallstreet NOW, before the rest of the world takes the things in their hands? Don't the American generals and middle ruling elite understand where the failed policy of administration after administration regardless of the color leads the USA and the world? Who needs a "new administration" that came in the name of a change, that implements the old goals only softer than Bush? It might be harder, if they use atomic bombs in Iran and/or NK - first after Hiroshima. Let not forget that fact - USA is the only country on this planet that dared to use a nuclear weapon against non-nuclear state at the time. Who guarantees it won't be repeated? Obama already said - Iran and NK are excluded from his no-first-strike policy. We practically go back to the Bush "axis of evil".

Obama failed to fulfill promises for 1.5 years and continues buying time until he strikes first. No one will await 2012 of course, and no one will allow the US nuclear bombs stored in Europe to attack Russia first preemptively deliverable by B-2 or perhaps space vehicles? In the name of democracy or perhaps even christianity? The chirstianity is not a trademark of the masonic west, if you call that christianity at all.

Russia might also strike with their wormholes deliverable by ICBM, demonstrated NOT ONLY in Norway over Obama's head. (search youtube, there are such fireworks over Siberia, Thailand and China).

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Gliese581]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Why would anyone want to invade America ?
The country is broke, there s nothing left to plunder.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
The ONLY time I see the US being invaded by boots on the ground is when aliens arrive to invade Earth..

When your the pre-eminent power in the world people don't go round invading you.. even when your power seems to be on the decline..

Look at your Navy, it still follows the similar "Two Power Rule" the Royal Navy used.. i.e it is larger than the combined force of the next two largest navies.

It is simply not going to happen... Economic warfare is much more suptle and costs fewer lives..

Even if real conflict breaks out it will be to erode your sphere of influence and push you back within your own borders.. Once that happens your no longer a real threat and don't need invading..

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

I think they will eventually try. Perhaps during some kind of internal turmoil or strife here on our soil. What they will do is first let loose some atmospheric nukes. Followed by an attack on all of our satellites. That shuts down everything electronic in the US and completely blinds our early detection, spy satellites and gps.

That is then followed by tactical use of neutron bombs on all of our major cities. Both Russia and China have invested heavily in bomb shelters so they can be prepared for retaliation by the only thing left, our sub fleet (shrinking every day).

China can easily pre-plant thousands of troops in Mexico or even long beach CA via all their container ships and their ownership of several deep water ports in the western hemisphere. They already own the Panama canal so that we could not resupply the pacific fleet.

They would also nuke a lot of those foreign bases and our naval groups if possible. China also has a lot of cheap diesel subs that would wreak havoc.

I think the urban centers of the west coast would be lost fairly quickly. Because of all the guns in the US it would be a dirty ugly war. Scorched earth would be the basic tactics.

In the end they would still lose. Resupplying their troops and holding hostile ground like the US would be impossible. It would be bloodbath. They would probably attempt to take military bases like area 51 ASAP, since only the good Lord knows what might be stored in there. Eventually some of that technology would bite them in the arse big time.

That's how I see it. I think those commie leaders are arrogant, egotistical and greedy enough to eventually give it a try. Especially as our secret dictators are just as bad as theirs, but are not as overt.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join