It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mich Gov. Granholm Says She’s on Obama’s Short List-for Supreme Court!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm (D) says she’s once again on President Obama’s short list for appointment to the Supreme Court.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d9f11604ce03.jpeg[/atsimg]

In an interview with CNN, the term-limited governor says she has talked with people in the Obama administration about the upcoming nomination to replace retiring Justice John Paul Stevens. “It's a great honor to be on -- considered on the list,” said Granholm who went through this process last year with the opening that went to Sonia Sotomayor. She did not say if she’s spoken with the President who Fox News reported this past week held informal discussions with some of the people he’s considering.

Granholm, like Obama, holds a law degree from Harvard and appeals to some people who want the President to pick someone who is not currently serving as a federal appellate court judge. All nine members of the current Court were federal appellate judges before their elevation to the high court.
Source: liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com...

Well now. Seems okay on the outside. But when I think Michigan I think Detroit and we all know what hell-hole that place has become. I haven't heard anytyhing good or bad about her. Anyone? Any of the MIchigan ATS members care to tell us about her? This is going to be one heck of an interesting process.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Shes hot, but she has her Law degree from Harvard didn't Obama go to Harvard? Also is a bunch of economist with Harvard degrees is part of the reason we are in this mess as it is?

Why do all the nominations to the upper echelons of government seem to come for a really small pool of ivy league schools?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Anything to get her out of Michigan ASAP. She managed to be a terrible governor. Please take her to Washington. I don't think she is the most qualified person by far for the SCOTUS though.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Light of Night

Shes hot

She has warts all over her face...she's not hot.
I get the luxury of seeing her often on my nightly news as I live in Michigan.

But yes, Michigan has been going in the toilet (and was before she took office) while she's been governor. Supreme court justice however is an entirely different ballgame.

I don't think she would be bad for the position although I don't know everything about her. She was big on Obama in helping him during the campaign...this may be why she is on the short list to get the job.

The unemployment problem in Michigan has been fueled by the auto industry and detroit. I honestly don't think she could have done anything to stop what was happening. She did raise state taxes but Michigan is still in big trouble. The education system is in big trouble as well.

We'll see.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Well the picture posted makes her look good at least.

Ehh, I just look at as another guard from the ivory tower that is out of touch with reality. It would be interesting to find out how many people in appointed position come from the ivy league.

top topics

join