It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Dwarf....what did you think of the new episodes last year?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I was a fan of Red Dwarf from when it started, and i was really looking forward to watching the new episode(s) they filmed.....was anyone else as dissappointed as me?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by uptheirons!

I actually haven't heard that they brought new ones out yet wow I must be behind in times

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Was a 3 parter shown on Dave last April...

Red Dwarf: Back to Earth

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Ooh, just while doing research for this it looks like they may be filming a whole new series this year!

Excited again...and at my age!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
i was very disappointing. i am a huge fan of red dwarf! the whole uncanned laughter of it was horrible!

check this out for an experiment

www.youtube.com...

it just sounds better and feels better. even though all red dwarfs have been filmed infront of a live audience.

if this new series (if there will be one) isnt filmed infront of a live audience it will be horrible.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by the illuminator

That does sound much better.

I think the reason a laughter track wasn't used was because it would be more obvious how unfunny the show was, compared with others. The gap between laughs was so long that a laughter track would emphasize this point even more so.

Instead it was left up to the audience to decide what was funny and what was not so funny which just goes to show how little confidence Doug Naylor and/or the big wigs at the BBC had in the script.

If there is to be another series there has to be a more 'back to basics' approach with Naylor letting go of his obsession with making a Red Dwarf film.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Lol you opened a topic about it.

After season 6 or 7 Red Dwarf became less interesting, it's with a lot of good shows that they know when they have to stop, it should have been written with an ending, like for example Chef!, Black Adder or Fawlty towers.

John ("Jim") Cleese knew he had to have a show with a beginning and ending, though others might think else.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Grey Magic]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Yes big dissapointment.
Tired use of "Oh it's a different reality" they done it before.
I hate coronation street.

new topics

top topics

join