It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extinct animals that may actually still be alive

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
what about the Imperial Woodpecker? Well I don't think it's classified as extinct but I have a strong feeling that there are still some around.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

In response to one of my previous post about the Baiji Dolpin, there appears to have been a recent sighting of 20 or so Baiji Dolphins.

On October, 3, 2011 the sighting of almost 20 baiji was reported in Chinese media. The sighting was done from a bridge in Nanjing city. It should be noted however, that the sighting has not been confirmed by independent media sources.

en.wikipedia.org...

I cant find anymore information about this online currently, the wikipedia page sites what I believe is a Chinese article, although im not sure.

Here's the link.
news.ifeng.com...

Here's an image from the article, not sure if its from the sighting though.

Cheers
edit on 24-10-2011 by FoxMulder91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Caribbean Monk Seal

The problem with a seal being "hidden" is that it is an animal that spends a lot of time on the seashore, so unless there is a big, unvisited island with them all hiding out there, it's very unlikely.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
How can they say Any fish is extinct?

Fish lay hundreds or thousands of eggs. Many do not have to hatch right away but can lie dormant for years before they are ready to hatch - even out of water. Fish and or fish eggs can hide from researchers in a body of water that covers 71 % of the earth's surface. Man has only explored 5 percent of the worlds oceans. "Experts" can never have any proof any fish species is extinct.

Slayer69, that giant sloth you speak of - is alive and well and is in my living room. I married it.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Shane

are you going to make a thread for this?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join