State reps want to fight violence with National Guard's help

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

State reps want to fight violence with National Guard's help

www.chicagobreakingnews.com

Two state representatives called on Gov. Pat Quinn Sunday to deploy the Illinois National Guard to safeguard Chicago's streets.

Chicago Democrats John Fritchey and LaShawn Ford said they want Quinn, Mayor Richard Daley and Chicago Police Supt. Jody Weis to allow guardsmen to patrol streets and help quell violence.

So far this year, 113 people have been killed across Chicago, the same number of U.S. troops killed in Iraq and Afghanistan combined in the same period, Fritchey said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This would set a very troubling precedent. The armed forces are not to be deployed in civil action except during an emergency. Outside of extreme events, such as riots. To deploy troops to deal with an existing crime problem suggests that our civil authorities are unable to keep the peace.

Now that may be the case. If in fact it is the case than the entire city government should resign out of principal or be immediately impeached. They were elected and swore an oath to protect the citizens of the city and if they are unable to fulfill that oath, should be removed from office.

Controlling crime is not a particularily difficult task. You arrest people and keep them in prison. If you need to build tent prisons, you build tent prisons. If you need to buy prison barges, buy prison barges.

I personally don't think that significantly increasing the prison population is a good long-term solution, but it is the first step in any solution.

Interesting that a government that is predominately run by liberals want troops to keep the peace and it is exactly the same folks who resist putting troops on the Southern Border. I wonder what these folks would say if they called out the National Guard to enforce federal law with respect to illegals in Arizona.

www.chicagobreakingnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
welcome to martial law

but we were expecting it weren't we???

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I hold the theory that a general break down in adequate policing and an increase in lawlessness may well be intentional, so as many people will welcome martial law or an increased militarisation of the police with open arms.
Then the crime rate drops dramatically and people want the military to stay on the streets to patrol and enforce order !

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Conspiracy Chicks fan !]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Sounds like gang war activity to me,Americas very own terrorists,street gangs,they terrorize cities across America and when they go to war with each other the blood flows freely.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I think Chicago needs to throw criminals in jail, start with the politicians.

Keep real criminals, ones that commit a crime with a victim in jail. Let all the people in jail out where there was no victim.

If Illinois does not have concealed carry, pass that. Pass castle protection laws.

Why the hell do we need more LEO's? When a cop is needed they are usually hours away.

A LEO is NOT even responsible to protect people, do you think a national guardsmen will be? They really helped during Katrina.

I say put the NATIONAL GUARD on our frelling BORDER where they frelling belong. I wonder if there has been an increase in the Mexican drug gangs are making maneuvers in the Illinois region?

If it is, I wonder why the government STILL HAS NOT DONE ANYTHING ABOUT IT?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
In the aftermath of Hurrican Katrina in New Orleans — when about a third of the NOLA police force walked off the job and those who remained were captured on video looting right alongside the thieving street trash — Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco and NOLA mayor Ray Nagin called for and received National Guard assistance in patrolling the urban disaster area.

Interestingly, Guardsmen from Oklahoma were deployed in New Orleans, along with a few U.S. Marshals and the NOLA police department. We can assume that this was because Blanco and Nagin and the Federal Government didn't want Louisiana Guardsmen performing a very disagreeable task in their home state — namely, confiscating firearms from law-abiding citizens.

There are videos on YouTube and elsewhere that document the National Guard, with weapons drawn, entering civilian homes (sometimes forcibly), holding New Orleans residents at gunpoint, and searching the homes for firearms, which were immediately confiscated.

Some Guardsmen were visibly appalled that this was happening in America, even under Louisiana's "state of emergency" (which is the equivalent of martial law in Louisiana); yet, the Guardsmen followed orders and disarmed law-abiding citizens.

As far as I know, this unconstitutional activity has yet to be addressed by the U.S. Justice Department, although it outraged New Orleans citizenry and gun-owner rights activists across the country.

I have no doubt that the Congressional call for National Guardsmen in Chicago will yield more such unconstitutional firearms confiscations; however, we must not forget that Chicago IS the home turf of some of the most detestable and corrupt politicians in U.S. government (including Barack Hussein Obama), so it's not really a surprise that these crooks would use Chicago as a staging ground for their planned national gun confiscations in the near future.

Deploying the Guard under the guise of "assisting Chicago police" is so transparent a ruse as to be laughable, if the implications weren't so goddamned grave.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Chicks fan !
I hold the theory that a general break down in adequate policing and an increase in lawlessness may well be intentional...

Particularly in a city such as Chicago, which is historically associated with organized crime and corruption of government officials (many of whom go on to higher offices in Federal Government).

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by nickoli
Sounds like gang war activity to me, Americas very own terrorists, street gangs, they terrorize cities across America and when they go to war with each other the blood flows freely.

But let's not forget that some of the most treacherous terrorists are those holding the highest offices in the land, including seats in the U.S. Congress and in the U.S. Justice Department.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
So they want permission to employ martial law in Chicago. This is going to go over really well. What is happening to this country? Are we really going to fall apart like this? Hey Chicago! How'd that gun ban work out? Now you need troops in your streets? What kind of insanity is it that these people believe, that further trampling the rights of the innocent will help protect them in the end? Let the people protect themselves, don't quarter soldiers among them.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

FYI prison makes people worse. Locking everyone up is not the answer, and never has been.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

AMEN!
Star

Another line.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
This is a very bad idea. The military is not trained to be a police force. I think we have seen this in Iraq and Afghanistan.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Leave it to our idiot politicians to take a bad situation and make it worse. If they bring the national guard in it will only make matters worse.

Their gun ban is the biggest part of the problem in this city. They took away the right of law abiding citizens to protect themselves and gave the gangbangers free reign.

What we need is that gun ban dropped so that we can protect ourselves again. And have some stricter laws regarding gang activity.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
This has nothing to do with gun laws, organized crime, or corrupt politicians.

This is all about how the city of Chicago is set up.

They cramed all the poor into sections of the city...and somehow expected to not have crime. It is still happening today...they buy out the next poor section close to a "non-poor" section (best I can describe it) and the build high priced condos.

What do you think the Olympic bid was all about??? The places they planned on building some of the structures...just another plan to push the poorer communities into even more concentrated areas.

For the people that live in these areas...it is bad...ironically this strategy makes it easier to identify the areas you shouldn't go into and keep yourself safe.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

So are you saying that these people are killing because they are poor and forced to live in the "poor nieghborhoods" ?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
This has nothing to do with gun laws, organized crime, or corrupt politicians. This is all about how the city of Chicago is set up.

Well, historically, Chicago is a city built on governmental corruption, going back to the 19th Century, but the best-remembered corruption came out of the early 20th Century, when organized crime was indistinguishable from city government. EVERYBODY was on the take, Crime WAS the government in Chicago.

And that system has never really been overhauled — new names, new faces elected to office, new judges, new issues, but still the same old governmental corruption and street thuggery that the Obama administration has brought to Washington.

As if Washington needed any more thuggery and corruption.

Now they're going to push it just a little further — deploy the Guard in Chicago, there will be a major incident (a "showcase" incident), and then the Guard will be on patrol in Chicago permanently, mainly to bust down doors and confiscate legally-owned weapons.

What cha wanna bet?

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Gee, why not hire more police? With so many out of work, there should be more than enough people to do the job. Also, take the ones they have now, and make sure that they ARE doing their jobs.

This garbage of wanting to put the military on our streets is moronic, and it tells you just what kind of city leaders they have. They want the easy way out in this. Doing it their way, will put the cost of this on more then the city tax payer, it will go on the backs of everyone. I say, if the city leaders can`t come up with a better answer then this, it`s time to get them out of office.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Now they're going to push it just a little further — deploy the Guard in Chicago, there will be a major incident (a "showcase" incident), and then the Guard will be on patrol in Chicago permanently, mainly to bust down doors and confiscate legally-owned weapons.

What cha wanna bet?

Nothing would make Daley
happier. If they roll the guard in here they will have their "showcase" incident.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by chise61
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

So are you saying that these people are killing because they are poor and forced to live in the "poor nieghborhoods" ?

I am saying that is where the majority of the crime is occuring. And I am also saying that Chicago is set up to concentrate the poor population in certain neighborhoods. It's not my opinion...it's just how it is.

I am NOT saying that poor people are evil or that they are all murderers.

Are you saying crime rates are not higher in poorer communities???

Take a look at this map:

Map

If you know anything about Chicago...you will know the red areas are "poor" areas and the green ones are not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join