It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just received this response email from Grant Gartrell

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Believable Skeptic
Didn't really think of this until just now ... yesterday, June 10, 2004, about 6:30pm Chicago time (CST), there was a large BANG/boom event and lots of parked cars had their alarms ringing.

It was clearly daylight, so no one could have -- if it were a meteor or other from space object -- seen the flash easily. But it sure as hell makes sense now that I see this:

Meteor in NZ on June 11, 2004

Please, let's really analyze this. Any other meteor sightings or a centralized place to find them on the web?

Hey Skeptic - not sure what it was but I am in the NW burbs and heard the boom you're refering to. It scared the bejeezus out of me! Do you have any idea exactly what it was? I see you're suggesting it may have been a meteor - I had assumed it may have been a sonic boom from some exercises at the AFB.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpspace
PS: I'm from Western Australia and for the past week it has been rain, rain, rain...LOTS OF IT..and definitely NOT normal. Just went outside and is 100% cloud cover still...

I'm from WA too, and the rain is annoying me also, but its not that its 'not normal' its quite normal, its just that we just came out of a drought remember.

So its wetter than it has been the last few years, but not 'unusually wet'.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Greetings to all. My name is Dave for anyone following this thread who wishes to be a bit more informal in discussions. I would like to start out by apologizing ahead of time. This is my first time using a forum and this is my first entry. I've already tried entering this once before and I think I screwed it up. But if this looks like a repeat, you're not seeing double I assure you. If I make any mistakes in form or manners please forgive me. I'm still learning. My reason for taking up this forum is because of the supposed "Impactors" approaching us from an Invisible cloud. When I first received this info via an email link to Bushcountry.com I wasn't sure what to think but I did find myself somewhat riled emotionally. I don't consider myself to be someone who is led astray easily but I also don't like being caught off guard- and this one DID catch me off guard. The reason being more to do with the links perporting increases in cash liquidity by the FED, massive deployments of American and foreign military naval assets, and striking wheather developments in the midwest. I decided to look into it further and that is when I happened to come across this site. After some time invested both on this and other sites I have come to the conclusion (at least to my satisfaction) that the character known as 'Aussie Bloke" can not be considered as credible. Though my research has found that there are three celestial objects which are moving in our planets proximity south of the equitorial plane, NONE of them are designated a threat and ALL of them are visible from the southern hemisphere using proper equipment. An object identified as comet C/2004 H6(SWAN) is the closest I could find to fitting the bill of AB's supposed intruder and it has a defined trajectory with a documented flight path, and I say again, It Can be SEEN!!! Whether my belief is WISE or not will be seen in the next few days. It all seems to me to be a moot issue anyway. If we really were to be hit by a large impactor there is not much we could do to stop it. If you don't think so check your search engines for a site called Prject Wormwood and read just how much energy even a small item moving at those speeds really has (as well as the amount of destructive force they have when there is an impact) I wished to thank those who went to the trouble of finding and getting a response from Dr. Gartrell and to the host of this site for setting an old fools mind at ease. Let's just hope that a real impactor never comes.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'm gonna be civil again
. The thing that makes me really mad about things like this is the realization that this person never even believed in it himself. He still got the last laugh! It's not like when it doesn't happen we can go "Ha-ha". He knows it's not gonna happen, and it's not gonna erk him when it doesn't. Unless of course he thought he was right, but is just stupid...

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I can't beleive the time and devotion this HOAX is STILL getting. What is it, like 3 threads and countless pages about it. And it's proven to be a SHAM! But I digress...I guess until the end of June comes and goes we will just have to endure the wolf crying till then. And if I'm wrong then I'm dead, either way this stupid topic will be over.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Skeptic Overlord I'm going to have to agree with you, based on the facts over the last few hundred years with all the other false doomsday predictions, including Nostradamus's and the Year 2000 Y2K hoax, none happened. I therefore don't believe anything will happen. I now believe all the strange things such as the ships have something to do with an US-led invasion or placing pressure and terror on other countries maybe North Korea or another in the middle east. I'm taking the facts from a realist point of view now.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
I can't beleive the time and devotion this HOAX is STILL getting. What is it, like 3 threads and countless pages about it. And it's proven to be a SHAM! But I digress...I guess until the end of June comes and goes we will just have to endure the wolf crying till then. And if I'm wrong then I'm dead, either way this stupid topic will be over.

Hi All!

Two issues - one generic one concerning the post quoted above as well as a another vane which I tried to post here in this very forum but was removed my admin due to my lack of instant understanding of posting procedures - anyway, here the matter:

1) For any given hypothesis, conjecture, or assumption it is NOT relevant at all if proven wrong (FALSIFICATION) because there is no LOGICAL way to do the opposite (VERIFICATION). In other words: no matter how often a hypothesis, conjecture, or assumption is proven right through, e.g., OBSERVATION, one single exception out of infinite positive "observations" LOGICALLY suffices to prove a hypothesis, conjecture, or assumption as DEFINETLY WRONG.

Having said that: The more any given hypothesis, conjecture, or assumption implies the higher the probability that is will be falsified, i.e., that it is WRONG.
However, the fact that hypothesis, conjecture, or assumption are FALSIFIABLE entitles them to be considered for RATIONAL discussion/thought.

THE POINT IS:
Even falsified (WRONG) hypothesis�, conjectures, or assumptions prove to be VERY USEFUL, e.g., falsified Newton Mechanics (every Space Flight follows Newton but NOT Einstein or Quantum Mechanics).

CONCLUSION:
No matter how much amateur posts (whether we or AB or both) appear to be WEAK or WRONG, any conclusion may WELL SERVE, for past, current, and/or future analysis.

2) The other vane concerns the recent (April 04) move of Rotschild who WITHDRAW from a ultimate position at the London Gold Fix Pool. Please go ahead and check below link which is presumably a high-grade move of one of the most powerful establishments in relation to recent extraordinary FED M3 expansion.

www.gold-investor.com...

Thank you very much for your highly appreciated attention and critical thought!

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
C'mon folks. How could anyone have ever bought into this story? "Aussie Bloke" was arrogant, condescending, generally rude and had terrible grammar. His use of the English language was child-like at best. He refused to give ANY technical information at all, yet he claimed to be well educated in the fields being discussed. "Aussie Bloke" was obviously a liar; a very bad liar. Tsk, tsk. Everyone is always commenting about the masses being led like sheep... They sure are,

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
No, no man on earth knows at what time or day that end time prophecies are supposed to take place. Its not meant for us to know, because it is God's will. This is why God tells to watch and pray for we know not when the Master will return. People, all we have to do is read our Bible's to know when the beginning of sorrows will begin. It is not until the anit-christ comes to power and peace is restored and the abomination of desolation takes place, that trouble that has never been or will ever see again take place. Aussie knew times, and he knew too many specifics. More and most importantly, the anti-christ has not come into power yet. Oh yeah, by the way, I am djackson and I am new. I would love to engage in discussion with anyone about these topics and more discussed on ATS.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Can someone please close this thread ?

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join