It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just received this response email from Grant Gartrell

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I would like to point out that energy_wave has been responsible for a previous board hoax: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by milo
A few days ago I emailed Marie Chio, an associate of Grant Gartrell. I received this email today just moments ago. In it, Mr. Gartrell denies any connection to AB.

Thank you milo!

It was also gracious of Dr. Gartrell to respond to your inquiry -- he could've simply ignored requests such as yours and only responded to people or groups that he knew.

warm regards,

Carbonek

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
There is a distinct difference between NEO's(misses) and impacts (hits), as so mentioned, forecasted, and predicted, with such assureness and "accuracy" by the so-called AB and then heralded as proper "FACT" by those who swallowed whole his or her given scenerio's for June 2004.....a major difference. Let's not even go into the hype that this has also generated and further esculated by those who again have swallowed this BS.....thats the 'hoax', not that there will be three NEO's to pass but that those three NEO's will become impacts.

Factually speaking, it lacks any type credibility, scientifically or otherwise. I didn't buy it then and I definitely don't buy it now.

seekerof

[edit on 6-6-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I believe we are all aware that a NEO is one that misses. I think we are all also aware that there was meteor that entered the earth's atmosphere in Washington earlier this week. And that in March this year there was a really near miss. Which in turn implies that the "scientists" aren't really that accurate with their guestimates. The point however is that on June 26 there will be no less than three NEO in the same sky in close proximity, with the potential of interaction, unless ofcourse someone can show me proof to the contrary. Am I saying that they will hit earth? no. Am I saying this is definitely unusual in the light of the AB hoax? Yes.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Yes, it is quite unusual, but accordingly, AB gave specifics: locations, dates, times, asteroid/meteor names/classifcations, sizes, etc.
Your pointing out correlations are noted, but do not discount the 'specifics' of the message given and stated by this character AB and those who have advocated and pushed what this said above mentioned character specifically claimed, projected, prophesied, and heralded as fact....that three specifically named asteroids/metoers were to impact this planet, and impact with significant effects to this world's inhabitants, later this month.

seekerof

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Is there anyway that we can have orbit paths for the three NEO simulated in one diagram? I think it would be an interesting excercise, hopefully in futility or not.

As for the AB hoax, I think it fell apart when his facts were wrong, and then he started getting too detailed, including points of impact on that map. To all hoaxers learn from the oracles of Delphi, keep it vague and some of it will definitely become fact.

However, this still leaves us with three NEOs in June to be concerned about.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hi,

In the end of time, everyone is telling, but no one is listening... But the truth will be hard to digest and will lay heavy on our stomach....

Kind regards,

Tjarko
www.hhff.info...

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   

A few days ago I emailed Marie Chio, an associate of Grant Gartrell. I received this email today just moments ago. In it, Mr. Gartrell denies any connection to AB.

I know this email is real because it is in response to my email to Ms. Choi who forwarded it to Dr. Gartrell.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marie Choi kindly forwarded your email to me. I have prepared the following response to a situation I was not even aware of until a few hours ago, when I returned home from a week away caving to find my email inbox bursting at the seams.

�Several people have recently contacted me, and thus have drawn my attention to claims being made in my name concerning the prediction of imminent cataclysmic cometary impacts.

Please be advised that I have no knowledge of the identity of the person �Aussie Bloke� who claims to be me.

I am very displeased to be caught up in a hoax in this way, and while I do not regard myself as a vindictive person, I do not think that I would be too upset at this moment if a small �personal sized� heavenly body fell out of the sky and flattened �Aussie Bloke�, or at least knocked some integrity into him.

I am one of the authors of an article on meteors which appeared in the Australian Journal of Physics in 1975, but, although still interested in it, have not worked actively in that field much since that time. I am currently a berry grower with a serious interest in cave exploration, cave science and cave tourism development and management, as well as the landcare movement and the promotion of sustainable agriculture and horticulture.

There are a number of claims made by �Aussie Bloke� in his hi-jacking of my persona that are plainly incorrect and make it quite clear that he does not know me as well as he would like others to believe.

I would like to state categorically that while I have no doubt that over geologically significant periods of time there have been significant impacts on earth by space debris, and that there is no reason to suppose that similar events will not occur from time to time in the future, I have no knowledge whatsoever of any such immediate or imminent threat, or any related conspiracy. I have never even met Chicken Little, and I have already started planning travel arrangements for conferences I expect to attend in several years time.�

Kind regards,

Grant Gartrell

Just adding a little gas to the fire (as if it needed it).
This e-mail is fake.

Well it may not be fake but, it's not the the real Dr. Gartrell.
At bushcountry it clearly states that their reseach digged up GARTRELL G., ELFORD W.G. as AB, so where did "Grant" Gartrell come from??
www.bushcountry.org...

Plus, a berry grower in Australia? riiiight

AB
AB hoax by Monitors
Monitors = hoax
AB hoax by email
Email = hoax

The saga continues...

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
ThatsJustWeird,

I can assure you that the email is real. That is, it is from a Grant Gartrell in Australia who at one time was an astronomer. I believe the "G." following "Gartrell" in the excerpt you posted likely stands for "Grant".

One thing I will point out. The only reference AB made to his name was "Dr. Gartrel". All of us assumed that AB simply misspelled "Gartrell" (he/she forgot the last "l"). It is my understanding that a search of Gartrel turned up nothing.

Another point: The email to bushcountry.org, which included the "research" on Gartrell also contained a reference to Grover's Mill, NJ as a location of a fireball. As is now widely remembered, Grover's Mill is the city in War of the Worlds. My point is that the anonymous emailer to bushcountry.org who sent the AB postings was obviously perpetrating a hoax. It is my belief that also applies to his claim that AB's identity had been "verified". I believe that the Grant Gartrell who responded to my email is the Gartrell in question and it is clear that he had not been contacted prior to yesterday and certainly did NOT verify that he was AB.

There are at least two hoaxes here. The first is AB himself (if he indeed is a hoax - which I believe he is) and the second is the emailer who sent the story to bushcountry.org. On the latter, I am confident of a hoax given his reference to Grover's Mill. Additionally, Don Best (dragonslayer2001) has pointed out that the anonymous emailer lifted word-for-word Don's "Red Flag" post and included it in the email to bushcountry.org.

For what it's worth, Gartrell said in his email to me that he had written it as a standard reply. I know of two other places so far who claim to have received an email from Gartrell and they confirm the email I posted to start this thread. The first place is prophecykeepers. com and the second is the user gartrellwatcher on GLP.

I have emailed Marie Choi asking her to pass along a message to Gartrell. I suggested that he contact the owner of godlikeproductions.com directly since that is where AB posted his claims. I heard back from her this morning. She said she would pass along the information to Gartrell for me.

One final thing - I am not aware of anyone locating another Gartrell in Australia who was an 60+ astronomer. Also, to my knowledge, AB has not returned to claim that the Grant Gartrell who is now identified is not him. This leads me to believe that the "Dr. Gartrel" AB referenced is indeed the Grant Gartrell I have been in contact with.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Maybe you're right, but....

www.truinsight.com...
They talk about it here also.

Then we have a supposed e-mail from Dr. Grant Gartrell who says he knew nothing about any of this and was on vacation, just got back. Funny thing about that was that at the time this e-mail came through, a neighbor had gone over to Gartrell's and he was not home, and was told they had gone on a vacation!! The mystery deepens

Now if you read this supposed e-mail carefully, you find a contradiction. First he says he knew nothing about until a few hours ago, and then claims that he has been contacted recently about impacts. Which is it? A few hours or "recently"...??

I think they also talk about you...

Milo, You supposedly received this e-mail at 06:33 UTC -7:00 on Saturday (June 5). That�s at 11:30 last night. That�s the same time my contact Mark Lutzow from Compass Country Cabins was visiting the blueberry farm of Dr. Grant Gartrell.

Mark assurred me that there was no one home, and that a neighbor nearly-directly across the street told him that the family had recently left on "holiday."

The gent who wrote to "Choi" as GG claims he found his computer jammed "a few hours earlier" soooo...that means they abandoned the place again, after being home for a few minutes to write this e-mail and the neighbor didn�t notice their return even though two registed vehicles were parked in the Gartrell driveway in plain view?? --abandoned, according to Lutzow.

Gartrell�s "real e-mail" address is clearly visible on his blueberry business website at www.southaustraliafoodonline.com/buyers_hub/BuyersCode/companyDetails.asp?EntID=2432.

[Grant is not AB btw (for those who may think that I think he is)
On the same site they show it's clearly not him]

[edit on 6-6-2004 by ThatsJustWeird]

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
ThatsJustWeird,

I was on the GPL thread you referenced from yesterday and the Milo referred to is me. If you follow the thread down you will find that the same poster you excerpted, gartrellwatcher, later posted this on 6/5/2004 at 7:19 pm EDT.

Update from Mark Lutzow at Compass Country Cabins:

Just spoke to Mark again. There was a bit of a misunderstanding on my part as to the timing of his visit to the Gatrell Farm. I apologize for my error in back-tracking the time differences.

I spoke to Mark as app. 12:30 AM this morning, then I posted the long interview with him. I was mistakenly under the impression that he had only recently returned from the farm. In fact, Mark had visited app. 10:00-11:00 AM Australia time--about 2-3 hours before I interviewed him.

I woke Mark up on Sunday morning (8:00) AM Australia time just now and he told me that of course it is possible then--if the Milo e-mail was sent at 11:00 PM Friday EDT (12:30 PM on Saturday Australia time) that GG may have returned home AFTER Mark�s visit. Mark asked me to call him back in about 3 hours and he would try to see if GG is now home.

I will call him again and post again.

in the same thread, on 6/5/2004 at 10:00pm EDT he posted this

Dr. Grant Gartrell is definitely NOT AB!!

I just spoke with him for 15-20 minutes at his home. Mark had just left his house and I spoke with Mark afterwards also.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO QUESTION THAT DR. GRANT GARTRELL HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS NONSENSE!!

Marie Choi, for the record, is an associate in the field of caving, spelunking, evaluation/exploration/protection etc. She has no connection with astronomy or astrophysics.

He has been to Canberra, but is not even familiar with most of the landmarks given by AB, He has been basically uninvolved in the field of meterorite tracking since 1975, and now takes only a cursory interest in the subject. Has lived in Mount Compass for over 20 years. Visited my State of Maine in 1975, worked for 18 months in Groton, CT (�75) for the Naval Underwater Systems Center. Is an impeccable speller who scans a line of type in the newspaper and instantly notices incorrect spellings, misprints, etc. I could tell you plenty more...but I am VERY RELIEVED.

He is thoroughly baffled how someone could have stolen his indentity, and even more amazed how they could know that he was going to be away the past week (arriving home at 4PM--yesterday--Saturday local time) in Tazmania.

Says he had 20 calls (6 from the USA--and others from all over) on his answering machine before the tape ran out and 60+ e-mails. Going to go read the e-mail he says he sent to me now.

LET�S NAIL THIS AB HOAXSTER TO A TREE!!!

Mark confirmed everything.

Sincerely Yours,
Steve Martin

And finally, on 6/6/2004 at 8:57 am EDT still in the same thread, he posted this

Milo,

Thank you for your role in bringing this sad chapter of the AB saga to a conclusion.

I salute you for your honesty, diligence and candor.

Sincerely,
Steve Martin
[email protected]
207-532-3635

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Yeah I know it's not him.

It is strange though that a freakin' berry farmer, who hasn't done squat about astronomy since when? the 70s? His name suddenly pops up out of the blue. Who did he piss off?

Aside from all that, something strange is going on. To much...stuff...going on. I just wish I knew what it is all about.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Is an impeccable speller who scans a line of type in the newspaper and instantly notices incorrect spellings, misprints, etc. I could tell you plenty more...but I am VERY RELIEVED.

This is Gartrell's Website and he can't even spell PROPRIETOR, when describing his occupation...

www.southaustraliafoodonline.com...

Could he be regretting to have disclosed his real name and is backtracking?... Besides, who else besides him would know he would conveniently be on vacation for a week?...

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Gartrell wrote

I have prepared the following response to a situation I knew nothing about until I heard your message a few hours ago. I appreciate the call.

The email he sent to prophecykeeper looks like a cut and paste of the one he sent me, which I posted to start this thread. I am guessing that over the next couple of days Gartrell will be contacting more people to clear his name.

Milo, You did a wonderful job getting to the truth !! You've got my vote

Seeker of, I only posted URL's of what was being said elsewhere, I wished I hadn't, SORRY !

As far as anyone still wanting to beleive or post any of that garbage of AB, all I have to say on that topic is KeepOn, KeepingOn if you want to look like " Chicken Little ", myself, I don't care to talk about that subject any longer, the non-believer's of AB's hoaks were correct.

If you lookup DR. Grant Gartrell's name on the internet you will see that he's into caving , fosselling and artifacts.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
[edit on 20-10-2004 by antipigopolist]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Post Apocalyptic bomb/meteor shelter, as new, unused.

53 Cases of Baked Beans
100 gallons of Fizzy Spring Water
420 Rolls of Toilet Paper
1 Beach Towel
and a wind-up radio.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka

53 Cases of Baked Beans
1 Beach Towel
and a wind-up radio.

I'll give you $15 plus post

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
It is strange though that a freakin' berry farmer, who hasn't done squat about astronomy since when? the 70s? His name suddenly pops up out of the blue. Who did he piss off?

Nobody, but Aussie Bloke decided to use a name he found on the old article to give credence to the hoax. That's how hoaxers work.

Aside from all that, something strange is going on. To much...stuff...going on. I just wish I knew what it is all about.

It's "millennial hangover."

The world didn't come to an end (or even a catastrophe) in 2000, and the doomsayers are still hoping for a chance to be hero, so they're running around doing their best "Chicken Little" impersonation on every Near Earth Object and comet and planetary alignment to hit the solar system, hoping to be right about Doom And Disaster THIS time!

Now... hoaxers wait for attention to a subject to play out their jokes. All it takes is a very sheep-like audience that's ready to believe anything without research and is ready to believe the particular point that's being flogged. So if you have people who believe the NWO/Jesus/comets are going to end the earth soon, what better place to start making them look stupid by announcing (in a pseudo-scientific way, wtih pseudo-scientific credits) that yes, indeed, they ARE right and Gawd is sending Big Horkin' Asteroids to wipe out the place.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka

53 Cases of Baked Beans
1 Beach Towel
and a wind-up radio.

Somehow I don't think that 420 rolls of toilet paper would be enough if you're taking that many baked beans with you.
I guess that's where the beach towel would come in handy huh?

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I suppose no one has ever mispelled their name before. No one here has ever 'fat-fingered' the keyboard-eh? Has that blue pill kicked in yet?

[edit on 7-6-2004 by yeshayahu2004]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join