It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S-300 is in Iran. ***VIDEO***

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I came across this video while browsing YouTube, that I could swear clearly shows an S-300 marching through Iran's army day parade just recently (April 2010):

If you look from 1:55 to 2:00, it appears to show Iran with at least one s-300 system.
If this is so, I must ask what the hoopla would be about attacking Iran "before they get the S-300"? I mean, if they already have it, then what's the big deal?

Does anyone here doubt that is an s-300 in the video??

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
From what little knowledge that I have about advanced military hardware, yes, those two trucks certainly did look like the S-300

mais pour poser un question; is it possible that other systems look similar?

I think that Iran already has the system.. it makes years that Russia and Iran have been saying yes we sold it, no we didnt, or yes we received, no we still want it...

just saying, someone with more knowledge will say something soon for sure,, i hope.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I would say yes going by this...www.presstv.ir...

edit- or maybe some of these payvand.com...

[edit on 25-4-2010 by YehudasTheEnabler]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
copied from wiki

Iran 's status regarding the S-300 system remains controversial. They seem to have acquired an unknown number of S-300PMU-1 missiles in 1993, maybe even 300 recently from Belarus.[19] Iran claimed to have signed a contract with Russia on 25 December 2007 on the sales of the S-300PMU-2 missile system.[20] Russian officials have denied this.[21] According to senior Israeli defence sources Iran is to receive S-300s by 2009, deliveries will take place from September until begin 2009.[22][23][24] It has also been claimed that Croatia sold their S-300s to Iran.[25] Later, another claim was made saying Libya transferred S-300s to Iran.[26]. On December 21, according to a senior Iranian lawmaker, Russia has started the supply of components for S-300 air defense systems to Iran. Esmaeil Kosari, deputy chairman of the parliamentary commission on national security and foreign policy, told the Iranian news agency IRNA that Iran and Russia had held negotiations for several years on the purchase of S-300 air defense systems and had finalized a deal. Kosari said the Islamic Republic would deploy S-300 surface-to-air missile systems to strengthen national defense on border areas.[27] On 28 October 2009, When asked when Russia would deliver the systems to Iran, Ivanov said: "There have been no such deliveries to date."[28] Yet on 23 December 2009, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Alexei Borodavkin said Russia sees no reason to cancel a deal to provide S-300s to Iran. He said ""Exports of such weapons is subject to no UN treaty or other bilateral agreements, This is why we see no essential reason to make any change in the deal," indicating that there is a deal.[29] On 8 February 2010, Iran announced that it had a "domestically-made" system with the same capabilities as the S-300.[30] Alexander Fumin has said that the delay in the delivery is due to a technical problem with the radiowave system.[31]

en.wikipedia.org...(missile)#S-300_system_family_tree

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Do you really think Russia would sell a AAM system to a nation nearby that could easily take out most Russian aircraft? I don't.

I think they watered down the electronics so that they would not be giving away their better tech.

The USA does this as well.

Strip out top of the line electronics, refit with less sophisticated and slightly older systems.

This way you can always defeat those whom you sell your arms too.

Common sense really.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
video isnt working for me but it is known that they have the s-200. perhaps they look similar. they bought the s-300 in 2005 so its only a matter of time before russia has to ship it or give them their money back.
maybe russia sold the s-300 to syria and syria shipped it to iran.

i think syria has the s-300

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...(missile)

en.wikipedia.org...

They are nothing alike really.

Photos are in the wiki articles.

Iran is operating both systems. It is an official fact they have the s-300. Where they got it from, thats up for debate. But to me Belarus or Croatia is practically Russia. X-soviet bloc nations selling Russian weapons? Might as well be Russia to me.

My theory is that it is not as capable as the Russian equivalent.

The S-300 can come with many variant radar systems, depending on the package. And how old the model is as well.

There have been a ton of articles since around 2007 where Iran was entering a contract to purchase the S-300 system from Russia. You can find articles about this subject all over the net with a quick Google 'Iran buys s-300".

[edit on 25-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
yes it is! bad new!
I google'd for pic. found this.
s300

new topics

top topics

join