It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru bah but..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Long shot.. nibiru means crossing or crossing point( stfu sitchen).. if you use the common translations for the sumerian language it shows that they used astrology in the same way as the mayans, relate the astrology and link the pyramids and it kinda makes sense, maybe a group decieded to leave.. became the mayan tribe, had different religious belief's or rebeled for whatever reason so they traveled far far away .. built their pyramids of their own to be different from their sumerian brothers and sisters, but still carried some of the same values.. recreated their own way of life .. its a bit of a long shot but it has a few ideas to make some sense. We used to believe the world was flat, perhaps the mayan group was a rebel group that thought they could use the stars to predict when to farm/plant/harvest etc.... and their ex brothers thought it was crazy.

Sorry if thats too much out o the ball park but I liked it. made more sense than doomsday planet on an imaginary orbit from a $$$ hungry writer.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Thank you so much for that blast of gibberish. Zechariah Sitchin's translation of the Sumerian tablets is done without the sort of narrow-minded self-delusion that is so common with the establishment. People who would rather destroy and dismiss their own findings than budge even the slightest bit from their previous assumptions. This is because they have made such claims that they are the authorities, that to admit that this newly discovered information requires a change in their perspective is, in their minds equivalent to saying they were mistaken, and that frightens them into the sort of knee-jerk reactionary stance that you obviously subscribe to. They dismiss the tablets' extraordinary claims as myths, but have no answer for the obvious question that assertion brings up. These are the first historical documents. There was nothing before them. Myths have to be based on something. They are exaggerations and twisted re-tellings of previous stories, but there was nothing before them, so how can they be myths? They are history, and I pity you if you are not able to accept that.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

No, it's done with an entirely different sort of narrow-minded self-delusion. "I'm the only one who can translate this! By combining factors of two completely different languages however I want!"

I'm not completely dismissive of Sitchin's ideas, mind you; I'm just saying that he's just as dogmatic as the establishment.

And yes, the OP is gibberish.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Solasis]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
jibberish? I'm adding reasonable reasons to relate these "2012" theories. Sitchen's books are great reads but his info goes against the known ways of planetary movement as well as changing facts to support his claims. Aliens may exist, the world may be about to change or be destroyed, and many other things mentioned, but I lose respect for anyones idea's when they are influenced by money.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I always find it funny if Zecharia Sitchin is wrong about Nibiru, then why does NASA always go back to his work? Just look at INdia and the Vedas. I bet they are all translated wrong as well?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

Sitchin is wrong at much more than being a fake when it comes to translating ancient texts. He demonstrates mistakes in astronomy and physics. His claims have no validity. His so-called work can be tossed in the pile with Velikovsky.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Please help me out here. When does NASA go back to Sitchin's work?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Like I've said in previous posts, NASA is not a source of any truthful information...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
can you please further explain what exactly you mean by crossing point, i kind of understand what you are saying but i wanna be sure.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOWILLFALL

In other words you have no idea what someone else is claiming about NASA going back to Sitchin.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Umm..I don't know exactly what you mean...All I know is I've seen you on several posts about nibiru trying to discredit everyone..why is it so important? and when you come forward with so-called proof it's always a link to nasa.gov...so I don't know what you mean...Yes sitchen is a proven fraud

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Someone else made the following statement. Do you have any information to shed light on this statement or are you going to continue with off topic posts?

I always find it funny if Zecharia Sitchin is wrong about Nibiru, then why does NASA always go back to his work?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
can you please further explain what exactly you mean by crossing point, i kind of understand what you are saying but i wanna be sure.

I direct that toward many meanings because I simply dont know the sumerian language .. everything from a road..mountain.. astrology related..stars crossing each other(it could even be related to earth crossing with a rogue unseen planet!) .... I'm sure it would also be related in spiritual meaning for them as well maybe... as in what happens after you live.. the point into the next life... It could be a very vague word, I honestly dont know how specific it is, but considering the translations of the other words with Nibiru, it makes more sense as crossing than a planet.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Someone else made the following statement. Do you have any information to shed light on this statement or are you going to continue with off topic posts?

I always find it funny if Zecharia Sitchin is wrong about Nibiru, then why does NASA always go back to his work?

LOL You using my text? I feel honored some what.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Have you seen the film of his meeting with Harrington, late head of NASA? Two reasonable men discussing the brown dwarf.
You talk disinfo all the time.

mclinking

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The claim was that "if Zecharia Sitchin is wrong about Nibiru, then why does NASA always go back to his work?"

That appears to be a large misrepresentation of the truth. NASA did not go back or even consider Sitchin. In fact it was Sitchin that curried favor from astronomers looking for a new planet in the solar system.

Harrington in the video dies in 1993 before it becomes apparent that his search and estimates of a new planet were based on measurement error.

There is no NASA connection. It was Sitchin looking for some sort of scientific support for ideas that are lame and do not match scientific principles.

You are spreading nonsense, or as you say disinfo, here.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Granted re NASA going back to Sitchin.
However, Harrington died in mysterious circumstances. Case conveniently closed?
Who said his measurements were inaccurate? The Jenner files have all the scientific refs to the brown dwarf, but no sign anywhere of Harrington being wrong.

mclinking

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

Nibiru in it's original form appears to refer to a place where a river could be crossed. The crossing point. Just as Oxford means the place where cattle (oxen) can cross the river (Thames).

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
anyone who is on the fence about the existence of a tenth planet needs to watch lucas's presentation on this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and that's all i have to say about that subject

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

Depending on which definition you choose, we currently know of either 8 planets or at least 20 ......

The whole 10th planet nonsense is a little out of date

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join