Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Jerk Cops !!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Ok, last night, I had my friend over, so we went toilet papering.

We toilet papered 2 houses and they were friends. But I guess some old people saw us and called the cops. So when we were walking home, these 3 COP CARS pulled up beside us and said on their little speaker "PUT YOUR HANDS UP!" One cop came out and was like "Do you have any weapons?" and he patted us down.

So they were lecturing us on the evils of toiletpapering and my brother smiled. One cop goes, "What?? WHAT??! You think this is funny?! WHAT?!" And he poked my bro hard, and then spit like in an old western.

So then the cops made us walk in front of the 3 cop cars while there lights were flashin and a bunch of kids from our school were comin out of their houses and like cheering, and yelling "pigs!" at the cops

they lectured us more,"We have better things to do than deal with you kids" (then why were there THREE cop cars??)

They let us off with a warning.

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by Ashly]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I sometimes wonder if there isn't a bit of brainwashing that goes on in your average police academy.

There must be some kind of programmed memory loss that makes cops forget what it was like to be young.

Being told to stick your hands up for TPing a house. Puhhhleaasse !!!

TPing somebodys house when you're young is a rite of passage, as is cruising the gut and tossing your hat up in the air at your HS graduation, which they can't do anymore for some reason. (I went to my sons last night and all they were allowed to do was to stand up and move the tassle over to the left side).

What is going on in the world that TPTB feel the need to drain the childhood out of childhood ???

Oh...and I would also be seriously pissed at that senile couple, they'd be getting a few crank calls from me and maybe their tires slashed. Nosy old Fuks.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
They didnt let my sister toss her hat in the air at her graduation, either.

My brother, my friend and I are planning on egging the old peoples house later this summer. It was my first day of summer and I got in trouble by the cops! AGH!!

My mom said that making us walk in front of the police car was public humiliation. I thought it was funny. It was like a parade lol.
I also got a bunch of calls today from ppl at school, saying they want to go next time we go t/ping. lol.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashly
My brother, my friend and I are planning on egging the old peoples house later this summer.

Why would you want to do this? Dont you realize that its difficult for the elderly to do any physical activity? They will need to clean up your mess using ladders, buckets of water and brushes etc. How about if one of the old people had a heart attack and died because of your childish and disrespectful prank? I think its terrible that you would do this and I hope you re-evaluate what you consider fun. Your just a kid have some respect.

AF1

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

My brother, my friend and I are planning on egging the old peoples house later this summer.

Why would you want to do this?

She wouldn't really have to do it if the old people would have just minded their business and not called the cops.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Personal accountability.
-or-
Taking responsibility for your own actions

Long-forgotten concepts?

No, it's not your fault you did something illegal, is it?
It's the cops' fault for catching you, of course. That makes sense.
Sure it does.

Nobody's perfect.
Everyone does stupid crap when they're kids.
At least be mature enough to accept the fact that YOU did something illegal and that it's YOUR fault.

When someone vadalizes your car or steals your purse, will you still think the cops you call for help are "jerks?" That they should ignore the person standing 10 feet away with your purse or with the baseball bat in their hand because they're just having fun?

Really.
You effed up. Suck it up and accept the fact that you effed up.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Um, Banshee, toilet-papering isnt illegal.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Last time I checked, TPing somebodies house, especially a friends wasn't illegal. Cops are just brainwashed and especially in a small town have not much else to do except going around tormenting kids for being kids.

As for the egging, AF1 is right. She wouldn't have felt she had to resort to this if they hadn't been such nosy old creeps. Maybe they'll think better of it the next time they decide to go tattling on people for simple infractions.

Old people don't get respect simply because they are OLD. They need to earn it the same as everybody else, and flapping your gums over some kids having a little innocent fun isn't earning it IMO.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Vandalism, kids.
Vandalism.

It is illegal if you're doing it to someone else's property.

KayEm, I'm disturbed by your views that cops are brainwashed.
Do you actually know any police officers?

-B.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I'll have to agree with Banshee, vandalism is illegal. While some police are power-hungry which leads them to be jerks sometimes (Which is true for ANYONE in a high position), most policemen are reasonable, nice people. You were breaking the law, and while making you march down the street like that may have been a LITTLE extreme, you warranted a punishment. How were the cops supposed to know you were tping your own friends house? Even so, that's against the law. It's like at my job (movie theatre), people buy a pg-13 ticket then try to sneak into another movie. If we catch them and make them leave, they act like WE'RE the bad guys. Don't forget, even policemen have to follow the rules. One of those is catching people when they break the law.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It wasnt vandalism because the people's house we t/ped didnt complain. If they complained, or had a problem with it, then it would be vandalism.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
Do you actually know any police officers?

My real dad is a police officer. He is a jerk of a cop. My mom said if he caught us, or any kids t/ping, he would have probably cuffed us. I know a lot of cops, because my dad has been a cop forever, and they are friends of the family. Granted, some are nice, but most are real asses.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   

It wasnt vandalism because the people's house we t/ped didnt complain. If they complained, or had a problem with it, then it would be vandalism.

Vandalism is the willful or malicious destruction or defacement of public or private property. It doesnt make it legal because they didnt press charges.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Oh B.S. !!!!

Have you guys forgotten what it's like to be kids ????? I almost can't believe what I'm reading here.

Vandalism my butt. It's not vandalism if it doesn't break anything or render something useless. Toilet paper cleans off. Just like $hit. I can't figure out what everyones getting all heated about.

Again. These are the things teens do. Like cruising the gut and tossing the mortarboards in the air.

My question is, with all this overregulation and obsession with bull$hit rules these days (and its getting worse, my friends), is there ANYTHING, no matter HOW petty or trivial that doesn't have a rule attached to it ???

Sorry if this offends some, but I do not think a few teens having a little innocent fun is tantamount to hard core criminalism.

And no, Banshee, I don't know any cops. But do you honestly DOUBT that they are brainwashed ? They just don't seem human to me, sorry.

I could go on and list the gazillion reasons and experiences I have with them to prove my point and to illustrate my hatred of them but that's another thread entirely and I'm not the one who's on trial here.

Ashly:

I think you and your friends are good kids doing the things that teenagers do. No permanant harm or major trauma has ever come from anyones house being toilet papered. You take care and don't ever change (IE. Don't become one of the Pod People) You're REAL and normal. Stay that way.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
lol maybe they weren't kewl enough to engage in the rituals of being a kid.

it's harmless fun, there are MUCH worse things to worry about in this world so come down off the high moral ledge, or in this post 9-11 world are kids possilibly terrorist too?

Yeah cops can be douche bags sometimes, I've been pulled over and searched and then 4 other cop cars show up because they are having a slow night and all come n shoot the # and handle me. I was like lol, good to know I'm in capable hands. They searched the ride found nothing but an empty swisher sweet pack, so he had to go on that he knew we werent stoogie men. I was like wtfevah, I'm of age so lets get on wtih it. He doesn't give any ticket to us, just did an illegal search and found jack. what a loser.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Not only are you vandal you are also ignorant. What you did is vandalism and trespassing. Based on the comments you made about your father, it would also appear that you have serious daddy issues.

I toilet papered when I was your age and never gave a thought to the mess the people had to clean up the next day. That is until the time I got busted and spent the next day cleaning the people's yard. It was only then I discovered that fact.

So grow up and quit whining, you got busted, now accept responsibilty for actions. Either that or you can continue to get even and eventually do something that will stick with you for the rest of your life.:shk:

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
^^^
oh cry me a fookin' river, so you had to clean it up, the price you pay for getting caught.

When I was a teen I had to clean up toliet paper and shoe polish at my house fairly often. Was it fair that I had to clean it cause of someone else? hell naw, but it was still funny, imo irl.

They should just put kids in jail.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
^^^
oh cry me a fookin' river, so you had to clean it up, the price you pay for getting caught.

Which was exactly my point to Ashly. Glad to know we are on the same page here.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
is it trespassing if I was to launch them from the street, eh?

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
No, just vandalism....well now wait a minute - you could possibly be charged with operating an infernal device.

Sorry best I could do on short notice.

Wait, got it. Intent to distribute.

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by Bleys]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join