It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Underwater anomoly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Okay , once again I need you guys to look at something I found and give your opinions as to what it is/was .

I personally can't see how it can be a natural formation . The lines are too straight and the curves at the ends of each are too symmetrical .

maps.google.com...,-71.426239&spn=0.46876,1.384277&t=h&z=10

Okay , that didn't work for me , maybe someone who is a little more computer savvy than myself can take those coordinates and post the image from that location ?

Here are the coordinates : Latitude 39 degrees, 5' , 33.9534"
Longitude : -70degrees, 32' , 9.9666" .

It is off the coast of New York .

[edit on 25-4-2010 by okbmd]

[edit on 25-4-2010 by okbmd]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
What/where are you referring to in your link? I assume in the Carribean, but where?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Sorry , edited to post the coordinates above .
Can you post an image of it ?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Those lines are created from the paths the ships navigated to scan the ocean floor. They use GPS to plot a course that covers the most area. no doubt the rest of that area will be filled in later after another mapping of the area is completed.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sm0k3

Well , what causes the 'lines' to be imprinted into the ocean floor ?

Just asking , as I don't know jack about this type of stuff ...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
First, understand that the totally smooth areas on the map are mostly uncharted, they are essentially blank. when a ship maps an area, they add the data scanned from the ocean directly below them, that leaves gaps between the routes they traveled. If someone looks at these maps and sees something of interest, they will most likely do a full mapping, which covers every square foot of the area ( look at the trench in the center of that area, it looks like they followed a snake like path to find the trench, then followed close to the trench to fill in the blanks )

edit to add:

another thing you may notice are parallel lines running through vast scanned areas. again, these are the routes the ships traveled to scan those areas.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by sm0k3]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sm0k3

Okay , thanks for explaining that so well .

I didn't know what to make of it , only that it certainly didn't look natural , but makes sense now .

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
no problem, I started looking into ocean mapping about the time the "Is this Atlantis?" thread popped up, if you have a chance read through those posts a bit and you will get a better idea of what your seeing.

Thread Link

edit to add link

[edit on 25-4-2010 by sm0k3]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Could be anything. You've seen the US Military building sustainable living areas in mountains and what not, probably hiding from the public underwater bases as well. Who would they believe, the media or a heretic?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I remember hearing something about this, or a similar anomaly a few years ago.
IIRC, it was caused by the wake of the boat that was doing the scanning, or something similar to that.

top topics

join