It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turtle Lake Monster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I dont believe I have heard of this Cryptid before. I live close to Saskatchewan, Canada.

Turtle lake is about 21 km long and 5 km wide. As of right now, I cant find the depth of the lake. Ill try to find it.
en.wikipedia.org...(Saskatchewan)

The Turtle Lake Monster is an alleged cryptid inhabiting Turtle Lake, in West Central Saskatchewan Canada. The creature is said to be long and have a "sea horse" like head.[1] Reports date back to pre-settlement days when the local Cree had a legend about people who ventured into the monster's territory vanishing without a trace.[1] Some have speculated that the Monster sightings may be attributed to sightings of an unusually large lake sturgeon,[2] or a relict population of prehistoric plesiosaurs.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

I googled "Turtle Lake Monster Picture" and this drawn picture showed up.

Here is an image of Turtle Lake from above.

More information and sightings, etc.
www.virtualsk.com...
www.mysteriesofcanada.com...
www.unknown-creatures.com...
(The above site says sightings date back to 1961, although the wikipedia page, says the date back further then that)

Does anyone know anything more about this cryptid?
Im always interested in hearing about new cryptids, so finding one that apparently is located close to me is pretty neat.

Cheers

[edit on 25-4-2010 by FoxMulder91]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Interesting, I tried to find something on Cryptomundo but couldn't find any more information.

I always like these lake and sea monster stories.

Until the moment it was proved that the giant squid (architeus dux) really existed, it was regarded as a myth too.

Who knows what is still out there to discover? I am glad that there are still people searching.

new topics

join