It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First contact - a short study

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Forgive me if this has already been posted, I did a search and did not see anything related to the article.

This article is by Lee Irwin Pringle and was posted on April, 23, 2010.
I found it on coasttocoastam.com's article section

It talks about lessons from history about first contact, making first contact and receiving first contact.

As many probably know by now, Stephen Hawking believes humans should avoid trying to make contact with aliens.

Here's the author's opinion on first contact and what their motives could be.

personally believe First Contact has already been made and was made too early, at a time when the Earth was not ready, probably in the late 1940’s. We were still very tribal and had just ended another World War by dropping an Atomic Bomb on a population. Contact was limited to secret meetings with Earth’s best scientists. Only now are we starting to see the beginnings of the process leading to First Contact. It may take another 200 years before we’re ready, but we are seeing the birth of our first global civilisation, a pre-requisite necessary before First Contact can be made.

So, what could THEIR motives be? Some argue that they can’t be hostile, because if they were, they’d have attacked by now. Not necessarily. It’s possible the visitors so far have been scouts, checking us out before backup arrives. Maybe we’ve over estimated their industrial capabilities, it could be they’re building up their forces as I write this. All I’m saying is we shouldn’t get too complacent.

Hopefully, they come in the name of Galactic peace and brotherhood. If not, we’ll go the same way as the Aztecs, Native Americans and Aboriginals.

(There's more included in the article)
www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

I found this article intesting and I think some others here will also.

Cheers

[edit on 25-4-2010 by FoxMulder91]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hi Fox,

More and more I am beginning to have a disbelieve in things like disclosure and world peace.

Why?

Because of one issue that I fear never will be resolved.

Globalism vs Nationalism/Patriotism.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Grey Magic]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

Hello Grey Magic, thanks for the response.
So do you think those things will ever happen because people only care about their own countries, instead of the world as a whole?

Cheers

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Well if the globalist were out to unite this world for the good and benefit of mankind to get to a higher class civilization and were honest about it I think it would even be possible.

But since the current agenda pushing for globalism is out for world control and as much profit as possible, while using the media, racism, religion, politics, financial classes to divide us even more I don't think it will happen in my lifetime and I am getting 32 next month.

I sometimes wish I wasn't born on this backwards planet.

GM

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

Thats an interesting theory.
Why though would that prevent aliens from making themselves known?
Perhaps the government wont give us disclosure, but aliens still might make themselves known.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

join