It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need tech help here!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Been a member for awhile now, and I still can't get my avatar to show up in posts. I checked the guidelines, made sure I resized it to the standard, etc, but it never shows. No idea what else to try at this stage, and help deeply appreciated!

Another thing, I can't seem to post in color. I have tried, and even previewed the posts, and in the preview they show up in green, but when I click to post them, they are in black, and the coding shows as text. Have tried by placing all in the little pop up box, and also by simply clicking ok on that, and typing between the code, as I have done on other sites. Has to be something I am missing, but at a loss to figure out what that could be. Any help appreciated!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Here ya go, I re-uploaded it for you: files.abovetopsecret.com...

Just click the link, copy the url, and paste it in the avatar box in Member Tools > ATS Account Settings.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Where are you uploading your avatar to? To get mine to show I had to upload it to the media section of the site, not through the member tools, and then post the image link into my profile.

For the text color, I believe it doesn't work right if you use apostrophes. Not sure why, but I'm pretty sure that's what I read in a thread awhile back.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

WOOT! It worked! TYTYTYTYTYTYTY! Doing a happy dance here!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Image all fixed; could not get it onto the site, I guess. No idea on the text, but will keep your suggestion in mind. Hey, what do you know - it worked!!

[edit on 25-4-2010 by LadyGreenEyes]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well,I feel your pain for sure on most of those issues.

When you upload a photo in to your "my photos" there seems to be an option to set it as your avatar.

This is not the avatar you see when posting!

It is only your avatar for your media portal.

Why the TPTB here don't have one link that will take you to your "My photos",My profile", "My ATS" and a user friendly interface is beyond my
comprehension.

Wouldn't it be nice if "My ATS" included all your photos,account information and profile etc.

I suppose it is so they can pad their thread count with threads like this one.

As for the color changing code.

Make sure the code is correct and no spaces inside the brackets, like this,example.[ /color] Notice the closing bracket there is a space before the forward slash.

If I close up the space it will be like this example.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Oneolddude]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Yep, it worked. A bit hard to read for me though.

new topics

top topics

join