It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptics are bad...sniffle sniffle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
So many threads on how the skeptics or debunkers are in the way of the truth. It's not true..we all want the same thing...it is just that we choose not to you use rational thought and reasoning when looking at something. To me the believers of aliens are here theory are totally void of those two thoughts. You watch a video or look at a photo of UFO and proclaim it to the world as the best ever...when someone comes along with reason and logic and views it...they see the faults and then it becomes apparent that it is fake or something natural. You believers have so much faith without any valid evidence to back it up...I consider you guys to be a sort of new religion with religious beliefs.You have the exact same critical thinking skills that a person of fanatical religous views does. It is all based on heresay, blurry pictures and etc...for instance you believe it when someone tells you there are 50 plus aliens species vistiting earth with no evidence to back it up.. a christian/muslim/etc will believe someone when they say they have seen thier diety or whatever. You see a photo of a UFO and automatically believe it is alien....the christia/muslim/etc will see a picture taken of something that could be anything but is not clear but the outline resembles something but will claim it is of thier diety...etc. I am saying that you all have so-callled evidence to back your claims up and in the end...the evidence is junk and not good enough for mainstream and only good enough for open minded(ie..they believe anything) individuals...ie the person who has a thread going about a building on the moon when it is obviously a picture or model of the moon surface.

I would also like to see qualifications of people when posting or making a thread on such subjects as Archeology, Astronomy, Astro physics and other subjects when attemptiing to explain thier beliefs in the Aliens are here. You know the types...making threads on subjects like....here is proof of ancient aliens...and then post pics and give thier version of what it means..or here is another planet/star in our solar system..and then give thier views on the subject. Also people should making claims such as the best evidence ever of photos/videos of UFOs without allowing those with some video/photo background take a look. Just because you play around with photoshop or another program does not make you an expert.
. Also stop your threads with....UFO...debunkers debunk this...because when it is debunked you do not like the answers and get confrontational.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

I'm guessing this is directed at me
sniffle sniffle

I have tried to emphasize in my thread that not all but some skeptics wont see any reason at all. Not ALL only some

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I don't mind skeptics, in fact skeptics cause me to reinforce my arguments or point of views to a deeper degree. Skepticism is good.

However, the vitrollic and hateful condescension of some I do find distastful. I don't mind someone not agreeing with me, but when I refuse to submit or relinquish my point of view, there are those that resort to explitives and verbal bullying...really immature stuff.

As for qualifications, that was not part of the conditions for being here. There should be no qualifications... we all have opinions and that along with validation is all that is asked. Let's face it, if a PHD is required to discuss the aeronautics of an unknown craft, then the interest and traffic on this site will decline... the front office here and the advertisers do not want that.

In the end, I think a bit more civility and maturity are all that is needed. Thanks skeptics.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
I don't mind skeptics, in fact skeptics cause me to reinforce my arguments or point of views to a deeper degree. Skepticism is good.
snip
In the end, I think a bit more civility and maturity are all that is needed. Thanks skeptics.

Intelligent skepticsm should be the goal of all interested in UFOlogy and attending forums such as this one. Unfortunately, common sense, reason, and logic are as far away from most as are the planets they think contain life! It takes work to develop the three and very few achieve that clarity because they are believers without realizing why they are believers. Which is mental conditioning. The world's most difficult challenge is realizing and then freeing yourself from the mental conditioning grip. Cult deprogrammers deal with this and they express the difficulty they go through with cult victims.

link   
There is a difference in between being skeptical, and being skeptical because of your beliefs. Carl Sagan, was a true skeptic (even though I do not like labels) Compared to the idiotic excuses like Randi and Dawkins today, who think they actually know everything about life. Pshh

link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by kerazeesicko

I'm guessing this is directed at me
sniffle sniffle

I have tried to emphasize in my thread that not all but some skeptics wont see any reason at all. Not ALL only some

You aren't the only person that makes threads bashing skeptics, you know.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Skeptics have nothing to do with rational thoughts.

All secret societies are based on the occult, and thats guessing and whispers in the ear.

So our leaders are using this system of dreaming, guessing and whispers in teh ear, and you call that rational. You do not know the world too well, if you think its 5 senses lol.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

I wasnt bashing

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by hippomchippo

I wasnt bashing

Yes, but if you notice, your thread was closed because the same thing has been said again and again, by countless others, so this thread really isn't just about you.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This topics of skeptics are bad or skeptics verse believers has been discussed on many many threads. There is no need to start a brand new one which does not provide anything new but is only a rehash of the same people, same responses over and over again.

So, please add to the ongoing discussions here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

Mod Note: ATS Search – Please Use This Link.

top topics

join