It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UAE calls again on Iran to end islands "occupation"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

UAE calls again on Iran to end islands "occupation"

www.reuters.com

(Reuters) - The foreign minister of the United Arab Emirates refused to back down in the face of Iranian anger and repeated Sunday his call for Tehran to end its "occupation" of three islands in the Gulf.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I don't believe the Iranian administration will listen to the demands of such a small country like UAE... I mean, don't they purchase most of their oil from Iran?...

Anyways... I think the news is shining anything negative against Iran to posture for acceptance in an assault on their Nuclear Facilities...

Anything to bolster approval.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

So you're saying that anything that comes out that doesn't benefit Iran is bad? I mean this incident has nothing to do with the West, but yet it is affiliated with us going to war with Iran? Maybe it's a sign that Iran (Government, not the people) really isn't the innocent kid that everyone likes to think about them.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Not only that, but it's coming from Reuters of all places. After the shenanigans that happened with wikileaks, do you think Reuters would want to "back up the west"? News is news, there's countless of other news sources that post anything negative about the "west" when they get the chance, but that's OK? Come on man...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

The UAE deosn't purchase oil from anywhere! Abu Dhabi (one of the seven Emirates that make up the United arab Emirates), is one of the world's biggest oil producers - they are sitting on something like 15% of the world's oil reserves.

This is a long running territorial dispute over some islands in the gulf - a bit like the Argentina/UK duspute over the Falklands, although i think the UAE has a better case for sovereignty than Argentina....

Interesting though - the UAE was the biggest purchaser of arms in the internatioanl market last year (already noted elsewhere on ATS), and they arte one of the gulf nations that will benefit from the US missile defence system (along with the likes of Kuwait and Bahrain, Qatar).

They are a strong ally of the US in the gulf, if a bit "less heard of" than other nations in the region, and are planning to partner the US or share technology in a planned nuclear energy deal.

I think thids is just the latest round in their sword waving spat with Iran. All mouth and no trousers. Nothing will come of it,

new topics

top topics

join