It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LETTER FROM NASA SCIENTIST Creates More Questions? Rogue Planet Alert!

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Refer back to the OP Video and the original photos from the dates April 21-26. The original photos since April 21-26 all had long tale that and much more brighter in size that the one you just posted form today (there are more photos of this in the thread, also mentioned by DarkspARCS).

You mentioned that was done via "over saturation of the sensors", but that was not consistent with any previously photos planets. Also as of today the so called "Over Saturation of the sensors" is gone?!?

April 21-26th (Note: the brightness and tale consistent through out the 5 days)

April 26th (Note: after people questioning NASA the data become unavailable for few hours)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ac874a058e2a.png[/atsimg]

April 27th (Note: the tail is gone and the size of the bright spot is smaller)

What I'm getting at is that when NASA took down the photos for the few hours the manually removed the tale and the size of the light as you can see in the above images. My comment is that it can not be over saturation of the sensors otherwise todays photo and the future ones will have the same effect. Something stinks here...

[edit on 27-4-2010 by freighttrain]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

The images which are first put up are low quality "beacon mode" images. When the high quality "science data" becomes available it replaces the low quality images...always. This is nothing new, it has been going on since the satellites were launched. The artifacts are made worse by the low quality.

STEREO has two separate telemetry streams coming down from each spacecraft, the space weather beacon telemetry, and the science recorder playback telemetry. The beacon telemetry contains the most recent data and images, and is transmitted 24 hours per day. A volunteer network of antenna stations around the world collect as much as possible of this real-time data stream, and send it to the STEREO Science Center for processing. However, because the beacon telemetry rate is very low, the images need to be compressed by large factors, and are thus of much lower quality than the actual science data.

The science data collected by the STEREO spacecraft are written to the on-board recorder, which is then read out and transmitted to the ground during daily telemetry tracks using the NASA Deep Space Network. These data are of much higher quality than the beacon data, but take several days to reach the STEREO Science Center website. Thus, the most recent images on the STEREO Science Center browse tool will always be beacon images. These temporary beacon images are replaced with the full-quality versions as they become available, generally about 2-3 days later.

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I have to disagree here freighttrain.

The science from 100 years ago has been enhanced greatly. But it's not as if it was completely shown to be wrong either. Science encompasses a vast amount of knowledge. Let's consider astronomy. The law of gravitational attraction appears to still hold. The model for the interaction of celestial objects still holds. We have a better idea how nuclear processes work. We have a better idea of the age of the universe. We have a vastly different model of the origin of the universe. Does learning shut down the evolution into the next level? Well no. I don't believe that happens. There are refinements and improvements in our knowledge of the world about us. That's good. One of those refinements of course was the improvement in measurements of the orbits of the known planets. These excluded the possibility of a new planet or other large celestial object close to the orbits of the known planets. An open mind does not mean taking every whimsical, implausible statement with the same weight as well proven and tested ideas. You may prefer to "observe... research... and express". I prefer to find evidence on which decisions can be based. Fair enough? You do things your way and I'll do things my way.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Note: Go back to the site and look for the dates 21-26, imaged dated from April 21-24 has been updated to Hi-Res images and guess what.. the tail of the size of the images are consistent with the low res image. Images date 25-27 are sill in low res and are NOW missing the tail and the size is differ. So Hi-res and Low-res images are CONSISTENT through out.

This still does not explain what the tail on the images were and why suddenly they got removed. My previous comment still stands! Please let me know if there are any other explanations

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
The OP was just looking for some insight as to what he believes is something different in the sky.

No, the OP was obviously trying to hoax ATSers. That is why the title of his video is "Nibiru Exists! We have two weeks left! For Real!". If he was truly curious, he would have at least tried to figure out what the object was BEFORE he made all these dumb misleading videos and titles.

The OP got lucky, normally hoaxers posting knowingly false information get banned. He was able to back-paddle his words, and tip-toe around admins.

It's one thing to go around and express your opinion, but it is a completely different thing to go around and directly ignore simple FACTS and TRUTHS and lie to people about them.

When you say "people should be allowed to express their opinions", I agree, but I don't agree that people should be allowed to perpetrate incorrect information for no reason at all.

That is like allowing school teachers to teach their kids "the Earth is flat" in the face of all the evidence against it. At what point do you tell the teacher she is wrong and lying to her kids? Are you going to protect the teacher and say it's ok for her to express her opinions? It's NOT ok in this case, because it goes against FACTS and what is TRUE.

As was stated before if you do not like what is on this thread move on to something else.

Ok, let me turn my back on uneducated people who are trying to hoax other people on ATS. Sure.... let me just allow people to make fools of other people.

And my final words on this is a simulation is great but it is not the gospel as things change every second and it may not always be the same thing that is going on in real time. I don't understand the whole of what is going on in space and and as far as I know nobody else does either.

Ignorance at it's best.

The planets in our solar system follow the same path year after year after year. Because of this, we are able to make models and simulations of our planets, and we can even predict the exact position of the planets by the date and time! There is no mistake when determining the position of planets.

What the OP did was COMPLETELY IGNORE the positions of the planets in order to perpetrate his hoax. He had to completely ignore the fact that Venus is exactly in the spot he is pointing at!

What the OP is trying to do, is convince the people that these models are wrong, and that Venus is not Venus! You have to be completely insane to suddenly try to claim Venus is something else! People like myself, and others, have been watching Venus this entire time! To have some guy step in and try to tell us it isn't Venus is just plain stupidity!

The only people who doubt it is Venus are the people who don't really have a care in the world about astronomy, and couldn't point to any planets in the sky if their life depended on it. These are the people who are "unsure", the people who have no clue what they are talking about.

Believe it or not, there is a large group of astronomers on the internet! They look at this topic and laugh! Some guy seriously just tried to call Venus, Nibiru!

To defend the OP is to defend ignorance. That is a disgrace to ATS and humanity.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by tOhNeE]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

We're just starting to understand a bit of quantum physics and even that surprised us in understand what we "thought' we knew about subatomic particles and how they behave. We can't explain dark matter so we give it a name and accept it, without a true understanding of what it is. We don't know why planets spin and some counter spin, etc... Never the less for the ancients had many novel ideas about the shape of the earth. The Babylonians thought the earth was hollow. The Egyptians thought the earth is a square with mountains at the edge supporting the vault of the sky. This belief system went on for thousands of years (with what they considered evidence at the time), so majority bluntly accepted it as norm and anyone questioning this got bashed and killed in most cases as it challenged the accepted theory by majority and questioned their ego.

So today, we 'think' we can explain everything... but what's so different then the past, the only difference is we are now more evolved... but still kill one another, people starve all over the world, we work majority of our lives just to get by, bash each others belief, threaten people that question the obvious (hint; 911, landing on moon, etc..) simply because it's NOT supported by majority.

They had evidence and proof back in the day with their standards as we do today. No different! We're still as cruel as we were back then to each other all based on belief systems, they used philosophy, theory and science to make their understanding and we do the same today. We are NO different then we were, other then having more toys and "better" understanding of our world.

So what I'm trying to say is that just "because" we "think" we know how to explain things with the means of science/theory, doesn't reject other views as they "may" be MORE valid then what we can prove '"today" as tomorrow shall bring NEW ideas, technology, theories that may completely contradict what we "thought" we proved yesterday!

Science is an exploring means of experiments and is NOT a diffenent solution to all unknowns issues. Be OPEN minded and remove ALL filters so you can see clearly, otherwise we'll be stuck in todays world and NEVER evolve as are ego take the best of us!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by themovement1
MY EVIDENCE WILL BE WHEN NASA OR PEOPLE LIKE YOU CANT DENY THE FACT THAT IT ISINT VENUS... SO IN THE MEANTIME ENJOY YOUR COVER STORY , YOU PROBABLY ALREADY HAVE A ONEWAY TICKET TO ONE OF THE UNDERGROUND BASES OUT THERE AND YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS ARE LAUGHING THIS UP ADD ANOTHER FOOL TO THE IGNORE LIST.

What good is an underground base when the Earth cracks open like an eggshell and the ocean comes rushing in?
Don't forget to pack a snorkel!
Me, I have a one way ticket to Pandora.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Yes, the effect changes as the planet moves across the field of view.
Venus...2008

Do you think it is not Venus?

[edit on 4/27/2010 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

The planets have been following the same path since humans were able to measure them. This is why we have models and simulations of our solar system which are very accurate to the date and time.

Please tell me, what changed? From April 21st and before that, what changed? NOTHING.

Just like usual, Venus is passing by the Sun and it is showing up on our satellites that watch the Sun! There is nothing out of the ordinary except a bunch of uneducated people mistaking Venus for something else!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Damn, it IS Venus!
I was wondering what it was. I was completely ignoring "tohnee" because of his attitude; he kept calling everyone who disagreed with him "uneducated" and "fools" Anyway, I just saw what "phage" posted and I'm agreeing. IT IS VENUS. I was hoping it would be an unknown planet! ha psych!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
We Will still keep track of this thing on whatever it is,

Oh and you two if your so so so smart and with an Higher IQ why dont you work with NASA then, i am sure NASA would quickly hire you.

After all let me repeat my statement, NASA lied to us about the moon, even the moon rocks which were brought back are fake, the moon landing is fake, we are skipping the moon.

www.physorg.com...
Fake Rocks, fake landing get the point?

So Why should we trust NASA again?

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Do you think it is not Venus?

At this point, I'm 99% convinced that we've identified this object as Venus....although I will be keeping my eye on it
My only other question is, why does it appear to be in a much lower orbit than where Venus usually comes in? Or does this vary?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2fb325a06859.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 27-4-2010 by discl0sur3]

[edit on 27-4-2010 by discl0sur3]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

The notion that we can explain everything goes back hundreds of years. It certainly is not a recent notion. In ancient times the thoughts about the earth and its structure were based on very little knowledge of the world. They were mythological in nature and based on no evidence. We could say that these ideas were based on unfiltered, OPEN minded musings.

You ask what is different. Lots of things are different including the scientific method. The issues of starvation and other issues are distractions. The issue is being able to better collect and develop information about the world about us. To claim that we are no different than they are is a strawman argument. The question is not whether we are the same, but rather that we employ a different method to understand the world.

Your conclusion of completely overturning entire fields of science is wrong. Your proof is your claim that mythology is science. It's not. It wasn't back then and isn't today. It fails when used by Velikovskians or Sitchin or others.

The claim that finding and following evidence is not OPEN minded. That's false. Removing all filters to see clearly is also false. That's asking me to take every claim with equal weight regardless of the claim. That's not a good idea. The notion that we'll get stuck is wrong as well.

Being OPEN minded does not mean you have to believe every idea proposed.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

You are oh so wrong about the moon landings. I was wondering why all the venom in the posts. Thanks for explaining it.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

lol i am so wrong on the moon landings? well then smart one Why are we skipping it? i don't see any proof we landed on the moon, of course expect the russian drone which was send to the moon.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by iSeeKEnlightenment8o5

Ignore facts because someone has an attitude, convenient excuse.

I like how you ignore the fact that I was insulted many many times just for telling people it is Venus! (the truth) You didn't ignore all those people when they gave me attitude, did you.

I wasn't calling them uneducated because they were disagreeing with me, I was calling them that because their posts and opinion proved it to be true.

If you disagree with me on this topic, it means you don't have the basic knowledge of the rotation of the planets which is taught in elementary school. It means you are uneducated in astronomy. It's not an insult, it's the truth. If you can't handle it, then go educate yourself in astronomy.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

Yes, it varies.
The orbit of Venus is inclined 3.86º compared to the Sun's equator. Depending on where it is in its orbit it can be above or below the Sun.

The orbit of the STEREO satellites are also inclined so, depending on where they are in their orbits, they will have different points of view relative to the Sun.

You really should use the "Where is Stereo" tool.
stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Yeah, they faked the moon landings and then decided to give away petrified wood as real moon rock. That makes a whole lot of sense.

You a Jarrah White, Ralph Rene and David Percy follower by any chance?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

The planets are not all exactly orbiting on the same plane. We measure things from our reference point. The earth orbits on a plane called the ecliptic. Venus has an orbital plane which is tilted about 3.5 degrees from the ecliptic. So depending on where in the orbit we see Venus we see it to be a little higher lower when it is projected against the sun.

The moon orbit is also not in ecliptic. That's why the tides differs from month to month. It takes about 19 years for the tidal cycles to repeat.

Not really sure but I think that it takes about 8 years for the cycle of crossings for Venus to begin repeating.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

..because the two images were taken at different dates. Both Venus and the satellites are in different positions in their orbit. Venus and the satellites are not stationary, they are moving around different orbits that are not level, and they are not both parallel to each other.

I already explained that to gamma 49.

You can use this tool to view the orbits:
secchi.nrl.navy.mil...

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36 >>

join