It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LETTER FROM NASA SCIENTIST Creates More Questions? Rogue Planet Alert!

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Thanks for the clarification Phage - I was not aware that the imagery was warped by the actual camera...

I however have one last thing about this to watch - pertaining to the hi1 ahead footage. I need to wait for the CME scramble to clear up so I can possibly see what it is that comes back onto the screen and appears to be moving away rather fast from the camera in the direction that object came from.

It may be nothing more than one of the fast moving little doowidgets we always see in these images, but this doowidget isn't that small.. lol, and is about the same size as the object that is being called Venus.

maybe it was the camera crew taking off in that fast moving airforce shuttle.... going to take lunch

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

They are lens flares. They are pretty obvious lens flares.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by daz__

Planets do not have tails.

If you are going to expect peopet to just take you'r word for this statement then at least get your facts straight. Get out you'r google or whatever and try do a little research. I will provide you with at least one link. You can do the rest you'rself.

I repeat planets do have tails.

Boston University Astronomers Map Full Extent Of Mercury's Comet-Like Tail

www.spacedaily.com... orts/Boston_University_Astronomers_Map_Full_Extent_Of_Mercury_Comet_Like_Tail_999.html

Boston University astronomers released new images of Mercury that capture both the source regions of and, for the first time, the extraordinary length of the planet's comet-like tail. Earlier research had mapped-out Mercury's sodium gas tail to approximately 40,000 kilometers, but planetary scientists from BU's Center for Space Physics (CSP) have found that the tail can extend more than 2.5 million kilometers, or 1.5 million miles, from the planet.

please deny ignorance and desist from spreading disinformation..

peace

daz

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by daz__

I am aware that planet's have these tenuous paths of ions. But it was also quite clear that these planetary tails are not visible. Thanks for your clarification, but you also needed to mention that the tail you refer to is not visible.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

These planetry tails can in fact be seen. As I stated in an earlier post that in around the month of August the Gegenschein can be seen on the anti-solar side of earth. It is a feint glow but it can be seen none the less. Look it up. I am not trying to BS you.

peace to you

daz

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Right

Where are we then?
Has this been cleared up yet or not?
Is there, Isnt there something heading this way?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

there would seem to be a good concensus on the object being venus although 1 or two pages back someone gave a good argument for it being a comet having it's trajectory changed by a CME. I should have starred that but didn't.

daz

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
So what is it then? I was getting lost off some pages back.

What i do find interesting and this is solely my opinion, is that 2 weeks was mentioned, and theres a thread on here on a hole in the sun and possible flare? Could there be a connection between the 2?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 27-4-2010 by jazz10]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by daz__

I do know about the gegenschein and it is not a tail.

Gegenschein - wikipedia

Like the zodiacal light the gegenschein is sunlight reflected by interplanetary dust. Most of this dust is orbiting the sun in about the ecliptic plane, with a possible concentration of particles at the L2 Earth-Sun Lagrangian point.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by daz__

CMEs do not change a comet's trajectory. At best they can change the tail. The comet nucleus maintains its trajectory.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Just out of curiousity Stereologist. How would you explain this? www.youtube.com... . Based on where the comet ends and it's trajectory at the beginning, I definitely see a somewhat curved trajectory.

[edit on 4/27/10 by ElijahWan]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ElijahWan

The comet moves in an orbit that is elliptical. The position of the camera is also in an elliptical orbit. The camera is pointing at the sun. Notice how the stars in the background move across the field of view. This tells us that the spacecraft is moving. The path of the comet across the field of view is the result of its curved orbit and the curved orbit of the observer.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
ElijahWan here is an article on the interaction between a CME and a comet.

Comet Collides With Solar Hurricane

It's pretty fascinating stuff. The video you provided was for comet NEAT. I was not able to find a place where someone estimated the size of the nucleus other than to characterize it as a typical small nucleus.

The actual nucleus of the comet is hard to see because of the 'fog' of material boiling off. The trajectories of comets are hard to predict because the materials coming off of a comet can alter its course.

Comet - wikipedia
There is a short movie on the wikipedia showing the comet losing its tail.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by smirnoffsky

Originally posted by dotkix
what is this about? a defective camera lens or alien invasion!

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

First thing that came into mind after viewing the image was this old thread about an "alien factory" in the skunk works section.

Here's a link to that thread:

EDIT: another image

Just for the record.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by smirnoffsky]

[edit on 26-4-2010 by smirnoffsky]

it reminds me of ...... 2010 Space odyessy you know the monoliths !
the pic you posted did Author C Clark Knew something we didn't ? as seeing monoliths from NASA moon ? lol

it it be ! quick send a many filtered probe !

www.search.com...:_The_Year_We_Make_Contact

second picture !
Leonov's telescope observations reveal that the Great Black Spot is in fact a vast population of monoliths, increasing at an exponential rate.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Those pictures demonstrate something called motion parallax. Closer objects move further across the field of view than farther objects. This is an important method used by the brain to resolve distances to objects in the field of view. In virtual environment helmet mounted displays show the same image to each eye. Users thin they see 3d because of the power of motion parallax experienced while using the helmet.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
You know I have followed this since the beginning and the one thing I do not understand is that if a person believes that it is something other than Venus/Mercury that is their god given right. That is their opinion or belief. If they are right or wrong it doesn't matter they have the right to their own opinio. This is not intended to go to anyone imparticular it is for everyone. To call someone dumb or uneducate is rediculous. Let people believe what they want and move on about your day. The OP was just looking for some insight as to what he believes is something different in the sky. Their is no reason trying to keep jamming things down anyones throat so that you can feel superior to all. As was stated before if you do not like what is on this thread move on to something else. As for me I don't know wether it is venus or not I am not out there in person to find out. And my final words on this is a simulation is great but it is not the gospel as things change every second and it may not always be the same thing that is going on in real time. I don't understand the whole of what is going on in space and and as far as I know nobody else does either.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I find it interesting that if people bring evidence into play, then the response is often that you're trying to be superior. No. The game in a discussion such as this is to bring evidence onto the table to make it possible to arrive an some type of informed decision. The other ploy I see so often is the ploy that goes "I don't know, and no else knows either." That's what discussions are all about - learning new info and trying to understand how the world about is works.

In this case evidence was presented from predictions of planetary positions, optical studies, gravity studies, satellites, news articles, scientific journals, and NASA employees. This was a wide range of information to digest and it pointed conclusively at the answer as Venus.

During the presentation of this evidence questions and denials arose. Statements were made about comets, interplanetary dust, books, myths, etc. These other pieces of evidence were also evaluated.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

How come only this one object has a tail this long and bright... if it's the same camera and you're saying it's the over saturation of the sensors then shouldn't ALL planets have the same effect?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I encourage everyone to listen to this TED "Jill Tarter: Why the search for alien intelligence matters", specially since the skeptics need a bit of a reminder to KEEP an OPEN EYE and stop bashing things that don't fit in their little scientific world!

Science is evolving, what we new a hundred years ago is not something VERY different, what we know today is so little accurate compared to what we'll learn that basing ALL your belief and facts into only these tools will shut you down from evolving into the next level.

Science is an experiment and not a different tool to explain everything... so be open minded and STOP bashing people that question beyond your understanding! Don't let your ego stop you from exploring and experimenting the beyond.

How does this relate to this topic? When trying to explain something that obviously so many have contradictory reasonings, by changing your perspective filter, you can see and understand things that one may have disregarded since it doesn't fit the ones' ego! That does go both ways, not just for the skeptic but also for the believers... we BOTH need to work together to move forward, until then we're always going to be divided and never move a step forward. Be understanding of one another, research with out biased opinion, don't try to "prove' anything.... observe... research... and express...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 27-4-2010 by freighttrain]

[edit on 27-4-2010 by freighttrain]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

I don't see anything "long". All I see is a blob of saturated pixels.

Venus quite a bit brighter than the other planets so has more of an effect. But others do it too.

Mercury:

[edit on 4/27/2010 by Phage]

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join