It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LETTER FROM NASA SCIENTIST Creates More Questions? Rogue Planet Alert!

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Supernatural

yes that is correct,in 2010 venus would be just above the suns equator. This objects path would be in the 2015 way above the sun.

You can look for yourself www.lunarplanner.com and skroll down.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gamma 49

You are WRONG.

...and you can check yourself here:

secchi.nrl.navy.mil...

Venus will pass right over the top of the Sun... not even near its equator.

Check your facts.

Venus is in STEREO A's viewpoint. CASE CLOSED.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by tOhNeE]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

The "tail" is a result of oversaturation of the sensor by the bright light from Venus. It isn't actually there.

Planets (and moons, as a matter of fact) do have a tail of sorts but nothing like what is seen from a comet. Earth's tail is composed of charged particles trapped by the magnetosphere and dragged away by the solar wind. It is extremely thin, not visible to the naked eye. It's hardly even there, only slightly less than a perfect vacuum. The zodiacal light has nothing to do with it.

What you are seeing in the HI1 images is Mercury (as I said before). It leaves the frame then returns after "rounding" its orbit from the point of view of the satellite. It will continue across the frame, this time passing "in front" of the Sun.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by tOhNeE

you are 100% wrong www.lunarplanner.com skroll down and it shows venus just above the equator in 2012 look

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Ok just been at youtube looking to see whether or not people have seen the strange object by my surprise.

England
www.youtube.com...

phoenix
www.youtube.com...

Greece
www.youtube.com...

SunDogs Sun lers? Hoaxers

How can they hoax that?

Why dont you write them an email to see if they faked it?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Thanks for the mind candy - Simply put, an object that big would be visible, unless it happens not to emit light. (Maby it eats light ;]) The Soho video and pictures would simply be the reflection of light from the sun - I don't have the time to dig & see if anyone mentioned this - Cheers. MITMCMXCIX

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

phage i have observed you for over 2 years now! you have sound advice from time to time, but what do you have to gain guess i am asking if there was a govt that was legit you would be it, we all know that is bs, so what is your contribution>? thanks op great post!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by gamma 49
yes that is correct,in 2010 venus would be just above the suns equator.

Originally posted by gamma 49
you are 100% wrong www.lunarplanner.com skroll down and it shows venus just above the equator in 2012 look

Make up your mind! 2012, or 2010?

I went to that stupid website that you are promoting, and it doesn't have ANY orbit simulators, just words. I am looking at a solar system simulator, not words!

Also, it's spelled "scroll" not "skroll".

It's Venus! See Venus is exactly where it should be.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tOhNeE

Thats my point,the object your calling venus would pass above the sun. so this can,t be venus

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by gamma 49

Lunar planner is looking at Venus from the viewpoint of Earth. STEREO A is now 3.8º above the Heliocentric Earth Equatorial (Earth is about 4.6º below it). The satellite is above the ecliptic. Venus is where it is supposed to be.

STEREO-B Earth STEREO-A

Heliographic (HEEQ) longitude -70.967 -0.000 68.804
Heliographic (HEEQ) latitude -6.776 -4.558 3.761

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

[edit on 4/27/2010 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Well, I told myself I would not post in this thread because we already had the answer way back in the beginning.

The object you are seeing in this particular image is Venus passing behind the sun.

This is not the first time it has been seen. In fact, the last time Venus was caught passing this view, it also had its friend Mercury with it. You may even be able to catch Saturn crossing way in the background.

To see the images the last time Venus, Mercury, and yes, even possibly Saturn were caught by this satellite simply go to the following page and enter the following information.

Site: stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

Telescope: Ahead COR 2

StartDate: 20080720

EndDate: 20080816

Resolution: 256x256 (you can try others, but bigger than this will take a while to load, if at all)

Display: Slideshow

After this information is entered hit Search button on the right side.

Allow the images to load fully and enjoy the show.

What you will see

You will see Venus already in frame on the right hand side and moving slowly towards the left. You will then see Mercury also enter the frame, moving rapidly and catching up with Venus. Mercury has a faster orbital velocity and thus why it seems to "catch up" with Venus. After all Mercury was named after the swift-footed Roman messenger god, Mercury.

You may also catch Saturn in the background very faintly moving as well.

You can see these alignments easily using the Stereo location maps found here:

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

Simply enter any date in between 7/20/2008 and 8/16/2008, be sure to choose the "Inner solar system (Mars)" option, and you will see the alignments correlate with the telescope.

I am not certain why all the fuss of what is so obviously normal phenomenon that has occurred before, and is occurring again. It seems to me that there are more motives at work in this thread beyond just the discussion of what we are seeing. It also seems to me that there may be some newer members that may in fact be the same member(s) talking to themselves purely to keep this thread on the front page as long as possible.

And before it is questioned; Yes, I am a scientist and have attended University for my Bachelor of Science Degree. However it does not take a scientist to see the substantial evidence that has been placed before us.

If you still do not believe that this is a normal planetary transit around the sun, then I am afraid there is nothing more I can do to convince you of this, and I am more than happy to agree to disagree. I cannot and will not try to force anyone to believe something they have already dismissed as being false. Doing so inevitably leads to bloodshed and war as has been shown throughout history on a wide variety of subjects.

Also a note on decorum for new members in this thread. Please, please, please respect one another, as it is mandatory on these forums. I have been a member for a long time here (and lurked for a long time before that) and I implore you to please respect one another. We are a community here and respect in the community is a must. I am afraid that if you do not heed these warnings, your stay with us may come to an abrupt halt.

On that note, I thank you for taking the time to read this and following the instructions I have posted above.

Edited for spelling.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by xmaddness]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by xmaddness

Thanks for your very informative post! Sanity at last!

I totally agree with you that there is a something fishy going on with this topic, and there is some type of agenda. It is quite obvious to me.

This topic should have been thrown in the HOAX forum long ago. It was an obvious attempt at a HOAX, and watching the OP back-peddle to save his name was proof of that.

It's sad when people would rather believe lies than obvious truths.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
It's obvious that the people who say this is not venus are the only ones who are being allowed to post...your right that there is an agenda...clearly.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOWILLFALL

Hmm, well I'm still allowed to post. I think
At first I really wanted to look at the images and conclude it was something other than Venus. I'm an avid ET believer , which I admit , sometimes clouds my judgment from time to time, even though the two subjects aren't exactly completely connected. However. after taking the time to do some research, as well as opening up a astronomy program I'm quite fond of called "Starry Night Enthusiast" it didn't take long for me to realize I was mistaken on first glance. Just based on the extra 30 minutes I spent researching the topic instead of just focusing on the images, I too have concluded that it is Venus.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOWILLFALL

yep
2nd line'
not sure why, but sure as the earth will produce another sunlight what you just said is truth!
kinda thinking that we are on to something. owe hell willl the truth come out?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Ok just been at youtube looking to see whether or not people have seen the strange object by my surprise.

England
www.youtube.com...

phoenix
www.youtube.com...

Greece
www.youtube.com...

SunDogs Sun lers? Hoaxers

How can they hoax that?

Why dont you write them an email to see if they faked it?

Thanks. Now I'm going to GRIPE. YOUTUBE is like MTV3 these days, WTF??? (remember when mtv *actually* played music vids before it became a reality show fiasco??) What's with the damn music videos??? Those videos could have been HALF as long without all the BS.

YT posters need to stop making EVERY video an EFFING music video! That trend has got OLD a REALLY long time ago.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

For the sake of humanity, I hope you are not serious. You are not using that to support the OP's claims are you?

You know that clouds = water/ice, and water/ice reflects light right? Every single one of those videos had clouds next to the Sun, reflecting light.

To think a sun dog is another object in the sky is equivalent to thinking the sun's reflection on the ocean, or lake, or pond, or puddle is another object.

That is like thinking you have an identical twin when you look in the mirror.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join