It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LETTER FROM NASA SCIENTIST Creates More Questions? Rogue Planet Alert!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
so what do you think would be the end result for life on this planet?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3
In response to a couple of other threads in this forum I did some investigating of my own on this unknown object currently in our Solar System.

I'm confused. First, you call it an "unknown object". Singular. One.

We've straightened that out -- it's Mercury. A number of members have now confirmed this to be true.

But now you are claiming that it's a number of objects. Plural. Many.

This is MORE THAN ONE object...my guess is it's a Brown Dwarf with 4 or 5 orbiting moons/planets.

So what ARE you claiming?
Are you looking for people to identify ONE object (PS - I believe it to be Mercury) or are you now concerned that there are 5 - 6 objects that are going to destroy us all?

Care to share your "official theory"?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3
reply to post by Phage

I agree and am aware of the "blooming" effect that you speak of. My suggestion to you is to download the last hi-res image of this object from the COR2 camera taken April 22nd (stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...) and compare this to known images of Venus or Mercury or any other planet in our solar system for that matter. This is MORE THAN ONE object...my guess is it's a Brown Dwarf with 4 or 5 orbiting moons/planets.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by discl0sur3]

I'm not very good at downloading. Would you be so kind to provide us with your images of the past positions of Mercury and Venus. with the links? I would like to compare them to the recent NASA image.
Regards,

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
personally I really haven't gotten into the Planet X thing
but I do have to admit it's quite interesting. Some say
it's Venus, some say it's Mercury and some say it's
Planet X.

From one of those photos up there planet X
appeared to be on the outside of earth's rotation
around the sun. These photos show this object
on the inside of earth's rotation which means that
at some point it would have had to pass through
our solar system (and around earth) to get between
earth and the sun. And I don't remember an
object the size of Jupiter coming that close
to earth.

Or maybe I'm missing something

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Where is Mercury in your Stellirum image?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

I saw your video. More of the same crap as your other videos.
Can we agree that when the 2 weeks have passed and we are all still here, that you will go away and not post links to your stupid videos ever again?

Thank you!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

"Have you seen the size of this thing? It's bigger than Jupiter. Mercury is a mere dot in comparison"

I'd sure like to know how you came to that conclusion. There is no depth of field in the images so you have no way of comparing actual sizes of objects. Mercury passing in front of the sun is going to appear larger than Jupiter passing to the read of the sun (from our current point of view).

Also, for a moment pretending this isn't mercury, the presumption that this is heading for a 'collision' with the sun is silly, there is no evidence as to the distance from the sun this objects path is taking it on.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Another thing to note is -

if there were several planets/moons that had come into our own solar system, would'nt it be noticed by every amateur astronomer in the world?

This thread is nothing but nonsense and i've just wasted another 1 minute of my life typing this.

Goodbye.............

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Oops sorry, missed a consonant. Should have read unknown objectS...very observant of you. My story remains consistent. I do not believe this is Mercury, not only is it much too small but I also received an email from a NASA scientist stating that it was Venus. Who are you more inclined to believe??
What we have here is a conundrum...who's off base?
1. Forum members which may consist of credible astro professionals but is non-verifiable for the most part.
2. NASA scientist who claims credibility due to his job title.

The stories from both parties are conflicting which leads me to believe that there may be another plausible theory.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

The short answer is no. Special equipment is required to view this area of outer space as the sun would burn out most equipment. It's extremely expensive and unaffordable for the average Astronomer.
Secondly, this object is a Brown Dwarf Star and is only visible in the UV spectrum which again requires special equipment to view.
Third, the planets/moons orbiting this planet would be much to small to be seen with the average back yard astronomers equipment, although I do have my suspicions that there are many that are aware of this that are keeping their mouths shut.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I'm not very good at downloading. Would you be so kind to provide us with your images of the past positions of Mercury and Venus. with the links? I would like to compare them to the recent NASA image.
Regards,

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Sorry, ive skipped through the replies due to the possibility that many are chance to be a bombardment of "its mercury or venus"?
Sorry im not been ignorant but im interested as to what you personally believe here. What do you think this is? Tell me as if i was new to this and explain because i want to hear exactly what someone else believes here, and the time scale, because unlike others who`s constant negativity towards other explainations and possibilities could ultimately end up casting the shadow over truths permanently, dont want to listen, Im interested and i want to listen.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Special equipment is required to view this area of outer space as the sun would burn out most equipment

Not true at all. Provide evidence on the above statement please...

Third, the planets/moons orbiting this planet would be much to small to be seen with the average back yard astronomers equipment, although I do have my suspicions that there are many that are aware of this that are keeping their mouths shut.

Much too small? So how is it that the average amateur astronomer can take images like this in so much detail?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ee5f69207764.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c7d64c831b34.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6e7909f09809.jpg[/atsimg]

visit these links for many more amateur photos to see just how wrong you are -

www.licha.de...

amateurastronomy.org...

www.esa.int...

Oh, and the comment about those guys "keeping their mouths shut" is just a complete insult and really goes to show what this thread is all about.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
isnt this thread supposed to be dead by noW/

check my page 2 post..i found mercury pass in 2008 its the same

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
wow that was pretty devastated the thread? what reply have you for this?
Im on the fence here.
I want to know as much as possible on this topic, not only this thread but in general.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Firstly, I don't subscribe to the Nibiru/Planet X/Destroyer scenario's (though I do find it all makes for fascinating Sci-Fi and can't wait for the inevitable film )
I find myself confused by this particular set of photo's.

Yes, as Phage pointed out Mercury would be the obvious culprit but if that's the case why, oh why does NASA have this picture, and notice the date, on their 'planets' page.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/3d7f0614c8be72f6.jpg[/atsimg]

Surely they don't let just anyone update their website with these images, I mean they must have verification of this type of thing - hell surely to get a foot in the door as a web administrator for NASA you will at least have an interest and training to know what answers are to be given to incoming inquiries and to ensure correct information is given.

So, NASA should not be wrong here. Yet our most respected astronomers say they are. This isn't cut and dry - it could well be a mistake by NASA, by Phage, by Disclosur3 (hate to say it but that's likely) but it still leaves the question as to which planet it is and why there's a conflict of opinion against NASA's own data.

Anyone? Before I start believing in Nibiru?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose

Originally posted by Phage

It's Mercury. The sensors on the heliospheric imager are very sensitive. A bright object causes a "blooming" effect on the sensor making bright objects look large because a group of pixels gets excited by overflow from the brightness. The same effect seen in LASCO images.

The NASA scientist probably didn't bother to actually check what you were talking about because they get swamped with ridiculous inquiries like yours every time a planet appears. They have better things to do.

[edit on 4/25/2010 by Phage]

Phage is right,
I just had stellarium open again,
and mercury it is.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6eee8351598e.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Ahmose]

But where is Mercury in stellarium, and where is Venus in LASCO?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

Definitely not a mistake by Phage.

That is Mercury. Here is an orrery showing Mercury between us and the sun at this point in time.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/17bac18bad73.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 25/4/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I have a question. In the video from the OP the ahead camera shows the object or objects moving from right to left towards the sun.

In the diagram below posted by Phage, if i'm looking at it right, and A represents the ahead camera and B the behind camera, Mercury would be moving left to right towards the Sun in the ahead camera view instead of right to left?

Venus would make more sense if i'm reading the diagram correctly, since it's to the right of the Sun and would be moving right to left which is represented in the OP's ahead camera view video.

Originally posted by Phage
You're right. It isn't Venus.
It's Mercury and it is also now appearing in SOHO images.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a966d8c2f3da.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 4/25/2010 by Phage]

What am i missing here? Also, if it's not a big problem could the OP post the videos from Nibirushock and Warriorking? Thanks in advance.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Was just looking at a similar diagram (possibly same site www.fourmilab.ch...) and I concur it has to be Mercury due to the positions... Just seems odd - more than odd it seems ridiculous that with only 2 possible planets NASA have flagged it as the wrong one... ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join