It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LETTER FROM NASA SCIENTIST Creates More Questions? Rogue Planet Alert!

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I'm just totally astounded by the level of arrogance from the OP and the people saying that this ISN'T Venus; That I actually had to register to reply to this Thread.

First off, its clearly Venus; HOW much evidence tOhNeE have to give you guys? I mean honestly. The only rebuttal you guys seem to have is "It can't be Venus" followed by no evidence.

As long as this thread has gone on for and how much evidence has been put against the OP's Claims, and him constantly changing the thread title it should be scrapped as a Hoax. He's clearly doing it for views on his youtube videos. He even begs for subscribers. Comeon.

Its Venus, end of discussion.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

hey stereo i meant exactly what i said mercury does not go around the sun like the rest of the terrestrial planets|! if you dont know this then you best go back to the books

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The images that are posted here are the low resolution images that make it first to the database. After a while the full images are placed in the database and the temporary low quality images are gone.

The claim of ejections from the object appears to avoid the basic claim that material is actually being tossed out. Where is the evidence of material moving out. A glow does not mean ejection. A glow in this case is an image compression artifact. Not only is the identification wrong, but the claim of ejection is wrong on top of that that. A double whammy.

Another issue here is that the viewers are inferring orbital direction from single images. Not possible. This is a projected image of a 3d world onto a 2d image. A retrograde orbit and a prograde orbit appear the same. They go back and forth and back and forth.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

Obviously you are avoiding describing what you mean by this. I take that to indicate that you don't have any idea what you are posting. Demonstrate me wrong by telling us what you mean.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Actually it is Venus.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Umm, With out a doubt it IS Venus. So your wrong along with all the other crackpots in this thread.

As for me being a noob, my bad, do I have to go buy a telescope and point in a random direction and start taking pictures of the first thing I see and start claiming its a rogue planet or Nibiru to be welcomed by this community?

If its not Venus then show me some evidence please?

And I have read most of this thread from the beginning, and nothing has been thrown out to disprove its Venus except for uneducated beliefs that "ITS BIGGER THAN JUPITER" The OP keeps going back and forth with his claims.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

No its not.

We will keep track on this thing.

Oh and i will go outside, take a video cam and take photo of the sun to see where it is.

Ok?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Good job to those of you who have figured out what it actually is..
. Disclosure; I hope your butt gets banned soon.....your threads have been debunked and not just by people saying nope your wrong but by people who go into detail as to why you are wrong, yet you refuse to see it and still continue to spew these claims....that to me is a hoaxer. What is even more sad is the uneducated people who go along with you...someone who does not seem to know nothing about astronomy, compared to those who seem well knowledgeable about it and they believe you. This thread should have been closed many pages ago as explained. You people ask why do skeptics come to a thread that they know is wrong...it is because they are here to deny ignorance and not to let it flourish.

I say those that know what it is should leave this thread to the tin foil hat wearers and let them continue thier insane beliefs. This site is supposed to be about deny ignorance...but ignorance is rampant in this thread. Let them have thier fictional scenarios. You who have tried valiantly to tell them the truth but are being ignored by these unedecated buffoons. Save your breath...let thier imaginations run wild....come back in a week and see how a thread without a healthy dose of skeptism goes. In that weeks time....i can just imagine what thier tiny brains will come up with.

PS
Is there not a mod in here. This thread should have been closed as explained. You had many valid explainations as to what it actually is compared to the OP's wild claims...and his evidence is crap compared to the others well thought out explainations and evidence.

GET BETTER MODS IF YOU ARE IGNORING THESE EXPLAINATIONS.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by kerazeesicko]

I am just laughing out loud it hasn't been debunked!!! This person sounds like he is having a mental breakdown and I have taken a minor in Psychology.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Of course, and while your doing that please do me a favor and make sure you stare at it for atleast 30 or so seconds.

Wheres your evidence that it isn't Venus? Instead of just saying its not, please back it up?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

And while you're out there be sure to call the local amateur astronomy club and ask them how come no one picked up on this new object in the last year or two and it was so obvious to find. And then call a press conference and show everyone what you found out and how the "ebil gummint" covered up this entire charade. Then sit on the couch with Matt Lauer and tell him too and get his crew to show your video and pay you a gazillion bucks for the story of century.

And then ... you wake up from your dream state and realize that this is all fantasy.

It's Venus.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Labotomized

Of course, and while your doing that please do me a favor and make sure you stare at it for atleast 30 or so seconds.

Wheres your evidence that it isn't Venus? Instead of just saying its not, please back it up?

Still i dont buy your claim that you have read the whole thread, otherwise you wont be asking me such a question like so

You diffently sound like tOhNeE and act like him.

Not by me but someone took photos of it, take a look it.

and no its not a sundog.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Sorry to burst your bubble buddy but I'm not.

I HAVE read the entire thread and I havent seen a single piece of evidence based on Fact, other than that everything is personal assumptions. But it seems everyone here seems to think their a astrophysicist when it comes to this; even when someone educated on the topic tells them otherwise. Its like arguing with a 4 year old whether Santa exist.

Pretty sure those are lens artifacts from a disposable camera being DIRECTLY pointed at the sun....You've gotta be kidding me.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Labotomized]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
first of all. disclosur3 thank you for alerting us to a possible threat . second i can understand normal debate on this subject in order to find a solution. but these current people that insist that it is Venus and you truly believe it, why do you not just leave the thread and thank your lucky stars you know the answer? why are you still here insisting that everyone else is wrong? why not let them be the judge and come to there own conclusion. just my opinion! why create a argumentative atmosphere. when the people that you are opposing just want the truth, and apparently not the answer you believe to be true. you have stated your opinion now leave the thread and let us come to are own conclusion thank you.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Originally posted by grantbeed
Can we see some evidence of the original E-Mail from NASA?

g

I know you're asking the OP, but out of my own curiosity, I've emailed
the guys at sungrazer. If I get an answer, I'll post it.

Good thinking
Let us know what they come back with.

I posted this a couple of pages back, but I guess you missed it.

Here's the answer:

Yours is the second email like this I've received this morning -- I suspect you both browse the same forum. So my answer to you is the same as to him: it's definitely Venus.

There are a few ways to tell. FIrst, you can look at the "where is STEREO?" page: stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov... Here you can see that as the "A" spacecraft looks at the Sun, it's sees Venus right behind it. Second place to look is here: stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov... Here, the SSC (STEREO Science Center) folks mark all of the planets visible in the images. If you want to get more fancy, then you can take planetarium software and change your observer location to that of the STEREO spacecraft, and then look at the Sun. Third, you can use the STEREO orbit tool: secchi.nrl.navy.mil...

I think that some of the confusion might be partially due to the planet transit page that I maintain on the Sungrazer website. This page only lists transits for SOHO/LASCO C3. The STEREO mission is a completely different mission in two completely different parts of the solar system, so they are not going to be seeing the same transits at the same time. However, I can see that at a glance some folks might think the page it is relevant to STEREO, too (which it isn't). So I have preemptively added a paragraph to it explaining that it's for LASCO C3 only -- not STEREO. (sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil.../transits)

Best wishes,
~~Karl

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

and no its not a sundog.

The angle from sun to observer to sundog is 22 degrees. You are correct, these can't be sundogs.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
perhaps stargazer and nasa share the same hush hush decision?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
WTF?? The NASA SOHO COR2 camera is now down...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ac874a058e2a.png[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

according to James M McCanney yes it did

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

Why do you think this means the camera is down?

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join