It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LETTER FROM NASA SCIENTIST Creates More Questions? Rogue Planet Alert!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I believe that this brown dwarf is very real and upon us; only problem is we can't see it with conventional satellite imagery. Explains the recent launch of an infrared satellite coupled with an infrared 2.7 m telescope mounted on a 747 airliner to be mobile and have the ability to monitor imagery above the earth. In today's economy these are no scientific studies , something is amiss...news.bbc.co.uk... My dad a retired geologist and I have talked about this very subject , it is in his opinion that this would explain many geological traceable events that happened on Earth. He has been on board ever since monitoring SOHO website almost daily. S & F !!! A phenomena we will all find out if its true soon.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tOhNeE
reply to post by discl0sur3

The STEREO Orbit Tool only appears to show Venus behind the Sun but it is not, it is still very far away from the Sun. The STEREO A camera has a wide angle lens so the planet Venus appears to be a lot farther form the Sun than the STEREO Orbit Tool, but they are both exactly where they should be.

So now we have a bunch of uneducated people pointing to artifacts and planets and saying they are "too big to be anything in our solar system"... blah blah blah...

ITS VENUS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

[edit on 25-4-2010 by tOhNeE]

frustrating i know.

OP, you keep saying.. "Im just trying to figure this out"..
but there are highly educated people who do know what theyre talking about,
giving you very reasonable/ logical answers..

but you wont take them..
because they arent the answers you want!

I spend almost half of my life at the Observatory, with guys whove been doing this stuff since before i was thought of...
(on equipment that costs more than many peoples homes, no joke)

and as much as id like this to be something' extraordinary '..
it is not.

I understand your new here, but you wont be around long if you keep that up bro.
for real.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gamma 49

The problem is, I have a vast amount of knowledge on this subject. To go around and see all these uneducated people making all these false claims is very frustrating!

It's like a computer newbie trying to tell a computer technician why his computer is acting funny. The newbie just doesn't know jack crap but he thinks he does. He asks all these dumb questions that don't relate or are based off of false observations.

What I hate most is the ripple effect all these stupid videos are causing. One idiot after another gets caught up and starts to believe this crap, and then it all ends up on ATS like a crap repository.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOWILLFALL
Somethings goin on people are reporting two suns rising I wouldn't call that venus or mercury...could be a malfunction but I wouldn't think so because of the high tech telescopes...Just a bit strange that people are reporting this now.
where did you get this info i want to read it

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
type it in on google it won't be hard to find...my friend said he saw something big and red in the sky last night hopefully it was just a ufo lol

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a question was asked and i would like to here from the resident experts here (phage included).

if a planet size object ie meteor, comet even earth sized planet were to hit the sun would the sun go supernova? yes or no or maybe

thank you

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOWILLFALL
type it in on google it won't be hard to find...my friend said he saw something big and red in the sky last night hopefully it was just a ufo lol
sorry nada,give me the wording ill try again

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

no

but you could always use an actual search engine for such questions.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
hmm weird...umm type in two suns spotted or something like that...pretty sure somethin about it will pop up

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

No.

A planet sized object would melt into liquid before it even reached the surface of the Sun. The energy intensity coming from the Sun would create a huge "tail" behind the moving meteor which would also shrink the size of the object to almost nothing before it made contact.

It's almost like how Earth's atmosphere protects Earth and burns things on entry. The Sun's heat alone will do the same to an object.

It would just "become one" with the Sun.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

No it would not. It would disintegrate before it hit. The sun is just to hot and big to be effected by something Earth's tiny mass regardless of how fast it is traveling. Now that said, a gas giant hitting it, that would be for some interesting lights.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pr0t0
A few pages back everyone was so sure it was Mercury...

Now, we're back to the NASA official explanation that it is Venus... but that doesn't match with the satellites position, as I've shown and yet other than saying 'it IS VENUS' yet no one has done anything to support that or to explain how it is in the field of view. I'm not saying it isn't. I just thought we were a little more scientific in obtaining our answers here.

OP, take out the '2 weeks' from your title and original post and no one has any reason to complain, you still have an interesting and as yet unanswered thread.

I'd have to agree with you. Never put a time frame in any video you create. But he probably did it just to bring in viewers to see what is going on. It is a good tactic. But I find this object indeed strange and I for one don't think it is Venus or Mercury.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

discl0sur3.....

Did you just change the title of your thread?

Did you do that to remove your hysterical implication that the world will be destroyed in 2 weeks?

I think you're back-pedalling at a furious rate.....

If you read previous post somebody stated he should just change the two weeks because it was kind of ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

What inbound comet the size of Jupiter?... Anything that massive is not a comet. I know that Mark Hazelwood made false claims that in 2003 Nibiru was going to pass through the Solar System and cause massive damage but he could never provide any evidence for this, and he would in fact claim that we wee "government kooks" every time we asked for evidence to support his claims.

I doubt any object the size of Jupiter passed by, it would have been seen by astronomers at the least.

However, another different story is if you are talking about comet holmes, which in October 2007 part of it somehow exploded and expanded to be bigger than the Sun, became half a million times brighter than it was at the beginning, and could be seen by the naked eye. It actually became the biggest object in the Solar System and it shone blue. The Hopi spoke of this in prophecy, and they say this signals a warning. The beginning of the transformation which will occur.

But their prophecy also says another star, this time a red star, will appear and that one would bring the worse transformation, and tribulation to Earth, and only those who know how to live a natural life will survive.

Most probably because you won't find food in the supermarket anymore and you will have to scavenge and hunt for yourself, and most people in the modern world don't know how to do this.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I believe NASA because they gave you a response.

I asked them whether or not and why/why not stars are visible from the surface of the moon like a week ago and I never got a response. I'm really upset about it because I've always wanted to know. I know that you wouldn't see stars in the photos from the moon but I want to know if you'd actually SEE stars from the moon and why or why not.

Electric Universe it's odd you mention 2003 prophecy take a look at what NASA named Comet NEAT.

The thing in the center is the sun, you can guestimate the size of that "comet" yourself:

www.youtube.com...

It's crazy because it appears as though the Sun decides to SHOOT at it with coronal ejections almost like it's actually intentionally trying to push that giant comet the hell away from it, Like "get the hell away from me!" it almost appears like the comet is in fact pushed to the right by those ejections as well.

It was also really weird because NASA never said anything to the public about this "comet" until after it didn't kill us all.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by sremmos]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Here is another image of the first object the video creator points out, taken on 1/1/2008

It is just an artifact that has been there for a few years now (On Stereo A's camera).

The other object he points to that comes in on April 21st is Venus. It is in Venus' orbit, it shows up exactly when Venus should show up, and it was expected to be there before it even was there.

This entire topic is based off of am image of Venus, which was expected, predicted, calculated to be in its exact spot years and years ago.

To deny it is Venus is like denying the Moon is the Moon!

[edit on 25-4-2010 by tOhNeE]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
reply to post by Pr0t0

I've already stated my opinions in previous posts here. I am 100% sure that there is no foreign planetary body in our own solar system with moons/planets or whatever orbiting around it!

The implications would have already been seen and felt on a global scale if this were true.

hundreds upon hundreds of backyard astronomers would have picked this up by now.

Sorry, it's just not happening.

I'm sticking with 'mercury'.

g

Also a lot of backyard astronomers can't see into the sun unless daddy is one wealthy rich man who can afford anything.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Yes.
It is Mercury.
From STEREO A Mercury is at the left side of the field of view moving right.

From STEREO B Mercury is just outside of the field of view, to the right.

From LASCO, it is visible to the left of the Sun, moving to the right. Right where it is supposed to be. You can see it enter at about 23:00 on the 23rd, exactly when it was supposed to.
soho.esac.esa.int...
Transits

It is dim from LASCO's viewpoint because it is between the Sun and the Earth, in it's "new" phase. Like a new Moon, we are only seeing a sliver of its tiny disk.

Or... what the hell, it's Nibiru and we're all going to die. I really don't give a damn.

[edit on 4/25/2010 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sremmos

I know sun-grazing comets look bigger than they actually are. Comet neat was not the size of Jupiter, much less bigger. It was the size of other regular comets but it's composition (plus the fact that the Sun emitted a CME) was different which made it brighten more than other comets and made the illusion that it was bigger.

Trust me, an object the size of Jupiter or bigger is not a comet.

Photos behind the rumors

SOHO took dramatic photos of the comet as it rounded the Sun. The spacecraft has imaged more than 500 similar so-called sungrazing comets in the past. NEAT was the brightest comet ever photographed by the observatory, but it is not remarkable, size-wise, compared with comets in general.

Adding to scientific excitement during the comets trip around the Sun was a chance event in which a solar eruption, called a coronal mass ejection (CME), appeared to hit the comet on Feb. 17. SOHO captured the interaction, something scientists had not witnessed before. A kink appeared to propagate down the comets tail, which astronomers say is energized, or ionized.

www.space.com...

Anything the size of Jupiter grazing the Sun would have been extremely easy to see. It would have looked like a dime if you put it against the sky at arms-length. It would even have been very visible, and would look very large even during daylight.

(Actually it probably would have looked to be bigger than a quarter if you put it at arms length against the sky)

(Edited to add comment)

[edit on 25-4-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join