It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream Philosophy - A Funny thing that real people and dream characters have in common.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
People have a lot in common with dream characters. And vice versa. Of course the mind creates dream characters based on people that we see in waking life. But look at it the other way and you will see that people act much like dream characters do. Dream objects as well, it's not so much the element, but what it does, what it accomplishes, that is important to the mind.

Dream characters will do anything to keep you distracted and identified with the dream. They almost always string the dreamer along. Usually this is done subtly and brilliantly, but they keep the dreamer from stopping and really noticing things, keeping him or her from going lucid. The manipulation, prodding, distracting, interruptions from dream characters serve a purpose. That purpose is mostly to keep the dream going strong and perhaps ultimately keep you asleep. This goes for every object in the dream, not just the more interactive elements of it.

Now turn to real life. People are very much the same, always manipulating, distracting, interrupting. They hate to see someone in thought or quiet. Asking yes or no questions to prod the quiet person to action. But regardless of the subtle, there are obvious manipulations, using others, etc. And without going too deeply the comparison is made. And all the distractions, interruptions, and manipulations will pull a person away from "What they were doing." What they were thinking about.

But the dream character does that out of purpose, it keeps you from considering your surroundings and how you got there, so you don't go lucid/wake up. The person in real life... what purpose are they serving? If they are. I argue it serves no legitimate purpose for them to manipulate and prod. It just wastes time, a simple mind trying to use an object, a person, to occupy itself.

But regardless, it is interesting how real life can be similar to a dream, and this is just another thing to add to the pile of similarities.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
excelent idea novise but im sure it goes deeper than that, for instance have you ever been in a intense lucid dream like you know your dreaming completely and everything feels almost like your on mushrooms or like when you were a little kid. Absolutely new and intense and its almost hard to remember life in the awake state, especially if you have a long lucid dream and try remembering. Its exactly like the awake state was a dream, its really weird to me. i seem to dream more than annyone else i know to and only my brother has also had this experience out of who ive talked to. so id love to hear if anyone else has this happen too, or any other dream experiences, caus im entirely interestid in this topic

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pryed -eyed-one

A few times I've felt really good and blissful. One of those times I had the flu and felt awful in waking life, couldn't breathe hardly. I was amazed at how pain was absent in my dream that night, and how I didn't have to sneeze, breathed with ease in the dream etc. I think your experience is mostly unique. Sure there are running themes in these positive experiences, loss of pain, feeling good, feeling weightless, a naturally big smile, a feeling in your feet like you want to dance, etc. But I think these experiences are ultimately unique.

I have felt an angel looking at me, and had some floating up blissful experiences, so sure I sort of know what you mean. But you should also appreciate how your experience is unique to you.

I don't think dreams are totally limited by waking life or by our minds really. That's not what I meant if that's part of what you were thinking. There are obvious themes in my dream that my mind did not get from my waking life. Most anyone who dreams a lot will eventually make love to a celebrity in one, if the mind went purely on what it learned from real life, we would all get rejected by the celebrity lol. But that never happens, almost every dreamer has dreamt of being with someone way out of his/her league. And you almost never hear about the rules applying, them getting rejected. Just one example

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
very of corse ive had some nightmares or some "celebrity" dreams haha but ive always tried remembering them sometimes i used to write them down because they would start intertwineing with eachother it was greatbut work has really ruind my sleep schedule lately i need to start that back up again soon. ive also noticed that meditation greatly increases my ability to remember my dreams especially if i meditate until i fall asleep. i should try meditating in my next lucid dream maybe il remember be able to wake up in the same place or remember akake state better or something. ive also noticed that after starting to drink coffe and alcohaul threw my teens almost ruind my ability to do this until i almost stoped all drinking except on some occasions still trying to stop caffine thats friggin hard in america. i think that im done now after talking about this tho haha

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm a Lucid Dreamer, I find the subject so fascinating. We spend a third of our lives in the astral world, and some people don't remember any dreams!

I remember 3 - 5 (or more) dreams per night, and I can't imagine not being able to do so.

Dreams are vital to sanity.

pryed -eyed-one, what techniques are you most familiar with? And Novise, do you lucid dream?

You made a good observation between Dream Characters, and people in real life.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This is why i will never ever fall in love, its just what the op described. I made sure after i left school i would never let anyone close to me, and its similar to this. The ptb control people this way and its one of the reasons why queer men are locked up in prison, if they do not have a female partner.

Society wants you in a dream state that your not questioning anything other than when your going to get your sexual gratification, but like i said not for me, and i am glad.

I am just glad i will not get into a dream like the above said, its a very easy way to control people, and people do not think rationally when they are in things like love and going for sexual gratification.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

I do lucid dream, usually 2-3 times a week. I did last night and the night before. I also find it sad that so many people do not remember any of their dreams. I recall usually 3 dreams a night.

If we begin to notice these behaviors in people, it may help us with becoming lucid too. I think it will help me with the day.

I have been fascinated with dreaming and lucid dreaming as well. Started journalling off and on about 3 years ago.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
basically at first it happend because i loved dreaming as a little kid and my mon would listen to me tell her them, and she had a book to tell you what your dreams meant, as i got older i realized it was more to do with extredimensions or paralell universes, something to that effect, and i also believe the pineal gland has something to do with it, thats why i started meditating and writing my dreams down, i also notice that mushrooms have taken me to the "usual" place i go in my dreams on a couple occasions not by any means often tho, ive also met pure extradimensional entities on psilocybin as well, so to answer your question heyjud i think that meditation bi-weekly or weekly mushroom doses and no cannabis at least 2 hours befor you try to meditate and/or ludid dream will help alot but im sure a good sleep schedule and the pure intent to let it happen will eventually have it work too.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

My life has pretty much gotten to the point where I am strung along all the time. Everyone does what they want and I'm just dragged around from place to place. Nobody wants anything really to do with me because they can't manipulate me. Sure we have fun at times, usually if I am missed. But that's all I really have going for me.

Well I make it sound harder than it is, of course a full time job takes care of most of that. That's the definition of doing what you are told and expected. Only some people have learned to do what they are told and act like they enjoy it, or would have done it anyway. Now THAT is humor at it's finest, and these people go "far." It's the same for significant relationships too. (edit)

Give and take, that's what they call it. I find profound value in life, though I try to hold onto base values. My main hobby is dreaming, but I sort of just sift through life. Everyone says life is short, but I feel like I've been here forever.

Anyway, maybe that's why I am so aware of it. I know exactly what you mean. Only I do fall in love. While awake our logical side is always on, you can make this dream a lucid one, always.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Novise]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

Yep life is short and i missed nothing, but then what is life.

Dreaming is something i have found the government does not want, if it is not about money, material goods or women, if your not interested in these things, your a problem for these people if your a male, and may find that you get targeted, like i was.

I just know there is something bigger than us and no way on earth is the people in power that much smarter than us, i just think that alot comes down to guessing. Guessing is very important in this world, and the eople who guess better are the ones in power and the secret societies, and are allowed to dream as they go along with the game.

You will find that secret societies is all done to guessing and dreaming, what did einstein say about the imagination.

One thing i know is that who ever is on top of this system, must be very good at dreaming in lucid ways that along with good guessing(WHISPERS in the ear), must make them very weird indeed.

My advice is do not show the world you have a good imagination, and like guessing as this may cause problems, and whispers start, will you have peace no.

The questions you shuld ask is how important are whispers in the real world, lol, along with your dreaming.

top topics

join