It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking says no aliens visit earth

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

my theory is that the unexplained UFO's don't contain aliens, but could very well be satellites from other planets.

i mean, we would do something.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I think i know whats going on w/ this. Stephen denied a fact, because the Fact is that the Government knows that if the World's smartest man says "Yes the do visit us, theyve been here all along" then everyone's eyes would open wide enough to realize that our Governemt has lied to us. I find it surprizing that very few have realized this. The ony thing they could not keep him from saying is that they dont exist at all, we all know that they do Out there, but for him to say theyre HERE and have been, that would just cause an explosion of realisation that the Government cannot afford. I would have to say that Stephen has been approached by MIB and restricted by them to state the obvious, they probably threatened his life aswell. They may not be able to erase him, but they can make a death look like accident. I beleive we all know this. As for Cranks and Weirdos? yeah, they see UFOs, they see the fake ones and on rarer occasion they have an actual encounter because theyre already chemically subdued and debunked before they ever share the expirience. Many ETs that come here are already like the Government, theyve got it all figured out, and know theyre safe as long as they abduct someone who has no credibility. But for Stephen? Is the opposite. They know that if he speaks of such a thing, awareness will skyrocket. Lets face it, Majestic doesnt like Awareness. To become aware of something evil, or corrupt or a cover-up thats been going on for so long, it would spell their doom and loss of power and control over all of us. Just like the Catholic Church, Corrupt Kings of the Past, Religion in general, and now our Government, its the same old tune. Bullsh- is like a Candy-coated turd, Once the outer layer of sweetness dissolves, the bitter and foul truth is tasted, and therefor REFUSED.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyxquarra Xxxendra HoTTch
I think i know whats going on w/ this. Stephen denied a fact, because the Fact is that the Government knows that if the World's smartest man says "Yes the do visit us, theyve been here all along" then everyone's eyes would open wide enough to realize that our Governemt has lied to us. I find it surprizing that very few have realized this.

Hi Tyxquarra Xxxendra HoTTch , interesting thoughts which I would have given some credit, were it not that he also said the following.

On the other hand, we don't seem to have been visited by aliens. I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?

www.ted.com...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Stephen hawking tries to bend the reality so that his pessimistic theory that aliens (because he view humans as evil people) are all evil stays true.
It's a biased comment from him. Sure aliens don't visit, or his theory would be screwed.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

re:
WOW!! i was right all along.

Its about you eh eh, wake up mate

My thoughts are all Hawking has ever done is just muddied the water for real scientists in ALL fields, he is NWO

he is good press for lame stream media
and who is Hawking to call people weird? like man he is the epitome of weird

his job is just like yours a troll debunking UFO's

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Steven Hawking has been wrong on so many things, he purposely spouts trash to get attention in the scientific community. There is so many theories about alien life to counter Hawkins argument, it's laughable that anyone even pays attention to him lol...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
What if Stephen Hawkins is Really dumb and his computer took over?
from; conspiracy keanu

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
how would he know.....

he can't even look up at the sky....

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lozenge

Yeah i love the "Stephen Hawking says" threads.
I bet if Stephen Hawking says that unemployment is at an all time low, people would just say "yeah it is because Stephen Hawking says".

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I don't know what's so incredible about him saying this. Carl Sagan and Shostak and Bill Nye and any of the number of others who're expected to be the voice of reason agree with him.

It's just an opinion. We all have those. So what's the big deal?

Remember that Hawking specializes in black holes. That's what he does.

I agree with him, up to a point. Here's where I differ:
1. Only a few cases actually represent ET, the rest are hysteria and cons
2. They may be hostile, but not in the way we're thinking of

I see aliens that ... view us in some way as animals, but with a potential. It's kind of like how we see monkeys. Perhaps we're even related via panspermia. I think it's possible that someday we'll find out that panspermia is the real deal and that "strains" of dna are common in regions of the galaxy. In our region, there's a "strain" that links us with some (or all?) of the aliens that're visiting.

Because they view us as animals with potential, they might treat us badly sometimes. One has to ask why they would even be interested in doing experiments on humans? Well, we don't really know. Why do we do experiments on monkeys? Do monkeys ever wonder about that? You can over-examine this and suggest that aliens have no reason to do experiments because they've mastered biology and whatever else is involved in the human body or the human experience. But I think it's premature to arrive at that conclusion so soon in our long fought for but limited understanding.

What's terrifying is that humans do large varieties of experiments on animals. Many of these are part of research studies that result in the animals dying or living miserable lives until they do. What's even worse is that a lot of these animals are monkeys. You'd think it'd be banned.

We also farm animals. I don't know why or how aliens would farm us.

So I think they could be hostile, just not like in the movies so much. I don't think they'll come here with their guns firing. They don't NEED our planet in the same way that we do.

His reasoning, of course, doesn't include the possibility that some cases are covered up and that the reason they're covered up is precisely because they're unpleasant and (maybe) suggestive of hostile intentions. Perhaps, if we knew the truth about, we would discover a more sinister element. My personal opinion is that aliens are observing and doing experiments, if they're here at all. They're not hostile like Hitler or Charles Manson were hostile. They're hostile like we're hostile to animals. It's possible that, if this is to be believed, aliens are deemed a threat to national security. For a variety of reasons, I can imagine our government clamping down on this because it's a threat somehow.
edit on 5-7-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
This is what you call a very silly statement.

Hawking thinks aliens would be evil and if they have been visiting earth without destroying the whole planet it hurts his Discovery Channel special.

This line is what pseudoskeptics use when they don't have any facts on their side:

On the other hand, we don't seem to have been visited by aliens. I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?

So all the policemen, respected pilots and astronauts who see these things are cranks and weirdos? I have saw 3 myself, so I guess I'm a crank and a weirdo lol.

Why discount the reports of U.F.O.'s? U.F.O. means Unidentified Flying Object.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I think he may be right that we are not being visited by aliens. We have not been aroudn long enough to get noticed, space travel may be slow and warp may never be possible. I think it is much more likely that what we are seeing in the sky, like foo fighters, and the things our astronaughts are seeing maybe us from the future taking a look at historical things. If you travel to the past there is bound to be some disturbance that those in the past would witness. Such as fast moving lights in the sky or space... I supose future us may have a need or reason to abduct and test us. Maybe they want fresh DNA samples from ancient men.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

I remember when he said that. Still, i'm pretty sure it was awhile back and things have since changed. Perhaps he was in on something? Im pretty sure that in an infinite Universe, if 1 planet has life, then an INFINITE number of planets have life. I think its rather stubborn to think that ET's haven't been all around this part of the galaxy.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by linknumbernine

It's rather convincing. It's hard to believe nothing is out there and nothing has been here. It betrays our understanding of the universe and of its history. It makes us ask more questions.

Just think, somebody thought about this long before we knew the things we know today.

Fermi's Paradox:
en.wikipedia.org...

And here's another log for the fire if anybody missed it:
io9.com - A Game-Changer in the Search for Alien Life: “All stars have planets”...

I like Hawking. Anybody that pursues science, really. I guess I should like anybody that seeks. In hte grand scheme of things we're all seekers. I'm prejudiced towards science/philosophy seekers. But there're many seekers. Seekers of the heart. Seekers of courage. Seekers of the past. Many others.

Wouldn't it be great if we'd stop attacking each other.
edit on 5-7-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Love you stephen but i think you're wrong

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
This is what you call a very silly statement.

Hawking thinks aliens would be evil and if they have been visiting earth without destroying the whole planet it hurts his Discovery Channel special.

This line is what pseudoskeptics use when they don't have any facts on their side:

So all the policemen, respected pilots and astronauts who see these things are cranks and weirdos? I have saw 3 myself, so I guess I'm a crank and a weirdo lol.

Why discount the reports of U.F.O.'s? U.F.O. means Unidentified Flying Object.

We are told the universe is sterile but for earth eh eh
as unimaginably old and immense the universe is they say microbes might (might) live on other planets eh eh
and they know otherwise, the Universe is WILD man, wilder than any forest

With trillions of galaxies and each galaxy trillions of planets over trillions of years old and countless space-time

configurations and dimensions, even if each galaxy only had 1 star man race there must be many trillions of races in our

space-time configuration and dimension alone.

So Where are these Star Men? So Why dont they come and save my pretty ass?

We are on quarantine to stop our religions spreading the madness, even star men can be gullible, 2000 years ago ufo's,

giants, dwarfs and many human types where here, its in folklore and art also skeletal remains.
Nobody is here to save you but you, nobody can save you but you, the reason we are in the material world is to evolve,

you know its better to show someone how to feed themselves than it is to feed them, or else they get dependant and lack

evolution, we get recommendations so we can help ourselves, what else do you want? free space ships so we can spread our

madness?? can you imagine the fanatic Christians and mullahs etc.. getting loose on the cosmos? destruction would then be

endless. OR facebook and twitter ;-)

The problem with science is: Science lacks spirit and you cant teach an expert anything also with science you have secret

science and science for the masses

Some important Plejaren health tips:
Men are not men: let them know why
One of the reasons men are like girls and cant face truth is milk has female hormones so makes men think like a girl and soft

body, try for 2 weeks only drink rice or oat milk you will see i dont lie
soy milk is bad also so dont drink it

Not only is milk from a LACTATING FEMALE cow the farmer also pumps the cow with FEMALE hormones
amino acids fix this if you stop drinking milk

20 mins walk/gardening on the grass barefoot per day, weather permitting
spirulina is needed for vitamins now as plants are grown in the same location with only chemicals
moringa oleifera for diabetes and countless other ailments

we are told all the races/cultures evolved from Africa, is this really possible?

If you are religious some of the things you can learn from Billy are we come from The Universe (The Creation) not one of the

gods, the gods where men so was satan, they died and stayed dead, they are deceased. We re-incarnate we dont die and goto

heaven or hell, Heaven and hell are not places they are inside us.

Our Spirit is The Creation

meditate daily try this:
ca.figu.org...

listen to it in German here
ca.figu.org...

If its not your level thats OK with me, you can only lead a horse to water mate
ca.figu.org...

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by linknumbernine
reply to post by yeti101

I remember when he said that. Still, i'm pretty sure it was awhile back and things have since changed. Perhaps he was in on something? Im pretty sure that in an infinite Universe, if 1 planet has life, then an INFINITE number of planets have life. I think its rather stubborn to think that ET's haven't been all around this part of the galaxy.

There's a huge jump from life to that of intelligent life. I agree an infinite number of planets can contain life. But of those planets, very few, if any, would have a branch that would evolve into intelligent beings. I see that as possible, but an extremely rare occurrence.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101

"I discount suggestions that UFO's contain beings from outer space. I think any visits by aliens, would be much more obvious, and probably also, much more unpleasant."

"What is the explanation of why we have not been visited? One possibility is that the argument, about the appearance of life on Earth, is wrong. Maybe the probability of life spontaneously appearing is so low, that Earth is the only planet in the galaxy, or in the observable universe, in which it happened. Another possibility is that there was a reasonable probability of forming self reproducing systems, like cells, but that most of these forms of life did not evolve intelligence."

I am discounting reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?

WOW!!!

This is Stephen Hawking saying this!!! WOW!! i was right all along.

sources as requested:
woodside.blogs.com... & www.dailygalaxy.com...

[edit on 25-4-2010 by yeti101]

Maybe he should try and convince these guys

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Mr. Hawking is a scientist, yes a theoretical scientist, but still a scientist. Probably One of the smartest men in a wheelchair.
Scientists like to rely on facts..cause and effect, etc.
He has not seen any Non Earth Aliens or a UFO, so to him, they dont exist.
The Government has officially said there are no Aliens or UFOs or crashed non Earth craft, so therefore, they dont exist.
Of course some of his funding/income is from said government. (and a few book sales, TV shows etc).

He is stating the truth,..... to the available knowledge presented to him, to his reality, and his first hand experience......they dont exist.

Because he is so smart, and continually told so by his fans, (even tho many scientists have discredited a lot of what he has "Claimed" "Theorized" etc), He discounts anybody who has seen anything "Unidentifiable" as a weirdo.
Irrespective of whether he has looked in the mirror lately or not.

Secretly, I expect his scientific mind would LOVE to see a triangle or flying saucer or Mr. ET introduce himself.

But alas..Unless Klaatu comes along to search out the "The smartest man in America", that probably wont happen.

"Gort, Klaatu barada nikto"

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I respected him until now. He crossed a line there.

I wonder if he has bothered to meet any of us "cranks and weirdos".

My great-grandfather was neither a crank nor a weirdo. He saw a UFO over a small lake on which he was fishing in the very early morning hours. He said it was nothing made by man.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join