It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking says no aliens visit earth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
OH MY GOD!! Stephen Hawkings said it, it must be true! Please understand that him just like me and you is human and has the right to his own opinions. Now if hawkings showed a video of an alien telling us how much we are all so wrong and that aliens have never come here i might have to believe the alien. _javascript:icon('
') Other than that i guess i am crackpot wierdo still staring at the sky's. Oh well i think there there and i think itll be proven in a very big way in my life time.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

i havn't found a ufo case with enough evidence to make me think aliens are visiting us in spaceships. As Carl Sagan said " The reliable cases are uninteresting and the interesting cases are unreliable"

Your guy Kevin there thinks an alien spaceship crashed at roswell i wouldnt put much stock into anything he says. This is the guy who falls for anyone telling a story like frank kaufman.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

Well, I wasn't expecting much of a reply.

Why are you assuming these objects are ET -why not extra-dimensional or some other completely bizarre explanation?

Are these preconceived ideas the reason why you abjectly refuse to address specific cases?

Also, does your petty character assassination on Kevin Randle stop you addressing his quite valid points about wilfully ignorant UFO cynics?

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Why do you assume that they can exist probably only somewhere else in the universe then in our own galaxy

i still think its possible there are other civs in our galaxy but its just a numbers thing. there are 300 billion times more stars in the universe than in our galaxy. Also i think the history & evolution of life on earth tells us tech intelligence is rare.

personally i think simple life microbes etc is probably common in our galaxy. Complex life like higher plants & animals less common. Tech intelligence extremely rare.

Im still hopefull we will find other earth like planets but i don t think there will be anything much smarter than an ape.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by seanizle
reply to post by yeti101

Why is it that most of these scientists have such linear minds. It really makes you wonder if they are being paid to shut up.

it does almost seem as if they are reading off q-cards or have man standing behind the camera going "No NO NO don't say that, Shut up " (hand across throat motion) It wouldn't surprise me one bit if scientist were being paid off and silenced because of the small minuscule things that if leaked could create one of the largest CIVIL uprisings America or the world would see for that matter. lets hope the tells eventually and carefully.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by mcrom901

there is zero evidence of ET visitation in that case. None of the witnesses even claim anything of the sort. Try again

holy reptiles....
try again what.....

read again.......

Originally posted by mcrom901

reply to post by karl 12

i think i did respond to your list of ufo cases in the thread about the sky at night program where they discussed ufos.

oh really....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

should i be surprised? nah..... carry on.... enjoy yourself....

WOW!! i was right all along.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Arbitrageur -I agree there's no proof that UFOs are piloted by aliens.

I am really a bit surprised by this saying of you matey.

I really wonder why you said this, because when UFO’s are machine-like objects of unconventional nature and unconventional performance characteristics as described here by Dr James Mcdonald, but also by so many other people as well, what else then Aliens [intelligent beings] could it be then, who would be capable of controlling these machines remotely or directly?

Take for instance those witness accounts in consideration wherein the people who did see such clear machine-like objects close by and describing that what they saw in those machines where no doubt humanlike beings.

Then take also those abduction accounts in consideration, wherein the people who were abducted clearly described many different but no doubt humanlike beings.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

Saying we wont find anything smarter then an ape is like saying 1000 years ago we wouldnt be were we are today. Which guess what, it was said. I mean think about 100 years ago do you think those people thought there was going to be T.V. or internet or commercial airliners with T.V and Internet, I doubt it. I am a young man but in my short years i have seen so much growth and downfall that it would be ignorant of me to think that there was nothing else out there. Your telling me that a World with murder, rape, drugs, crime, and all sorts of UN-nameable acts being committed that there is nothing better then that. Well i hope for my sake if not the worlds that there is something better, more evolved, more understanding of a human nature or a minds nature really. Imagine there are not aliens but beings exactly like me and you. Maybe there here already and we dont know it and their sitting back laughing hysterically watching as we destroy ourselves.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I like what you have done with the word play. Not much to add except we are all doomed 'the sky is falling, the sky is falling'

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
chicken little told us once lets just hope we can find some cover before its too late.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by seanizle

all mathematician cum scientists are kinda hypnotized by the numbers to a great extent...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I am skeptical whether or not aliens visit Earth. For one, our planet is in one of the spiral arms of the galaxy, a backwater little world, second, our species is so violent, so malevolent, that any alien civilization that came here would probably warn against coming here.

Now, maybe sending probe craft, it's a possibility, they could send some craft to check us out, but I doubt that they are manned.

Of course who knows.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor

Arbitrageur -I agree there's no proof that UFOs are piloted by aliens.

I am really a bit surprised by this saying of you matey.

I really wonder why you said this, because when UFO’s are machine-like objects of unconventional nature and unconventional performance characteristics as described here by Dr James Mcdonald, but also by so many other people as well, what else then Aliens [intelligent beings] could it be then, who would be capable of controlling these machines remotely or directly?..

Spacevisitor, I know what you're saying mate and I agree there are some truly interesting accounts and a lot of evidence for the UFO subject but I don't think anyone knows for sure what these objects are or where they come from - some of them may well not be ours but I don't think there's any unequivocable 'proof' they are piloted by extra-terrestrials - I think the only honest answer is "I don't know"

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mcrom901

great video very informative for me anyway
. dont know if it is your video or random find bu it was put together well

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Also i think the history & evolution of life on earth tells us tech intelligence is rare.

If you would take the time to read these threads of Skyfloating you will see that tech intelligence during earth history & evolution is quite common.

“Of Emperors and Sky Gods”

and/or “Ancient Extraterrestrials”

personally i think simple life microbes etc is probably common in our galaxy. Complex life like higher plants & animals less common. Tech intelligence extremely rare.

Well, if that is your opinion, that’s oké with me.

Im still hopefull we will find other earth like planets but i don t think there will be anything much smarter than an ape.

I would fully agree with you if that would have been the assumption of an Ape.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I think the only honest answer is "I don't know"

And I will respect that.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Yeti, I know jokes aren't as funny if you have to explain them, but no one seems to be getting it. Maybe it's time to let everyone in on it...

This thread is a parody of this thread, that confuses Hawking's suggestion that we are not alone as proof extraterrestrials are coming to Earth, then uses that confusion as a cudgel to attack skeptics.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by tungus
Obviously he (Stephen Hawking) didn't see the "Ancient Aliens" the other night on the History channel, or he wouldn't have made this statement. It is very obvious that the humans didn't build these megaliths...

Or perhaps he has actually bothered to study archaeology and anthropology, thus knowing how much bunk is on shows like "Ancient Aliens".

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Hawking is just taking the natural steps and he just took a BIG ONE.

Hawking has come to the conclusion that it's "almost certain" aliens exist and it's "rational" to think about these things.

If you watched the special on Discovery, Hawking clearly came to this conclusion based on recent scientific discoveries like extremophiles, exoplanets, signs of life and liquid water forming in our own backyard. He just applied reason and common sense like we do in all walks of life in order to reach the conclusion that it's "almost certain" and "rational" to talk about them.

The pseudoskeptics on ATS and other places tell us it isn't rational. They say it's "wishful thinking" or it's "believing in fantasies." Clearly it's not.

Hawking will eventually take the next step. I went through a similar thing.

Once you have reached the conclusion that aliens exist, then you will eventually reach the conclusion that they have visited us because you can't put a boundary on their technology based on our current scientific understanding. It doesn't make any sense and credible witnesses are reporting these things from pilots to police officers.

These U.F.O.'s could be extraterrestrial, extra-dimensional or life forms that we don't know about.

Another interesting thing he talked about was life forms that form in the center of stars or interplanetary space.

Maybe these could explain some of the balls of light people see. They could be plasma life forms. I have seen two of them pass right in front of me and they seem to be controlled by some type of intelligence.

Skeptics always speak in the terms of absolutes. They use terms like "never" "that's impossible" "it's a waste of time because that will never happen."

Here's some skeptic quotes:

The abolishment of pain in surgery is a chimera. It is absurd to go on seeking it. . . . Knife and pain are two words in surgery that must forever be associated in the consciousness of the patient.
- Dr. Alfred Velpeau (1839) French surgeon

Well informed people know it is impossible to transmit the voice over wires and that were it possible to do so, the thing would be of no practical value.
- Editorial in the Boston Post (1865)

That the automobile has practically reached the limit of its development is suggested by the fact that during the past year no improvements of a radical nature have been introduced.
- Scientific American, Jan. 2, 1909

Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible.
- Lord Kelvin, ca. 1895, British mathematician and physicist

Radio has no future
- Lord Kelvin, ca. 1897.

While theoretically and technically television may be feasible, commercially and financially I consider it an impossibility, a development of which we need waste little time dreaming.
- Lee DeForest, 1926 (American radio pioneer)

I'm just glad that there's freethinkers out their that don't live in the absolute box of the pseudoskeptic.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

if you cant put a boundary on their technology the next logical step is to accept they can remote view & even sample anywhere in the universe without leaving home. They dont have to physically visit anywhere that thinking is so 1950s if you think they need to come here your just a pseudoskeptic, just like all those people you quoted.

if you dont accept that & start putting boundaries on their tech your just closed minded. Probably becuase your scared & dont want to accept it.

Dont worry im sure you will come out of your little box soon.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by yeti101]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join