It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Texas Taking Obama off the Ballot for 2012

page: 2
23
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I can't seem to get over the fact that when the courts on every level state that Hawaii's 'short form' counts as proof of birth in that state what are birthers going to do? Breathe a sigh of relief that it's settled or demand more?

The best part is going to be when Obama does show up on the ballot in Texas and Arizona...I look forward to the freakout on WND.




posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Does it really matter? WE are probably done with having free elections. This president and his cronies in the house and senate have been passing illegal laws and spending money that this country can never pay back.

I mean it's like their thinking we can do what we want, We will never have to be held accountable for it anyway.

I'm watching and waiting for something big to happen this year.



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AquaDuck
I'm not commenting on the Texas proposal, the Arizona law, or even giving my opinion on Obama's eligibility. I'm only commenting on the following sentence:


Originally posted by UfoSpecial
.... People never hide anything unless they are afraid of people finding out something. ....


This is wrong. In the U.S. we each have the right to hide NOTHING. I don't mean that we don't have the right to hide things, but that unless there is a legally compelling reason to show something, I don't have to show it, for no other reason than I don't want to.

It amazes me that so many ATS posters fall right in line with the argument of "if you have nothing to hide then show it."

Before the flamers start, I'm explicitly NOT saying if I think there is a legally compelling reason for Obama to show more information, I'm only talking about the attitude of "if you have nothing to hide, show it because if you're hiding something it must mean you don't want others to know about something that's probably bad."

It might just mean I don't think what I'm not showing you is any of your business. It could even be as simple as I don't want to bother making the effort of showing you something that I don't care if you know about or not.

Quit falling for the propaganda that says "if you don't want someone to know what you're doing, maybe you shouldn't be doing it."



Actually what you are saying is not correct, because we aren't just talking about some unwarranted search and seizure of documents or information.
I agree with you in general circumstances, but what you say just doesn't apply to public politicians, it only applies to private citizens I'm afraid... It also wouldn't apply in say... China, or some other totalitarian regime where people cannot demand anything.
But here in good ole America I am afraid politicians can't get away with this......... Unless you happen to be a politician in the democrat party



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by EarthquakeNewMadrid2010
 


I think that's great. Can we now finally rid ourselves of Texas and any reminders of the Godforsaken hell hole?
I would be willing to trade it off to the Mexicans in exchange for Acapulco.


Compassionate Conservative huh?

I find it mildly amusing that some of you people can see evidence of aliens, the Government pulling off 9/11, invade other countries for corporate profit and setting the stage for World War, and engineered economic collapse, etc., etc., but when it comes to questioning Obama's nationality, then we've gone way to far. That is just not possible.

I find it equally interesting the people who can blame Bush, or where were you when with Bush, etc., as if Obama is not doing the same exact thing Bush did.

Warrant-less Wiretapping of American Citizens? Check.
Proliferating illegal foreign wars? Check.
Bail out Wall St.? Check.
Torture detainees? Check.
Extending illegal Executive Orders? Check.
Running the largest national deficit in history and growing? Check.
Expanding the Federal Government to never seen before size? Check.

The list goes on. I cannot possibly fathom why some of you people have such a loyalty to someone who has no loyalty to your civil and financial liberties.

If Texas secedes from the union, let me say as a Texan the feeling will be mutual and we certainly won't miss your socialist, neo-fascist hell hole. Hopefully we won't let you migrate to our country illegally either.




[edit on 26-4-2010 by Anonymous Avatar]



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
What I would like to know is that why now?

Why after 234 years are people suddenly interested in passing such a law?


Well, I wasn't around 234 years ago but I can tell you why I'd like to see such a law passed now. It wasn't until this last round of elections that I found out presidential candidates aren't checked for eligibility beyond them just saying they are and they don't go through in-depth background checks. I had assumed that if I can't get a job without getting my background checked no one was getting into the Oval Office without having theirs checked as well. Imagine my surprise when I found out I was wrong.

It's not about Obama for me. It's that anyone can be elected president without proving they are eligible or having their background looked into. What's the point of having a set of qualifications to be president if no one is checking to make sure candidates meet them?



posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
One thing that people are not mentioning, or forgot, is that McCain was also questioned about this same issue, with persons saying there would be many lawsuits filed challenging him about his place of birth also if he won.

The difference is he provided "the long form" as requested, and the controversy ended.

I believe our presidents are and should be held up to a higher standard nowadays, and should be willing to do whatever is necessary, to maintain those standards; by placing the American people first before, and during their term(s) of office; they should also keep in mind that united we stand, and divided we fall as a country.

Times are a changing.....









[edit on 26-4-2010 by manta78]



posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Dear Obama loyalists:

Please stop citing FactCheck.org as though it is the National Archives or Library of Congress. A faceless interactive entity has now become the benchmark of truth in society in only a few short years?

FactCheck.org is owned and operated by the Annenberg Foundation, of which Weather Underground terrorist Bill Ayers (known Obama "acquaintance") helped found the Chicago chapter, and Obama himself chaired for some time. Furthermore, the foundation itself is a private family foundation, a family which no doubt serves its own self interests first. Let that marinate in your mind for a while.



posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthquakeNewMadrid2010

...
It would seem that impeachment is the only remedy to remove a president found to be inelegance after election. This issue must be resolved at the beginning.
...


Then treason charges.



posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by JauntyFlannigan
Dear Obama loyalists:

Please stop citing FactCheck.org as though it is the National Archives or Library of Congress. A faceless interactive entity has now become the benchmark of truth in society in only a few short years?

FactCheck.org is owned and operated by the Annenberg Foundation, of which Weather Underground terrorist Bill Ayers (known Obama "acquaintance") helped found the Chicago chapter, and Obama himself chaired for some time. Furthermore, the foundation itself is a private family foundation, a family which no doubt serves its own self interests first. Let that marinate in your mind for a while.



I have to laugh...people go around condemning Bill Ayres...and then they act like him. Wait, the bombs and explosions will follow with this group of malcontents.



posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain
 


Hey don't mess with Texas! (It's where I keep all my stuff)

Besides as I was driving around this "hell hole" today the bluebonnets were in bloom, all the stores had groceries at a decent price, and there were even lots of "help wanted" signs on several businesses. Um... yeah sounds like a hell hole to me. - Erm... Come to think of it you're right. Ya'll stay away in droves. This place is a hell hole argh! it's horrible! Really don't come look, just take my word for it.



posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Gov. Rick Perry does not have the authourity to remove any incumbent from any ballot.



posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Captain_Sense
 


I enjoy your ignorance when you presume that Brilliance is relative to a particular region.

There is a reason why the Romans would send a northern army to the south to put down uprisings and southern armies to the north.

Your brain is programed to see them as not your family, so as a soldier you don't second guess when you have to slaughter your own people.

You are perfectly proving why this is done. How easily you can be manipulated by playing on your minds own generalizations.



posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I am kidding. Of course I have nothing against Texas.
It's Texans, I don't like much.



posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Oh man this is too good. I like the idea of this but they have to be careful not to do anything that may cause momentum in the wrong direction and actually help Obama.



posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain
 


I have to laugh...at someone who gives Bill Ayers a pass, then proceeds to condemn a whole great state of folks, in the same thread. Exhibit A: post by rusethorcain
 


[edit on 26-4-2010 by JauntyFlannigan]



posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Captain_Sense
We sure get some BRILLIANT folks out of Texas, huh? He is just as ignorant as our former President who ALSO was from Texas. Obama's GENUINE birth certificate scans can be found NUMEROUS places on the web. Then again, perhaps that Einstein from Texas does not know how to operate a computer yet. IDIOTS.


Hey, Captain_Stupid, or whatever your name is, before you go lumping all of us Texans in the same boat together how about you realize that not all of us actually believe this is going to happen. Some of us know that if this blog is actually talking about Obama producing a birth certificate it has a snowball's chance in hell of becoming reality.

Didn't your parents teach you not to stereotype?



posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JauntyFlannigan
reply to post by rusethorcain
 


I have to laugh...at someone who gives Bill Ayers a pass, then proceeds to condemn a whole great state of folks, in the same thread. Exhibit A: post by rusethorcain
 


[edit on 26-4-2010 by JauntyFlannigan]


People condemn Bill Ayers and then they act like him.

How this is giving Bill Ayers a pass I don't know?
Do Texans like New Yorkers? I don't feel the love.



posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Originally posted by Captain_Sense
We sure get some BRILLIANT folks out of Texas, huh? He is just as ignorant as our former President who ALSO was from Texas. Obama's GENUINE birth certificate scans can be found NUMEROUS places on the web. Then again, perhaps that Einstein from Texas does not know how to operate a computer yet. IDIOTS.


Hey, Captain_Stupid, or whatever your name is, before you go lumping all of us Texans in the same boat together how about you realize that not all of us actually believe this is going to happen. Some of us know that if this blog is actually talking about Obama producing a birth certificate it has a snowball's chance in hell of becoming reality.

Didn't your parents teach you not to stereotype?


Stupid? Where are the mods. I have been banned for less.



posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain
 


Ok that's fine then. You can hate on Texans all you want as long as you leave the great land itself alone.
As a lifelong Texan I have grown used to the curse of being disliked because we are handsome, intelligent, altruistic, and rugged to a fault. Your delusional state of mind affects me none at all. You're right we usually don't take to yankees, New Yorkers especially, because they usually lack any form of decorum or manners. Some ain't even house broke yet!
I just wish all the other yankees would adopt your view, and stop moving here in hordes, and droves. It's making the politicians here think they need to pander to east coast flavor politics. Like the showboat bill being discussed on this thread. Don't worry most of us down here see right through it, and ol' Rick(Marlboro man) Perry. I'm just afraid the new "dime store cowboys" might actually have a bad case of Gonorrhea Lectim!



posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Binder
reply to post by rusethorcain
 


Ok that's fine then. You can hate on Texans all you want as long as you leave the great land itself alone.
As a lifelong Texan I have grown used to the curse of being disliked because we are handsome, intelligent, altruistic, and rugged to a fault. Your delusional state of mind affects me none at all. You're right we usually don't take to yankees, New Yorkers especially, because they usually lack any form of decorum or manners. Some ain't even house broke yet!
I just wish all the other yankees would adopt your view, and stop moving here in hordes, and droves. It's making the politicians here think they need to pander to east coast flavor politics. Like the showboat bill being discussed on this thread. Don't worry most of us down here see right through it, and ol' Rick(Marlboro man) Perry. I'm just afraid the new "dime store cowboys" might actually have a bad case of Gonorrhea Lectim!


Hate is such an ugly word sir, and you don't know me well enough to put anything in my mouth, words included, so kindly refrain.

Texans!


No wonder y'all are afraid of catching something.
Might I suggest you choose rubbers, over boots?










[edit on 27-4-2010 by rusethorcain]



new topics

top topics



 
23
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join