It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Will We be At War with Iraq?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   
What do you think?

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
2 leaders fall on the same day... Caesar.... and now Saddam.... Man, I'm gonna love this. heh....

*starts chanting "Down with Saddam and Bush"*

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I think it will be very soon. I watched Colin Powell's speech this afternoon and he made it pretty clear that we are ready. Here are some of his points:

� Iraq has not made the "strategic and political decision" needed to disarm

� Iraqi steps toward disarmament are "too-little, too-late gestures" meant to split international resolve to see Baghdad give up its weapons of mass destruction.

� U.S. intelligence indicates that Iraq has hidden equipment to produce Al Samoud 2 missiles even as it destroys existing ones under U.N. supervision.

� The U.S. "has done everything possible to avoid war."

� The international community must confront Iraqi President Saddam Hussein's refusal to disarm "here and now" in order to secure peace.

� U.S. intelligence indicates Iraq is hiding chemical and biological weapons in poor neighborhoods in Baghdad.

Officials said as many as 750 missions a day are now being flown by all types of aircraft, including fighters, refueling and reconnaissance aircraft. That number is about two to three times what had been the routine.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 07:04 AM
link   
We've been softening up Iraqi radar and air defenses for some time now. The news reported last night that we've stepped up our flights over the no fly zone to make it harder for the Iraqi's to detect when the real assult comes, because they're being slowly desensitized (demoralized also) by seeing more & more aircraft flying their way.

It's all coming to a head & will kick off real soon - how soon, I wouldn't predict.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I would have to agree with Deep. The war, for all intensive purposes, has begun. The U.S. and Britian are softening targets like crazy to the road easier for ground troops.

As to when "shock and awe" begins I would not guess. Although I would not be surprised if it was this weekend.

join