It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Viral Video: Creepy Canadian Game Show Host Fergie Olver

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Parentdish.com

The latest viral video shooting up the charts isn't a teacher smashing a violin or a group of kids performing "Scarface." It's a montage of creepy former Canadian game show host Fergie Olver kissing little girls.

Olver was the host of a Canadian game show called "Just Like Mom." According to TVArchive.ca, the show aired from 1980 to 1987 and featured mothers and daughters answering questions separately; points were awarded for matching answers.

Sounds harmless enough -- sort of like "The Newlywed Game" except with mothers and daughters. The creepy part is that Olver, a former Toronto Blue Jays broadcaster, seems to enjoy kissing the little girls a bit too much. And he doesn't take no for an answer: As Olver himself puts it, "The mothers are always so easy to kiss ... it's the kids!"
You gotta be kidding me, is the man for reall? I'm flabbergasted!

I just don't understand how come some people can just get away with doing crazy stuff including this. How could that happen? It's like they got some sort of "magical" protection or something. People are just going to let them do whatever they want or just forgive them.
Totally outrageous!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
that video is quite disturbing, i feel sorry for the kids, he dont take no for an answer, he literally just jumps on them :|

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Jesus have never seen a more unabashed child molester in my life, nothing like hiding it in plain site

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
www.belowtopsecret.com...

Some interesting points made in this thread-related to yours. Was put into Rant-Below Top Secret.

One freaky fella.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
That is just sick...

It's amazing what you could get away with in the 80's on national television.

I do remember this show, although I don't remember it being this ridiculous, perhaps it's the montage.

In any case, I wonder if there will be any reprocussions. Is he dead?

I found something interesting on Wiki..

This page has been deleted. The deletion and move log for the page are provided below for reference.

•01:09, 19 April 2010 Rje (talk | contribs) deleted "Fergie Olver" ‎ (A7: Article about a real person, which does not indicate the importance or significance of the subject)
•23:58, 22 February 2007 Zzuuzz (talk | contribs) deleted "Fergie Olver" ‎ (attack page)

Source

Very strange it was JUST removed 6 days ago...

~Keeper

[edit on 4/25/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
That's beyond creepy.

But why is this coming out now?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I don't think that kind of show is funny or amusing at all. Makes no sense to me whatsoever letting that guy try to kiss all the little girls.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
Parentdish.com

The latest viral video shooting up the charts isn't a teacher smashing a violin or a group of kids performing "Scarface." It's a montage of creepy former Canadian game show host Fergie Olver kissing little girls.

Olver was the host of a Canadian game show called "Just Like Mom." According to TVArchive.ca, the show aired from 1980 to 1987 and featured mothers and daughters answering questions separately; points were awarded for matching answers.

Sounds harmless enough -- sort of like "The Newlywed Game" except with mothers and daughters. The creepy part is that Olver, a former Toronto Blue Jays broadcaster, seems to enjoy kissing the little girls a bit too much. And he doesn't take no for an answer: As Olver himself puts it, "The mothers are always so easy to kiss ... it's the kids!"
You gotta be kidding me, is the man for reall? I'm flabbergasted!

I just don't understand how come some people can just get away with doing crazy stuff including this. How could that happen? It's like they got some sort of "magical" protection or something. People are just going to let them do whatever they want or just forgive them.
Totally outrageous!

In the event I had NO idea who this cat was or his show...And my kid wound up next to this bag of crap.

You would have some very "must see tv"!

This pervert would be dismembered LIVE on national tv. This dude is an obvious perv!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
No way would I let this guy around any kids I know. This was very disturbing.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
holy crap!!!! how did something like this air on tv???????? I would of ran up and tackled him, peewee hermin

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ibex08

Dude I completely, agree this is messed up!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Wow

that was actually very hard to watch.

You could see the kids cringing as the Scumbag relented.

Someone needs to show this guy some manners, with a Skinning Knife.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I watched up until he said green eyes.

This guy is a sick-#!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I wonder who it was that said "Dirty Old Man." He seemed to hear it but no way to really know where it came from.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Gotta admit looks a little pervy to me. Wonder what his wife was thinking.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I admit it looks bad; and chances are he has major problems.

BUT....there is a small chance, that it was totally harmless.

He could actually be mentally retarded guys. It may not be sexual to him, but more like a "mentally handicapped" kind of thing.

Although I admit, he does fit the "molester" description VERY good.

But we have no evidence he EVER did anything like that. So stop blowing smoke please or provide your evidence he actually got accused of being a child rapist.

People just jump the gun so fast.

I saw Putin kiss a boy. Does that mean hes a child rapist? NO. It means you people are WAY TOO POLITICALLY CORRECT!

My kid's grandparents kiss them. It doesn't mean anything other than "I love you".

I DO ADMIT THO, the guy in this video looks super suspicious!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Bump

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I wouldn't be as concerned about his on stage antics. I would be wondering if he were trying to see which of the little girls were receptive to some backstage antics after the show.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Wow that was pretty repulsive. Like others said maybe it was just because of the montage. The show as on for awhile apparently and all they got was what? 4 or 5 incidents?

Either way the guy seems like a major creep. Imagine him doing that nowadays. He'd be national news and pulled off the air before his first episode was half finished.

Come to think of it, where is this guy now? What happened to him?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlausibleDeniability
Wow that was pretty repulsive. Like others said maybe it was just because of the montage. The show as on for awhile apparently and all they got was what? 4 or 5 incidents?

Either way the guy seems like a major creep. Imagine him doing that nowadays. He'd be national news and pulled off the air before his first episode was half finished.

Come to think of it, where is this guy now? What happened to him?

I did a Google search and found several indications that he was arrested in an international pedo sting. But, unfortunately, all the pages I went to either had been deleted or did not contain the indicated information. I wonder who this cover up is trying to protect. It certainly isn't Fergie Olver. Could it be that someone connected to him and in a position of power is orchestrating the removal of all the info that could point to him?

top topics

join