It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Language, psychosis, world of thought. My rant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Language is a distorted communication of thought. In this respect we are as primitive as the Amazonian tribesmen, because we don’t understand each other as we would like to be understood. Language fails at reflecting thought because of its primitive state. That’s why words were simplified or erased in George orwell’s 1984, because the less words we have the less we can communicate thought. Language has to be rich in words for it to accurately paint your thoughts into the mind of the listener. This is what we strive for, we strive for a better representation of thought and the only way to do this is by telepathy, this is why telepathy is a must for a galactic civilization. We won’t occupy space nor will we succeed in living together in equilibrium, if we can’t understand each other as we would like to be understood.

Distortion of thought and ego are a formula for disaster, because not only do we not understand each other we feel threatened by each other. But you might ask, “well telepathy isn’t possible”, but it is. Whenever you have a conversation with a friend, you begin to notice that you can clearly extrapolate what a person is about to say, because of context but also because there is a connection between these two people. Some couples have this, where they don’t even have to talk, they can just feel. This is what the world has to strive for. And the only way to bring back this connection of the heart is by empathy and migrating back to the roots of our existence. Gaia some people like to call it, being closer to the earth again, working the fields as a family trading crops for cattle and this sort of enterprise. It is our way of living that has disconnected us from each other creating apathy which results in corruption and murder. It’s nature’s way of showing us that this isn’t the path to follow. And we are noticing it ourselves, it’s like a schizophrenic looking in the mirror and coming to the conclusion that this whole reality he has made for himself, can simply change, if one is willing to.

Language is able to bring ideas into existence, the thought comes to us and is immaterial, the origin of it is unknown, but then this thought is put into words for it to enter our physical reality. These are the two worlds we hover between, we are both in them and we can experience them as we wish. You can deprive your physical senses for a period of time and what will happen is you will go to the world of thought because there is no physical reference that can distract you from thought (this is what meditation aims to do, it aims to shut down all distractions by controlling yourself). Or you can live your physical life and use thought as a tool for a better physical experience. Psychedelics catapult you in the world of thought, no need for sensory deprivation or extreme meditating. It is instant and it is a sure deal. There are no vague lines in this statement. You take you break. And this is exactly what is so wonderful and magical with these substances, they can show you the world of thought, and you can travel in it and it will bring you to weird places give you amazing ideas or hellish conclusions you had rather not touched upon. This is what psychosis is all about, all these mental problems stem from the world of thought. Its people that spend too much time in the world of thought that become “crazy”. They lose reference to humanness and they are stuck in this world, schizophrenia or psychosis in general is not an illness to be cured by drugs it is a person lost in thought looking for the way out. It is our obligation as an intellectual society to see this, and to help these people find their way back, through conversation. The only way to heal these people or to bring them back is by jumping into their world with them. I once heard Terence Mckenna talk about a phenomena that is quite amazing and proves what I have said. He said that if you leave a “sane” person with a schizophrenic and you leave them together to talk you come back to 2 people that are psychotic. I don’t remember the name of this condition but it is reality. And this is basicicly what I said. The sane person jumped into the world of the schizo and symptoms of mental illness begin to occur. Thought is a dangerous world, and one needs to be very strong to contain it.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Language in and of itself is inadequate. Any and every language currently, in my opinion.

Concerted and sincere conversation can, at most times, bridge individual communicative idiosyncrancies...

Social inflection and the personal motivations manifested by such is something that emphasizes an attention towards "concerted and sincere conversation"...

Strive for personal objectivity...and an implicit, impersonal inquiry towards others' communications...to perhaps simplify it a bit too much...

For shizzle yo.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Psychosis is not a mental illness like schizophrenia or like. Psychosis is more like a warning sign before any permanent damage. Someone that gets overly drunk experiences psychosis before they experience alcohol poisoning, for example.

At a glance from your read, that psychosis maybe someone who talks silly for a duration of time. It is temporary. It is a way for the physical brain to protect itself from damage.

The word itself seems often confused with more permanent states, so this is my 2 cents worth to help fix that.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dzonatas
Psychosis is not a mental illness like schizophrenia or like. Psychosis is more like a warning sign before any permanent damage. Someone that gets overly drunk experiences psychosis before they experience alcohol poisoning, for example.

At a glance from your read, that psychosis maybe someone who talks silly for a duration of time. It is temporary. It is a way for the physical brain to protect itself from damage.

The word itself seems often confused with more permanent states, so this is my 2 cents worth to help fix that.

I didn't know that, I though psychosis was an overarching theme and under it would be schizophrenia. But thanks for clearing that up.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by colloredbrothers]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I thought about this idea not to long ago, your definitely on the right track. At some point you just have to worry about what your saying, but worry about HOW you say it. People don't really so much listen to every word as they sense the self doubt/confidence in your voice.

That's why you have to just be yourself and accept how you are to get anywhere in this world. Good to see another youngin on this board btw.

As for going crazy, everyone and their dog is crazy. But at some point when your mind gets stuck in one moment or one state of mind, and you can no longer communicate with other people...that is when things start to get harder to control.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Nostradumbass]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
i agree with what memoryshock said, subjective life is wrong as it means creations and not truth, and the reference to positive reality that the world need mostly is of truth, truth that of course by definition cant be but positive base life

that is why i cant see anything positive about telepathy, or efforts to force relations between conscious minds
the issue is those forces altering the sanity of reality still being related to truth reference freedom as positive effectively existing and living

true communications between people is important of course but regarding to free wills as potential free positive realisations effects on the grounds of reality needs

but communicating for thoughts exchange it cant mean any positive result wether from truth perspective existence or subjective free life

what matter is objective move freedom being positive, this is the sign of truth existance, only truth allow the perspective of positive neutrality because of itself existance there too
which refer to each relative ones free wills value, you are not what you might get but you are definitely what you can do freely as certain living adding an absolute positive value on nothing, if you can see the ground neutrally

so what matters is the interactions of positive free moves, that should be always through the canal of truth life ruling the space reality of each true free living one

so what matters is objective reality on largest sense for truth life, but the issue is what existance is of freedom life so consciousness life as relative true
it says how the issue is the denials of free rights but also communications of free rights
because if consciousness is existance truth then free rights must relate too

that is why i see the solution being objective free rights life, every conscious free reality with objective true life, should mean to realize its free right life objectively, which would be different objective selves positive living realities, the living i mean is that free move in reality conditions expressions clearly meaning positive freedom realities ends from itself freedom living out

that is abstractly the solution to the issue, prooving how definitely it is wrong to interfer on others heads or thoughts,
so people while dealing with each others would move according to objective move, from same sense position with truth

truth cannot ever mean what is down truth dont mean, truth state simply facts, so that way to insist on relating everyones is ridiculous
it clearly say the profits means of times force changes

it is very important as conscious to understand that freedom is always and all what matters of truth, it is the source reference freedom certainty and the end which is certaintly freedom life

that is how even the best living other to someone without the sense of absolute freedom from there is nothing there, only the sense of absolute freedom is all what is existing and to be living real or still jumping out freely

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Terence Mckenna talk about a phenomena that is quite amazing and proves what I have said. He said that if you leave a “sane” person with a schizophrenic and you leave them together to talk you come back to 2 people that are psychotic. I don’t remember the name of this condition but it is reality. And this is basicicly what I said. The sane person jumped into the world of the schizo and symptoms of mental illness begin to occur. Thought is a dangerous world, and one needs to be very strong to contain it.

McKenna actually talks about schizophrenia quite a bit.

McKenna argues that schizophrenics are shamans essentially. The difference being is that whole schizophrenics are demonized, pushed to the fringe of society, hopped up on many drugs that we don't even understand, and constantly told that they are useless, nothing, and only stop our progress. In sharp contrast, the shaman from a young age was told that they would be leading their people, that they have a special gift, that they can do things few others can do. While schizophrenics are locked in a loony bin and stuck in their own reality, shamans have hundreds, even thousands of years of traditions and training they go through to understand and utilize their gift.

I'm certainly a believer that schizophrenia is not truly a mental illness, but something we just don't understand. In fact, the term itself tells us we don't understand it. You'll never find two schizophrenics with the same condition, each is unique in their own. McKenna talks about how in the 19th and early 20th century, the term "Melancholia" was used to describe everything from clinical depression, to bi polar disorder, and everything in between. Schizophrenia is the same; it's a catch all term in which we label individuals who are certainly not normal mentally, but in truth the individuals labeled such have few things in common.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Terence Mckenna talk about a phenomena that is quite amazing and proves what I have said. He said that if you leave a “sane” person with a schizophrenic and you leave them together to talk you come back to 2 people that are psychotic. I don’t remember the name of this condition but it is reality. And this is basicicly what I said. The sane person jumped into the world of the schizo and symptoms of mental illness begin to occur. Thought is a dangerous world, and one needs to be very strong to contain it.

McKenna actually talks about schizophrenia quite a bit.

McKenna argues that schizophrenics are shamans essentially. The difference being is that whole schizophrenics are demonized, pushed to the fringe of society, hopped up on many drugs that we don't even understand, and constantly told that they are useless, nothing, and only stop our progress. In sharp contrast, the shaman from a young age was told that they would be leading their people, that they have a special gift, that they can do things few others can do. While schizophrenics are locked in a loony bin and stuck in their own reality, shamans have hundreds, even thousands of years of traditions and training they go through to understand and utilize their gift.

I'm certainly a believer that schizophrenia is not truly a mental illness, but something we just don't understand. In fact, the term itself tells us we don't understand it. You'll never find two schizophrenics with the same condition, each is unique in their own. McKenna talks about how in the 19th and early 20th century, the term "Melancholia" was used to describe everything from clinical depression, to bi polar disorder, and everything in between. Schizophrenia is the same; it's a catch all term in which we label individuals who are certainly not normal mentally, but in truth the individuals labeled such have few things in common.

I have listened to almost all the talks of Terence and I agree with his stance on schizophrenia. The ironic thing is that people around a "schizophrenic" make the person even more schizophrenic. I heard him talk about this, that you can be weird and people will start to look at you diffrently and then you start to think that you are becomming crazy and its a self perpetuating cycle until the person is in a hospital and he can never come back to normal because the people in his surroundings will always look at him as a loon.

I would actually argue that mental ilness is a taboe in our society and a very dangerous one, because we don't like to be confronted by it. Its dangerous and its "un-natural" behaviour so they just fill them up with drugs. A schizophrenic is someone that (like i said) lives with his head more in the world of thought then the world of phyisicle reality, he loses touch with the people around him and alienates himself from society. They put him in a loony bin and from there on you can keep anyone crazy with that kind of environement.

top topics

join