It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Move to Stem Corporate Political Cash: Supreme Court Ruling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Democrats in Congress plan to unveil tough proposals this week to counter a Supreme Court ruling that allows corporations to spend unlimited amounts on elections.

The bill would require the leaders of corporations, unions and other groups to put their names on television ads and would ban election spending by government contractors, companies with more than 20 percent foreign ownership and recipients of taxpayer-funded bailout money.

"It is about restoring the proper balance. Certainly special interests have a right to be heard. The problem is when special interest voices drown out the voices of average Americans," a senior White House official told Reuters.

Despite Republican leaders having expressed support for the court's decision, the White House official said the administration was confident "there will be multiple Republicans who will embrace this" proposed legislation.

Source: newsmax.com... (Just posted there at 10:05
)

Okay, well here you go, for all those folks that hated and/op disagreed with the Supreme Court ruling that said Corporation were people. It should be noted that they bill would be tough right now with all the other stuff Obam is trying to ram through. But, the Dems stand to miss out on a lot of money if they don't do something quick. So..... time will tell. I will go out on a limb and dare say this law-whatever comes out-will be ruled unconstitutional also. IMO

[edit on 4/25/2010 by anon72]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I feel another important story that may have been overlooked as other events went on or something.

Anyway, I don't think the Dems will be able to come up with any legislation that the S.C. won't say is improper-thus going agsint their recent decision in favor of Corporations.

My 4 cents...

join