It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scouts Ordered To Pay 18.5 Million In Sex Abuse Case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Scouts Ordered To Pay 18.5 Million In Sex Abuse Case

www.time.com

PORTLAND, Ore.) — A jury on Friday ordered the Boy Scouts of America to pay $18.5 million to a man sexually abused by a former assistant Scoutmaster in what is believed to be the largest such award against the national organization.

Lawyers for Kerry Lewis had asked the jury to award at least $25 million to punish the Boy Scouts for what the jury had already agreed in the first phase of the trial was reckless and outrageous conduct.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I'm quite happy with this development.

I've always admired the boy scouts in my community as they always did things to help out and use to be a driving force when I was a kid.

I can't speak of their activities in recent times, I've just not kept up.

This shows that these organizations must uphold the laws in their respective states and will be punished if found guilty of not doing so.

I wonder if the Vatican will eventually face such court preceedings.

Thoughts?

~Keeper

www.time.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I always wanted to join the boyscouts when iw as a kid, growing up in the early to mid 80's. A good freind of mine did. My mother wouldnt let me join, sayig it was dangerous and ddint like ide maybe use a small foldnig knife. I wnated too so bad join: ( my friend, ide envy him, as he had the shorts, and uniform with badges..i wanted to do my part and earn as many badges as i could.
Reading things like this now, kinda makes me think back maybe mom knew something i didnt? I used to wonder if preist sex scandal stuff went on in the boy scouts, cause you never hear of it, its always hidden, covered up or something. well, in this article, here it is; ( of all places, the boy scouts! human perversion and respect for one another is totaly derailed, knowing right from wrong...reaing things like this assures me for every 10 people you see, 7 of them have a sex secret* locked up in the closet in hte shadows of thier mind.
I wonder though, can the boy scouts of america actually afford that $18.5 million?
AND!!! Hold the presses!!!! IF this happened in the bouy scouts! whats going on in the girl scouts!!!! lesbian trasnformation?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
It ticks me off, thats all. boy scouts is, or was a palce where thier supposed to teach you honor, discipline, survivior things, bonding as a team. Its like they mae exceptions to fill jobs and slots, and hired pedophiles, the catholic church being the leader of it all. Well, the vatican more specifically.
I admitt, i spend alot of time on craigslist, looking for kinky women in my area. But for safe natural fun. However, people abuse it no matter wat yuor sex is, women look for totaly unsafe sex with multiple partners willing to totaly risk serious infections, pregnancy, and HIV. I have learned, people read or see things like this, no matter your gender, and another side comes out, i referr to it as human nature* the need or want to explore on the dark side, giving in to its tempations no matter the cost. its just human nature. places like craigslist, make it SO easy for this all to happen. Its not specifically craigslists fault, i mean its the people going thier using it as a tool to look for what they wanna do unsafely.
That, in return, tells me the state of todays minds..people think so much about sex, like it was that much more important that doing things that need to get done, focusing on jobs and careers, things like that.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This story is great news. Now when does the Catholic church have to pay out 10 gazillion dubloons to all the people that were touched and moved by men of god?

new topics

top topics

join