It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudden Earthquake Warnings in Tehran: Are they Prelude to a Nuclear Test?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

features.kodoom.com< br />

Last week's sudden warnings by Iranian government of an imminent earthquake in Tehran has raised speculations on the cause of this sudden move. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Iranian President, wants many residents of Tehran to permanently move out to avoid the chaos and destruction that will ensue an expected earthquake. Other government officials pointed out that especially "university students" need to leave Tehran! to stay safe. Imams appointed by Iranian leader to The Friday prayer sermons, also warn
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Follow up from this thread: Iran to test nuke near Tehran

It seems others may agree, especially critics of their government who outline the following:

* To prepare Iranians for tremors caused by any under- or above-ground nuclear tests (possibly in preparation)

* To start forced migration of residents from Iranian Capital to be able to control predicted unrest due to political and economic problems of the government such as high unemployment, delayed wages, shortages of gasoline due to new sanctions, inflationary prices, and continued suppression of the "green" reformists who have continued their objections to fraudulent elections and persecution of dissidents.

* To prepare people for any military strikes against Tehran.

Some members of Iranian parliament also criticized the government for politicizing and manipulating the news of "earthquake" risks in Tehran.

Other critics of the government believe the sudden warnings are not based on any new scientific evidence

Politicizing the earthquake risk twice now during Friday prayer's, without new scientific evidence reeks of an agenda in my opinion. Iranian women to blame last time, this time it's English women, next time probably Israeli women to blame. These clerics do seem to give the game away without realising it.

features.kodoom.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-4-2010 by john124]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Maybe they got a bunch of cases of extramarital affairs

news.oneindia.in...

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Moonman1111]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Add this to the pile:

The Iranian Bomb: Within a Month?

At first, I thought it was a scheme to make it easier for the regime to control the capital, and to deprive the Green Movement of millions of supporters in the ongoing struggle against the Islamic tyranny. And maybe that’s what it’s all about. But there’s another possibility, suggested by the remarkable statement of the #2 at Iran’s Atomic Energy Organization. The headline screamed it all: “Iran to Join Nuclear Club.” The happy event is supposed to take place within a month.

The reporters at the official Fars Agency were so excited that they made a mess of his name at their second opportunity.

No country would even think about attacking Iran after Iran’s membership in the club,” Deputy Head of AEOI for Research Behzad Soltani said on Tuesday.

Behzadi, who is also Secretary of the AEOI’s Scientific Cooperation Council, further pointed to the construction of 360 MW nuclear power plant and a 40 MW research reactor in Iran’s central city of Arak, and added that the projects are complete by 70%.

What if Mr. Soltani is saying that there’s going to be a nuclear test within a month? This might explain Ahmadinejad’s sudden concern about earthquakes shaking Tehran. And then I got an email from an Iranian nuclear physicist working in the West, which said, in part:

During last few weeks Iranian officials claimed a possibility of big earthquake in Tehran. Ahmadinezhad, Governer of Tehran, and several other officials repeated this earthquake is serious and it will be happened in next one month…

Deputy of iranian Atomic Energy yesterday in Kashan University claimed that in one month Iran will be 9th country in nuclear club and after the test the possibility of attack to Iran by any country will be zero.

Today Alzahra University in Tehran was evacuated and in next couple of days the regime has plan to evacuate very sensitive places in Tehran.

Alzahra, by the way, is an all-female university, where Green Leader Mir Hossein Mousavi’s wife was chancellor from 1998 to 2006. Why would the infamously misogynist regime decide to evacuate it? Because they want to save young women from quakes caused by a nuclear test? Or because they fear it’s a center of the revolution? Or because they think there are too many women getting college degrees?

I report, you decide. But all that talk about earthquakes is sure interesting. And if the mullahs are really going to “join the nuclear club in a month,” it’s not a long wait.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonman1111
Maybe they got a bunch of cases of extramarital affairs

news.oneindia.in...

Yeah, obviously a cover story for something bigger. Even the old clerics aren't that delusional... yet!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Last week's sudden warnings by Iranian government of an imminent earthquake in Tehran has raised speculations on the cause of this sudden move.

In other words, the writer probably visited ATS, read all the wild speculative posts about the article that day, wrote this up, and it ended up being posted here.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
It's very odd indeed.

Maybe it's a combination of the nuke test and keeping people out of the city if it's attacked. Because surely the Iranians don't believe saying a nuke going off was an earthquake would fool anyone. So maybe they're preparing for a retaliation if they do test something.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
nothing is odd here
for a long time they were supposed to make Tehran no longer the capital because of seismic activity that would be to come.

this is old news really
nothing to worry about

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Yup,

I figured they would start some sort of propaganda like this against Iran. It's just too hard to believe that the guy was really worried about his people huh?

There was nothing about "forced" evacuations. The report I read about him wanting people to move included choice to go or stay. Those that did would be provided low interest loans to purchase land and new houses, which is a good thing.

In any case, NO country would do nuclear testing below the capitol, that's just asking for problems, especially if the area is already prone to earthquakes to begin with.

Common sense would dictate they would use the vastly empty desert or mountanous regions of Iran for such testing.

Also, Iran would not keep such a thing secret. A test would mean they either have a bomb, or are very close to perfecting design. This would probably make the US and Israel think twice about being agressors.

~Keeper

[edit on 4/25/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

It's just too hard to believe that the guy was really worried about his people huh?

Yes it is

There was nothing about "forced" evacuations. The report I read about him wanting people to move included choice to go or stay. Those that did would be provided low interest loans to purchase land and new houses, which is a good thing.

No mention of forced evacuations. Although if they really cared about the people, that would be more of an indication than their other plans so far.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

I'm usually one to hate on Iran's government, I put my faith in the people there more than anything.

However, IMO allowing people the choice and providing them with assistance if they choose to relocate is a good thing for a government to do when there is an actual risk as there is in Tehran.

Occam's Razor is in play here...

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Maybe they are expecting a few of those MOAB's that were rushed through production to be lobbed their way soon.

The timing would work out, the bombs should be ready to be strapped into B2's, they are men't for underground complex's, talk talk talk from both sides and a shiny new missile factory somewhere with Chinese involvement.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
If there is a nuclear test.. particularly underground.. they could trigger an Earthquake.

Just a thought..

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by broahes
If there is a nuclear test.. particularly underground.. they could trigger an Earthquake.

Just a thought..

Exactly,

So why would you even bother doing so under your capitol city if there is such a chance? A large one a that considering all the different fault lines that Tehran sits on.

That would be like the US testing nukes in San Francisco...

~Keeper

[edit on 4/25/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

In any case. I am sure the Iranians are smart enough to not even bother testing any possible nuclear weapons which they may or may not be building. I mean the first atomic bombs we built during world war 2. Duct tape was used on some of the areas to hold it together and they worked

But in any case, it's none of our business what they're doing IMO.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Or maybe the caught a plan by the US to use HAARP against them..

second line for these:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I've long suspected that Iran would try to emulate what N.K. achieved - they've been working closely together since they were thrown into the "Axis of Evil." If I remember correctly, Iranian scientists were at the N.K. tests, right?

I also suspect that Iran and N.K. have an agreement that if one of them is attacked the other will attack their own neighbors....if Israel/US attacks Iran, N.K will attacked S.K. and if N.K. is attacked Iran will attack Israel or try and close the Straights. That way the US will have to fight on two fronts - something they really can't afford. IMO, the US knows this and that's why nothing is happening - they've explained to Israel that if Iran is attacked they'll have to send a lot of their forces to Asia and Israel might find itself on its own. Anyway, going off topic a bit...

The only reason I suspect the earthquake warnings have nothing to do with a nuke test is because it's too near Tehran. Why test a nuke close to the capital? They have HUGE country with large areas of unsettled land to play with. Testing a nuke on their own doorstep makes no sense.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124

features.kodoom.com< br />

Last week's sudden warnings by Iranian government of an imminent earthquake in Tehran has raised speculations on the cause of this sudden move. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Iranian President, wants many residents of Tehran to permanently move out to avoid the chaos and destruction that will ensue an expected earthquake. Other government officials pointed out that especially "university students" need to leave Tehran! to stay safe. Imams appointed by Iranian leader to The Friday prayer sermons, also warn
(visit the link for the full news article)

Iran has no nuke weapon program, if they have it's years away from a warhead test, Tehran sits on a fault line, only a moron would think the Iranians would test under or near their city.

If it is not just part of an ongoing strategy of readiness against earthquakes, it could be an effort to make the population of Tehran safer from air attack.

It could be a dispersal of population and assets so as to mitigate the effects of an anticipated attack.

It could be an attempt to make it harder for an occupying power to govern and control Iran/Tehran.

It could be an attempt to spread out the population to have large centres of population as a ready resource for the resistance to an anticipated invasion.

Many more theories could be dreamt up that would have greater merit than the absurd test a nuke under the capital city theory.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye
Many more theories could be dreamt up that would have greater merit than the absurd test a nuke under the capital city theory.

You telling me americans and uk dd not put weapons out like chemical weapons in things like subways in there history to test, lol.

I do not know about iran, but government always do not care about there populations.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

only a moron would think the Iranians would test under or near their city.

Thanks for bringing silly insults with you to this thread.

It's possible they'll test away from the cities and faultline, and the regime wants Iranian's to leave Tehran before the bombing begins.

Although we'll find out by the end of May whether Ledeen's sources are accurate, or not. He even leaves it up to the reader to conclude whatever they want from it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join