It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

We need to form a Civilian Watchdog Unit

page: 1
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
We need to spy on our own government we cannot trust anything they do. Let us also form a military unit meant to protect the people. I know I can find plenty of Southerners who will find sympathy with me on this issue. The National Civilian Protection Force it will be called. Office runs out of Dallas Tx. Hell Yeah lets get a revolution going.




posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Who watches the Watchers?



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Who watches the Watchers?

The government who else.



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Who watches the Watchers?

The government who else.



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
heck even a Yankee like me could go for this.

I don't know how the government would take it. A militarized watch dog group, they could see it as upright rebellion.



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Better you vote for the right person. Scrutinize him/her closely and then trust the elected to do the job right, and let them do the job unemcumbered. If the trust is abused, boot him out after 1 term. Your vote is sacred and powerful enough.

If there is no trust in the leadership, no matter how limited in form for no mortal is perfect, then we may as well give up on civilisation and go back to the jungles, to each his own and the fittest survive.



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by quantumdragon
heck even a Yankee like me could go for this.

I don't know how the government would take it. A militarized watch dog group, they could see it as upright rebellion.


It does not matter what the government says they have crossed the line there are no boundaries we must create our own to warn them that impeding upon liberties and rights will not be taken lightly. We are not the sheeple we are the people.



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Better you vote for the right person. Scrutinize him/her closely and then trust the elected to do the job right, and let them do the job unemcumbered. If the trust is abused, boot him out after 1 term. Your vote is sacred and powerful enough.

If there is no trust in the leadership, no matter how limited in form for no mortal is perfect, then we may as well give up on civilisation and go back to the jungles, to each his own and the fittest survive.

Very good perspective but to every thesis there is an antithesis. It is time though we keep an eye on the affairs of our government. Issues like Area 51, Dulce, and so forth. We need to get on top of things before they get us. Sometimes most people won't awaken up to use their power to vote unless the truth was told to them something the media does not want to tell



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Being an American outside the US looking in, it's pretty sad to see the devolution of a country that once held the idea that all are equal as citizens and that civil discourse could reign over violence into a series of armed warring camps, each claiming to be "true" Americans and calling for what appears to be an ideological cleansing like the ethnic cleansings we saw in Yugoslavia and Rwanda.

It's sort of like seeing the guy you knew in high school who was the top scholar and best athlete now a homeless crack addict.

America, we weep for you.



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthquakeNewMadrid2010
 


Rebel-rousers have got nothing coming from me , other than open opposition .

When I see threads like this that call for 'revolution' , the first thing I do is check out your profile , and glean what I can from it in order to analyze you .

Having responded to another of your threads already this morning , I find it neccessary to reply to this one as well .

To all ATS members : Use common sense when replying to posts that call for revolution , guns , molotov-cocktails , violence etc., etc.

It is common knowledge at this point , that ATS is being monitored by the ADL for hate speech , calls for violence , cries for revolution , overthrow of the government , etc.

Once again , use your . and not your emotions when posting .

If you have any respect at all for the site owners of ATS , you must not let yourself be conned into joining some 'mob-mentality' that will be detrimental to the survival of ATS .

If you are looking for a soapbox from which to incite riots and instill hatred for the gvernment and talk of violence thru guns and molotov-cocktails , please ask and I will be more than happy to give you a list of such sites that would be more to your liking and needs .

Freedom-of-speech is one thing , stupidity is another .

You have the right to appear stupid and ignorant , you DO NOT have the right to cause the rest of us here at ATS to appear to be the same .



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
reply to post by EarthquakeNewMadrid2010
 


Rebel-rousers have got nothing coming from me , other than open opposition .

When I see threads like this that call for 'revolution' , the first thing I do is check out your profile , and glean what I can from it in order to analyze you .

Having responded to another of your threads already this morning , I find it neccessary to reply to this one as well .

To all ATS members : Use common sense when replying to posts that call for revolution , guns , molotov-cocktails , violence etc., etc.

It is common knowledge at this point , that ATS is being monitored by the ADL for hate speech , calls for violence , cries for revolution , overthrow of the government , etc.

Once again , use your . and not your emotions when posting .

If you have any respect at all for the site owners of ATS , you must not let yourself be conned into joining some 'mob-mentality' that will be detrimental to the survival of ATS .

If you are looking for a soapbox from which to incite riots and instill hatred for the gvernment and talk of violence thru guns and molotov-cocktails , please ask and I will be more than happy to give you a list of such sites that would be more to your liking and needs .

Freedom-of-speech is one thing , stupidity is another .

You have the right to appear stupid and ignorant , you DO NOT have the right to cause the rest of us here at ATS to appear to be the same .

Yeah well what I should say should not have anything to do with the site. I am one person and what I say should have miniscule meaning if has anymore than that these people are just whistleblowers looking for any excuse to make someone look bad.



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthquakeNewMadrid2010
 


To be fair , I will give you the benefit-of-doubt , maybe you are unaware of the issue with the ADL .

At this point , what you say may have EVERYTHING to do with the site . Being 'one person' does not preclude them from using your comments of revolution , guns , and molotov-cocktails to further their agenda to stifle free-speech .

This type of rhetoric is ammo for their arsenal .

Maybe you aren't aware that you are playing right into their hands . They have already taken posts from ATS and quoted them out-of-context , in their attempt to stifle those who oppose the current state-of-affairs in this country .

So , if you are serious about your concerns for what is happening to our country , do not give them more fuel for their agenda .

Comments such as yours only give support to those whom you declare to oppose .

Please understand that I will be one of your staunchest supporters in the fight for freedom-of-speech , but please understand also , that I can't and won't support you when it comes down to speech that supports the agenda of those whom are our enemies in this battle .

The best defense is a good offense . We can't expect to win this battle if we are attacking them with the very thing they are accusing us of .

Choose your words wisely , that's all I am saying . Allow your intelligence to wage the war , not your emotions .

You will be useless to the cause if you are spending your days in an 8x10 cell somewhere for the crime of sedition .


www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 25-4-2010 by okbmd]



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
reply to post by EarthquakeNewMadrid2010
 


To be fair , I will give you the benefit-of-doubt , maybe you are unaware of the issue with the ADL .

At this point , what you say may have EVERYTHING to do with the site . Being 'one person' does not preclude them from using your comments of revolution , guns , and molotov-cocktails to further their agenda to stifle free-speech .

This type of rhetoric is ammo for their arsenal .

Maybe you aren't aware that you are playing right into their hands . They have already taken posts from ATS and quoted them out-of-context , in their attempt to stifle those who oppose the current state-of-affairs in this country .

So , if you are serious about your concerns for what is happening to our country , do not give them more fuel for their agenda .

Comments such as yours only give support to those whom you declare to oppose .

Please understand that I will be one of your staunchest supporters in the fight for freedom-of-speech , but please understand also , that I can't and won't support you when it comes down to speech that supports the agenda of those whom are our enemies in this battle .

The best defense is a good offense . We can't expect to win this battle if we are attacking them with the very thing they are accusing us of .

Choose your words wisely , that's all I am saying . Allow your intelligence to wage the war , not your emotions .

You will be useless to the cause if you are spending your days in an 8x10 cell somewhere for the crime of sedition .


www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 25-4-2010 by okbmd]

I am very sorry if I have misrespresented ATS at all. Who is the ADL?



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthquakeNewMadrid2010
 


Being somewhat of an 'old-dude' , please forgive me of my arrogance when I assume that most people know who/what the ADL is .

ADL stands for Anti-Defamation League . Here are a few links , pro and con .

Please check them all , as well as the one I posted above .


www.fpp.co.uk...

www.hourofthetime.com...

www.ety.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.adl.org...





[edit on 25-4-2010 by okbmd]

[edit on 25-4-2010 by okbmd]

[edit on 25-4-2010 by okbmd]

[edit on 25-4-2010 by okbmd]



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
reply to post by EarthquakeNewMadrid2010
 


Being somewhat of an 'old-dude' , please forgive me of my arrogance when I assume that most people know who/what the ADL is .

ADL stands for Anti-Defamation League . Here are a few links , pro and con .

Please check them all , as well as the one I posted above .


www.fpp.co.uk...

www.hourofthetime.com...

www.ety.com...





[edit on 25-4-2010 by okbmd]

[edit on 25-4-2010 by okbmd]

I want to blow these people to the next dimension sending. Only way I can describe people like this is through satire and propaganda time we tear these douchebags down.



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
In any case, what makes you think that once that buracracy was created that it would not be deviated from its founding principles? Humans are inherently flawed, and any group that wants to repair those flaws will frequenly simply replace one flaw with another. As was mentioned earlier, who will watch the watchers?



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
You guys need an american Hizbullah.

A people army able to take on the US army if it turns against the people.

Since the elite only respect force, this could get a long towards being listened to in Washington... and make them scare... as a government should be of it's people.



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth1000
In any case, what makes you think that once that buracracy was created that it would not be deviated from its founding principles? Humans are inherently flawed, and any group that wants to repair those flaws will frequenly simply replace one flaw with another. As was mentioned earlier, who will watch the watchers?

True but if we follow the constitution and abide by the rules as they we might be able to set a tone of voice that will expose the hypocrisy in Washington. Every human act has the potential to be errant. I think though we should have some form of knowing what is going on.



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
You guys need an american Hizbullah.

A people army able to take on the US army if it turns against the people.

Since the elite only respect force, this could get a long towards being listened to in Washington... and make them scare... as a government should be of it's people.


Nice in theory, but in the state as of now to much indifference and intolerance [which still lingers in certain places] prevents us from banding together. This is probably the way in which the people in control would want it to be, it's like the 'ol saying goes 'Divide and conqueror.' Already divided because of our difference an even bigger rift was made to keep all further divided and from seeing eye to eye on certain issues.

Though if such a rift could easily be minded we would probably have such a thing. As of now I would probably say the site of our 'people army' if you could call it that would vary from one county of a state to the next. Some being probably as big as a church congregation (probably 100~150 tops) down to the amount of people that could fit on a rather small bus. [Perhaps 40~50].



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
i'll pass
government watch dog groups are usually just as corrupt as government its self and are led by power hungry people too lazy to stand up and do things themselves.

The guy above me who said "Who watches the watchers?"


Exactly.

Watchdog groups are a joke, hidden by the rare occasions they actually bust government doing something wrong.

That, and i don't want black helicopters flying over my house after some fbi agent reads your post.



new topics

top topics



 
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join