It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time; a speeding locomotive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Good day and happy hunting to all members of the guestbook that are reading this thread (and to the rest of you also)! I hope you are well. As usual I must apologise in advance; if my post here is similar in content to anyone else’s threads, I am sorry and will give you instant credit for the info. Also if this has been stated by someone of note from the science/theoretic world, you may berate me.

Now, I reckon you’ve all noticed that the older you get, the faster time seems to pass you by? I know I have, and it’s depressing to say the least (at times anyway). Why does this happen? I think it’s because of this:

When you are a child you understand a small amount of what life is. You know, or should know, only about your own life and the basic things about it; such as watching tele, playing etc. The older you get the more you think- or should think- and therefore the more time you spend thinking. You may also have more to do in life and therefore, even if you don’t know it, you are taking up time with activities that are EITHER physical or mental, or BOTH physical and mental.

Also you have more history to you, and are being propelled through time quickly. If you can imagine looking at a vertical line of beads and a horizontal line, the further away they get the smaller they get (if you are on a level plane with them), so could the same apply to time? The further you get from the beginning the quicker things go and, because the room in your brain increases as you develop, there is more room for information and thought. If you use triangles to fill the space in between the parallel beads, they start off small and concise but they slowly stretch and thin out, increasing the interest and capability of thought process, but keeping the space the same.
Therefore as the space stays the same but you do more in that small space, the less time you have.

I apologise, I should put a diagram with this somewhere… Or I could have used a simpler explanation…

Well I hope to hear from you if you have any queries, arguments and/or put downs (maybe even praises!
). But above all, enjoy the post!

Ramadwarf on a theory regarding the increase of time as you get older.

join