It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Roads Lead to Rome

page: 95
<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

What the protestants weren't protesting, was the concept of Monotheism as put forth by Rome. What they weren't protesting where the basic cannonical laws as put forth by Rome.

What they were protesting for was a franchise.

Some people simply can not see the forest through the trees.

Yes everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Once stated, and they have nothing to add to the debate but an opinion, then it's time to move on.

Those who have read the thread that have honest questions that want to ask them, should.

Those that have something that adds to the theory or ties in then they should.

Those who simply want to distrupt for the sake of some petty grudge or a testamonial to their faith, really aren't doing themselves or anyone else any favors.

It's real simple.

No one can disprove the theory, no one can completely prove it either.

It's posted in General Conspiracies as a theory for a reason. It's not posted in UFO's for a reason, it's not posted in religious conspiracies for a reason.

My agenda is better understanding the control grid that runs and rules the world.

That's why it's in general conspiracies.

edit on 17/9/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isaacland
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I think you should put all your research about Rome online, create a website where everything will be well organized and designed. Your site could be use as a great resource tool to help us dig even deeper in this fascinating conspiracy.

Please ProtoplasmicTraveler, let me know if you decide to do it.

Yes please do, because the stock you but into your "research" I would love to fact check it.... or is it classified Top Secret?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Okay I read the first five pages, if there after that give me the page number, I don’t have the time nor patience to read through all these pages of back and forth arguing. ANNNNNNNNNND wikipedia is not a source any clown can write stuff in there, Colleges wont even except that has a source.

edit on 17-9-2010 by poedxsoldiervet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Much of it is in the thread you refuse to read, so why pretend you would research it on a website

Considering you consider sources like ChristianityToday as a quick and convenient place to get your answers once again, not sure why you are even on a conspiracy site.

The topic of the thread is ROME, and how it rules the world using a combination of Religion, Banking, Law, Commerce, and Military Force.

Those wishing to discuss the theory should first read the opening piece and then a significant portion of the thread where many posters including CHRISTIANS provided ADDITIONAL sources of their own, to substantiate elements of the conspiracy.

Once again please post something topical and lucid once reading the thread.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

Okay I read the first five pages, if there after that give me the page number, I don’t have the time nor patience to read through all these pages of back and forth arguing. ANNNNNNNNNND wikipedia is not a source any clown can write stuff in there, Colleges wont even except that has a source.

edit on 17-9-2010 by poedxsoldiervet because: (no reason given)

Once again read the thread, most of the most important information is in the first 40 pages.

If you are trying to arrive at a conclusion that involves x amount of factors but only going to use y amount of factors because of laziness or impetuousness then no, you aren't going to arrive at any answer that is based on all the factors.

It is not my fault you let a few manipulative members talk you into joining in on their behalf.

Or that you do not have the time or inclination to read the thread, before attempting to debate a very lengthy theory that entails a very lengthy piece of time.

Especially since, I did take a huge amount of time to lay it all out.

All you are displaying is that you want to disagree so badly that any shoddy effort that might support why you disagree hastily convened is a ligitimate one, which is only an insult to people who use such methedology, not me.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

You want to talke about sources YOU USED WIKIPEDIA.... And I said it was to show that not All Chirstians belive the hogwash the catholic church teaches.....

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

You want to talke about sources YOU USED WIKIPEDIA.... And I said it was to show that not All Chirstians belive the hogwash the catholic church teaches.....

Once again had you read the thread you would know where I used Wikpedia was for additional background on basic history for people like yourself who obviously don't know it.

When and where this was done was to establish the basic history everyone works off of, and a time line.

The thread is a wealth of various sources, that once again all you are displaying is you are not reading but perusing to reach false conclusions, while promoting no rational or researched counter theory of your own, other than how you know the Bible not true!

But I do want to thank you for moving the thread past Stormdancer's latest anti-Islam propaganda, and Slayer pimping his own highly theoretical takes on ancient history, while adding nothing of substance to the debate.

I like you, you are easy to play.

Read the thread!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Dude you used Wikipedia for most of your links. I know History, I love History... Your running in circles chasing your tale, show the hard facts. Thats all you got to do is show them, but you keep referring to the thread and all I see is Wikipedia and Opinions. Can you show them

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The ancient Near East: historical sources in translation
By Mark William Chavalas

books.google.com... =en&ei=O8CTTND7KY6enwe83LnRBw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CBYQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=Adda%20guppi%27s%20funeral&f=false

Just in case anyone wants to curl up with a good book.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

anti-Islam propaganda

there was nothing anti islam.
as a matter of fact I think all religions have borrowed from one another since Sumeria.

edit on 023030p://bFriday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: add

edit on 023030p://bFriday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

If it was just the Catholic Church, it'd be easy, but there's a few dozen more sects which are offshoots (ie. Greek Orthodox etc.)

For the first several centuries after The Holy Roman Church gained ascendancy and the political clout that came with it in the Empire (300 AD and on), there were quite a number of other sects declared heretical and hunted down as well (Arians, Gnostics, etc.).

It was a power struggle and still is today. If you don't think this true, just watch the pope this week during his tour and listen to what he's saying that has political ramifications.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I don’t have the time nor patience to read through all these pages of back and forth arguing.

Sorry to hear this… it was a pleasure to met you…unless you have something positive to had let me wish you good luck and farewell then…

ProtoplasmicTraveler what do you think of my idea of creating a website for your research on Rome

edit on 17-9-2010 by Isaacland because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

For sure, The Catholic Church High Jacked Jesus for there own gain, The Catholic Off Shoots, all do the same. I could care less for the Pope or any of these so called Relgious leaders, my relationship with God is my buisness.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Dude you used Wikipedia for most of your links. I know History, I love History... Your running in circles chasing your tale, show the hard facts. Thats all you got to do is show them, but you keep referring to the thread and all I see is Wikipedia and Opinions. Can you show them

You really are displaying your own lack of Focus, Masqua above placed many great sources and posts in the thread.

Jackflap, and Hothnsnake devout Christians both, placed many sources in the thread that support my theories.

A number of other people added snippettes here and there from a wide variety of sources as did I.

You are focused right now on an argument, not a debate, and an argument, simply for the pleasure of a few people who invited you to join in it and offered promises of support.

To date this thread has recieved over 23 rounds of applause from ten different staff members, 382 flags, and 92 pages of contributions.

Read the thread, or don't read the thread, but understand if you don't read the thread, you have no idea what you are debating.

It's going to take some time, you might have to postpone your moment of glory and confrontation.

Some people might pout as a result.

Familarize yourself with the theory and thread so you at least understand how it's being put forward, then debate it.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I don't think the pope wields the power he once did, not to say that cannot be revived.

Edited to say, however, there are similarities within the Roman catholic ritual that can be found back as far as Sumerian ritual.

edit on 023030p://bFriday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
It was a power struggle and still is today. If you don't think this true, just watch the pope this week during his tour and listen to what he's saying that has political ramifications.

The Catholic Church is dying IMO.

So he may go about his preaching but less and less are listening. Have you been to Catholic services in Europe? I have with a friend of mine the place was nearly deserted. The Eastern Orthodox and Catholic Churches separated long ago and haven't recovered.

To deny their influence of that past is ignorant I would agree. They have however become a convenient boogey man.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

you still dont get it you wrote a thread and used your opinions not csupported by facts, other folks chipped in on it, I want to see your facts. Yes your wrote it well, and could sell the idea and make a movie or a sit-com out of it, Hell I'd buy your book. Show me a little of your reseach thats all I am asking.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Correct Slayer thats why people were surprised when the Church did not choose an African or Latin American, being that the Church still weilds some influence there.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

[For sure, The Catholic Church High Jacked Jesus for there own gain, The Catholic Off Shoots, all do the same. I could care less for the Pope or any of these so called Relgious leaders, my relationship with God is my buisness.

Oh... I feel the same way you do. In fact, I think you're preaching to the choir on that topic.

Yes, the Catholic Church may be in decline in the West, but it certainly isn't declining worldwide, as in the Far East, Central and South America, Africa... I'd say that's where it is really focussed on building a following. Europe and North America are mostly Protestant or just atheist (and agnostic, like me)

edit on 17/9/10 by masqua because: sp

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
FOR THE RECORD: My e-books are not for sale and never have been. the podcasts and radio programs that had me on for interviews, did not pay me nor offer me payment. all my research has been for the purpose of pointing out what was to me, at the time, a shocking connection between ancient sumer and the book of revelations and the sudden revelation, that ancient technology was real afterall.

the point of my disagreement isn't that rome is powerful and hooked into everything, but rather, the premise that they falsified all ancient history and the associated artifacts, globally. not only does such a concept poke holes in my own theories, but it also pokes holes the size of the grand canyon and dumps everything in it, around the world for the last 2000 years (and earlier). it totally disrespects everything, including oral histories of people in places we didn't even know about for a very long time. it chucks the whole of our combined heritages into the void at the expense of every science we have at our disposal.

edit on 17-9-2010 by undo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join